• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Thread

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The other night I dreamed that I joined a swim meet as a member of a team, but I'm not and I wasn't a very good swimmer, and I totally failed. I was the first one to not make it on to the next round (like American Idol... I don't know if they do that in swim meets, probably not!), but I apparently forgot that I was cut and came back anyway, and didn't notice that I was completely doing the wrong strokes - I pretty much always did front crawl, when I was supposed to be doing butterfly, backstroke, etc. The the swim coach started hitting on me and tried to convince me to leave my husband for him, which in the dream I found sort of endearing, but in real life I would find totally despicable.

Strange. Glad that wasn't real. It was embarrassing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had an interesting experience a while ago talking to a friend about our respective dreams the night before. Both were bad dreams about Facebook.

My friend (an xSFJ) dreamed that her Facebook wasn't working, and she realized that she suddenly had no access to all of her very best friends (who live across the country from her), and that really scared her in the dream (though she didn't wake up scared - it wasn't a nightmare).

My dream, on the other hand, was one that I've had maybe three times in the last year, and it involved "waking up" (within the dream) to realize that I had sleepwalked to the computer, logged into Facebook, and typed insane sh*t all over the place - on my wall, on other people's walls, etc. I was terrified at the thought that I couldn't even judge the scale of my crazy sleep-posting, and the fact that people had already replied to my posts.

It struck me just how personality-related these dreams were. My friend told me, when describing her dream, that losing human contact is one of her biggest fears - which explains her extreme reaction to a dream event that wouldn't have bothered me much. I didn't tell her this, but my dream was part of a long-ish line of dreams I've had in the past year, relating to utter loss of control. (They're usually about insanity, but sleep behavior is really only a step away.)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had a dream where my old boss threw me into a circular deep pool where you couldn't touch and closed it off with a net that I couldn't touch or it would hurt me or something because I was late to work, or just never showed up for the past couple of months. So I had to tread water until I 'was punished' to their standards, and then my boss called all of my coworkers to stand around and watch me drown....and I think Scar from the Lion King was there too...I remember seeing images of him on a cliff looking down at me...strange.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if anyone here interprets dreams, but I had a slew of weird dreams last night.

The one I remember most vividly:

I was sitting in my car with the windows cracked and this huge crow flew down and tried to get in. I started swinging my backpack at it....then it flew over the top of my car and tried to get into the moonroof, and it bit my hand as I was trying to push it out. I ended up boxing the bird and eventually grabbed its beak and tried to break it. :shock:

Now, I'm starting recall that I had another dream last night where I had to grab a dog by the muzzle because it tried to bite me.

Me and animals were not getting along in the unconscious world last night...

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've dreamed of MBTI tonight. Two times.

The first was about the types (every one represented by a person) going to the pool. I'm pissed off because of the Judging representatives - they at least should have gotten us all into the water before my dream ended! And I wasn't goofing off like an ENTP representative ought to do, I was actually helping them. Why can't I never get to a swimming pool when dreaming? (Though I *should* have listened to the ISFP representative and enjoy the fact that I was dreaming about such an interesting thing)

The second had to do something with functions. I was in my own head interviewing the functions. Though now I wonder why that Fi was my dominant all of a sudden. I never even met my Ne or my Ti.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had a really weird dream...like, really weird.

Not the content, but how real it felt, and what I actually did during that dream.

So, I was driving to a school meeting about studying abroad, and they decided to create a new program where we would have to find a bunch of friends and explore on our own and see what we learn in South Africa. I was super psyched to go (and would probably still be now) but the advisor told us that we'd have to get the next flight tomorrow (today) or else all the melted snow here would freeze up and we'd never get to go. :shrug:

So then I went home afterwards, and went on here telling everyone how excited I was to be going to South Africa, and then I went to bed. Didn't even consider packing, but just as I went to bed in my dream, I woke up, and was like 'SHIT I HAVE TO PACK FOR SOUTH AFRICA TOMORROW!' So I started packing clothes (mostly sweatshirts and underwear for whatever reason) into whatever bags I could find in my room (I have two purses and a mini suitcase). So then I went back to sleep (for realz) and started dreaming about South Africa again, and that it's summer down there right now, not winter...and I packed SWEATSHIRTS! So I apparently got up again (this time I don't remember actually being awake) and unpacked my stuff and apparently packed it with other stuff for summer supposedly.

When I actually got up this morn....afternoon, I freaked out about missing my flight, and my mom was like :wtf: . My closet was disheveled, and my purse was full of underwear and socks, and then I packed the suitcase with a bunch of toothbrushes. :shrug:

No more whippits! :dont:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I had a dream in which I was driving from the east to the west u.s. coast with a few dogs, visiting hotels, dragging them by their collars, recklessly crashing through walls and gates, maybe people.

Kinda tough to get into details at this point without embellishing.

Ended with my mom creepily asking me how she looks in a pink dress, which jolted me out of my dream state.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The other night I dreamed that I joined a swim meet as a member of a team, but I'm not and I wasn't a very good swimmer, and I totally failed. I was the first one to not make it on to the next round (like American Idol... I don't know if they do that in swim meets, probably not!), but I apparently forgot that I was cut and came back anyway, and didn't notice that I was completely doing the wrong strokes - I pretty much always did front crawl, when I was supposed to be doing butterfly, backstroke, etc. The the swim coach started hitting on me and tried to convince me to leave my husband for him, which in the dream I found sort of endearing, but in real life I would find totally despicable.

Strange. Glad that wasn't real. It was embarrassing.

Is your husband a swimmer?

Sunny Ghost

I had an interesting experience a while ago talking to a friend about our respective dreams the night before. Both were bad dreams about Facebook.

My friend (an xSFJ) dreamed that her Facebook wasn't working, and she realized that she suddenly had no access to all of her very best friends (who live across the country from her), and that really scared her in the dream (though she didn't wake up scared - it wasn't a nightmare).

My dream, on the other hand, was one that I've had maybe three times in the last year, and it involved "waking up" (within the dream) to realize that I had sleepwalked to the computer, logged into Facebook, and typed insane sh*t all over the place - on my wall, on other people's walls, etc. I was terrified at the thought that I couldn't even judge the scale of my crazy sleep-posting, and the fact that people had already replied to my posts.

It struck me just how personality-related these dreams were. My friend told me, when describing her dream, that losing human contact is one of her biggest fears - which explains her extreme reaction to a dream event that wouldn't have bothered me much. I didn't tell her this, but my dream was part of a long-ish line of dreams I've had in the past year, relating to utter loss of control. (They're usually about insanity, but sleep behavior is really only a step away.)
that's actually an interesting perspective on dreams.

i often felt as though even in my dreams i was self absorbed... by that i mean, i'm heavily interested in interpreting dreams, however i feel as though i'm often only able to dissect out of them what i'm currently going through, as opposed to getting any actual messages. damned self absorbed enneagram.

I don't know if anyone here interprets dreams, but I had a slew of weird dreams last night.

The one I remember most vividly:

I was sitting in my car with the windows cracked and this huge crow flew down and tried to get in. I started swinging my backpack at it....then it flew over the top of my car and tried to get into the moonroof, and it bit my hand as I was trying to push it out. I ended up boxing the bird and eventually grabbed its beak and tried to break it. :shock:

Now, I'm starting recall that I had another dream last night where I had to grab a dog by the muzzle because it tried to bite me.

Me and animals were not getting along in the unconscious world last night...
don't know if this is of any help:

Crow
To see a crow in your dream, represents death and the darker aspects of your character. The dream could also be pointing out your annoying habits. Alternatively, the crow may be conveying a message from your unconscious.

Car
To dream that you are driving a car, denotes your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another. Consider how smooth or rough the car ride is. If you are driving the car, then you are taking an active role in the way your life is going. However, if you are the passenger, then you are taking a passive role. If you are in the backseat of the car, then it indicates that you are putting yourself down and are allowing others to take over. This may be a result of low self-esteem or low self-confidence. Overall, this dream symbol is an indication of your dependence and degree of control you have on your life.

To dream that you forgot or can't find where you parked your car, indicates that you are dissatisfied or unhappy with an aspect of your waking life. You do not know what you really want to do with your life or where you want to go. To dream that you car has been stolen, indicates that you are being stripped of your identity. This may relate to losing your job, a failed relationship, or some situation which has played a significant role in your identity and who you are as a person. If you dream that your car is overheating, then it suggests that you are expending too much energy. You need to slow down or run the risk of being burnt out. You are taking on more than you can handle. It is time to take a breather.

To see a parked car in your dream, suggests that you need to turn your efforts and energies elsewhere. You may be needlessly spending your energy in a fruitless endeavor. Alternatively, a parked car may symbolize your need to stop and enjoy life. To dream that you cannot find where you parked your car, suggests that you do not know where you want to go in life.

Fighting
To dream that you are in a fight, indicates inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting for its right to be heard. It may also parallel a fight or struggle that you are going through in your waking life. If you are fighting to the death, then it refers to your refusal to acknowledge some waking conflict or inner turmoil. You are unwilling to change your old attitudes and habits.

Boxing
To watch boxing or dream that you are a boxer, suggests that you are experiencing some internal struggle or conflict. The dream may also be a pun on "boxing" things up. It suggests that you are limiting yourself and your goals/ideas. It may also indicate that you keep your emotions inside.

Boxing Gloves
To see boxing gloves in your dream, represents a difficult or even violent situation in which you are trying your best to succeed or overcome.

Shadow Boxing
To dream that you are shadow boxing, indicates an internal conflict. You are struggling with some moral issue or inner demons.

Window
To see a window in your dream, signifies bright hopes, vast possibilities and insight. If the window of a house is dark, then it indicates a loss to your perception or vitality. To see a tinted window in your dream, represents your need for privacy. You are keeping some aspects of yourself hidden. You also want to remain ambiguous. To dream that you are washing windows, suggest that you need some clarity in some matter. Something is not clear.

To dream that you are looking out the window, signifies your outlook on life, your consciousness and your point of view. It also refers to your intuition and awareness. You may be reflecting on a decision. Or you need to go out into the larger world and experience life. If you are looking in the window, then it indicates that you are doing some soul searching and looking within yourself. It is time for some introspection. To see another face in the window in your dream, suggests that you are feeling emotionally distant and physically detached. Also consider the emotion depicted on the face.

Sunroof
To see or open a sunroof in your dream, represents enlightenment. You are receiving guidance from a higher source. The dream also highlights your connection to your spirituality. If you are closing the sunroof, then it indicates that you are not in tune with your spiritual side.

Backpack
To see or carry a backpack in your dream, represents the decisions and responsibilities that are weighing your down.

Bites
To dream that you are being bitten, represents your vulnerability regarding some unresolved issues or emotions. You may be pestered by a problem or obstacle. The dream may also be a metaphor indicating that you have bitten off more than you chew. Perhaps you have too much to handle.

All of this is sourced from one of my faaaavorite websites: www.dreammoods.com

I've dreamed of MBTI tonight.
I've been having mbti related dreams lately, too. Mostly mine concern determining type. I thought it was weird that this was now occupying my dream mind.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I had a rare occasion in which I remembered last night's dream in impressive detail, so I wrote it down and here it is:

It was the first day of classes and I was waiting for the MARC train to get college park. It was snowing and I was dressed warmly, and there were many trains to choose from. I accidentally got on the orange train instead of the green train, but I realized and got off before it left for its destination to New York. Doing this, however, caused me to miss the Green Train to college park. As I was contemplating this I shifted my teeth around in my mouth and then suddenly the teeth on the lower left side of my mouth snapped and broke off! I fished them out and looked at them in horror. "Oh no!" I thought, "I must get to the University Health Center and get these put back in! This is what I get for not wearing my retainer!" So I left the train station and was suddenly back on campus, where it was no longer snowing.

This UMD campus is a lot larger and more modern than the one in reality, and the UHC especially so. I was a long way from the Health Center so I tried to run, but for some reason it was like trying to run in water. At this point I may have had an incidental conversation with a person I didn't know. I was trying desperately not to lose the teeth that fell out. Then I passed by a restaurant and looked in the window to see Ethan, Mandi, Abby, and possibly Anastasia B. eating there. They noticed me and waved me inside. I stuck my head in the door and said "I'd love to stay and chat but my teeth fell out and I sorta need to get them back in!" Abby stood up and said "Not before we get our hugs!" So I came in and hugged them all.

On my way out of the restaurant, hobbit-sized Will came in with a hobbit-sized girl in his arm and they kissed. I contemplated on the strangeness of the act and how uncharacteristic of Will it was as I was leaving. I made a mental note to check his facebook page later and see if he wasn't in fact bisexual and then I was back on track. At this point I noticed that I had in fact lost the teeth! but then I felt around inside my mouth and discovered the rest of my bottom teeth were loose as well and they fell out. My top teeth were fine. So I continued to the Health Center and noticed it had started to get dark out. I realized that I had missed all my classes that day and reflected on what repercussions that might have for me. I reached the health center, which was a huge brick building with a sizable glass atrium. For some reason, however, they had left their halloween decorations up which included model people in dentist chairs looking to be in sizable amounts of pain. I was about to walk up to the desk and tell them my predicament when I woke up and was very relieved to find out all of it was a dream.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Had a ridiculously awesome time travel dream last night; it was the general theme of my dream. I didn't even need a time machine either, just thought about the time I wanted to travel to, and I was there. All of this took place in my house, and I went back to 1989. Everything in my house went back to the way it was then, except there were some things that vaguely resembled what it currently looks like in terms of furniture arrangement and lights. But the technology was different... no LCD TV sets... had the old CRT TV set in the family room, as well as the computers were set back to the bad old days of DOS... although the actual monitor looked 90s vintage. But the TV programming was clearly 80s. I saw a child in my dream that was me at 3 years old, and I interacted with her (puts a new definition to talking to yourself). Also heard the fire department's siren go out. I think this dream represents a couple things: pivotal year of my life, self-reflection, romanticizing the past, figuring out which decade/time frame represents me best, yearning to escape reality, and the fact that I relate to the pop culture of that time frame puts a great deal of stress on me today when pop culture is much different, and that my subconscious is bringing this to my attention... that perhaps I am struggling to find my identity in the current world because I feel a strong connection to music from the past which has colored my schema of the world, and the music of today doesn't match the way I view the world, the sounds don't sound like me, pretty much.

Also had a secondary dream about going to a dining hall that had risers that had these trays of bagels, and I had picked up one, despite the fact that I was going to make sure I wasn't going to overindulge in the bagels... and I had wanted to get an egg bagel, but when I would get to the tray, the egg bagels would disappear, and nothing but egg residue would be left over. However, I still had a cinnamon raisin bagel coated with poppy seeds that I ate. I had wanted to avoid eating the poppy seed coated bagels because I didn't want to get accused of having consumed opiates. But I ate the poppy seed coated bagel anyway. Apparently bagels mean that a key element of your life is missing; and eggs have to do with coming out of your shell, being comfortable with who you are, feeling vulnerable, fertility, birth, and creative potential. Again... relates to the time travel concept, where I am searching to become comfortable with my own identity, especially when I feel that I don't fit in with the world, and yearn to be in some other time frame where I would feel more accepted.

Sounds like a type 4 style dream if you ask me, LOL.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had a dream that my mother, my brother, and myself were at the ocean. They were in the water and I was standing on the dock. I was holding a glass of water and in the glass of water was a living fetus. I dropped the glass of water with the fetus and it landed in the water. It floated on top of the water and bobbed up and down for a while on the waves. Then my mom saw it and said "Don't do that!" (Meaning don't drop the fetus into the sea water, it will sink and die). Then we all swam out far into the ocean, all the while I was holding the glass of water with the fetus in it. Then we stopped and we were just sort of swimming in place. Then on whim I dropped the fetus again thinking that it floated last time why wouldn't it float this time. And then it rapidly sank into the depths of the ocean. I panicked for a second as I tried to decide what to do. Then I swam after it only it was sinking much faster than I could swim. As I swam deeper my surroundings got more and more dim/dark. Then off in the distance a bit but coming towards me was a giant shadow. I couldn't tell what it was. It could have been just a patch of sea weed but maybe it was a shark. Fearfully, I stopped swimming and stared at it for a second very aware of the fact that the longer I stopped the farther the fetus got from me. Then I started swimming down again for 2 or 3 seconds towards the fetus but became afraid of the giant shadow. Suddenly I turned around and swam back to the surface. I was overwhelmed with guilt for letting the fetus sink to the bottom of the ocean and angry at myself. Then I woke up (in real life not in the dream). It took me a while to shake off the feeling of guilt.

Last edited:

Sunny Ghost

I had a dream that my mother, my brother, and myself were at the ocean. They were in the water and I was standing on the dock. I was holding a glass of water and in the glass of water was a living fetus. I dropped the glass of water with the fetus and it landed in the water. It floated on top of the water and bobbed up and down for a while on the waves. Then my mom saw it and said "Don't do that!" (Meaning don't drop the fetus into the sea water, it will sink and die). Then we we all swam out far into the ocean, all the while I was holding the glass of water with the fetus in it. Then we we stopped and we were just sort of swimming in place. Then on whim I dropped the fetus again thinking that it floated last time why wouldn't it float this time. And then it rapidly sank into the depths of the ocean. I panicked for a second as I tried to decide what to do. Then I swam after it only it was sinking much faster than I could swim. As I swam deeper my surroundings got more and more dim/dark. Then off in the distance a bit but coming towards me was a giant shadow. I couldn't tell what it was. It could have been just a patch of sea weed but maybe it was a shark. Fearfully, I stopped swimming and stared at it for a second very aware of the fact that the longer I stopped the farther the fetus got from me. Then I started swimming down again for 2 or 3 seconds towards the fetus but became afraid of the giant shadow. Suddenly I turned around and swam back to the surface. I was overwhelmed with guilt for letting the fetus sink to the bottom of the ocean and angry at myself. Then I woke up (in real life not in the dream). It took me a while to shake off the feeling of guilt.

Sounds like you're letting your emotions get in the way of your progress or creativity, as well as the fact that it sounds like you've got some aspects of self you aren't acknowledging... aka... your shadow self.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds like you're letting your emotions get in the way of your progress or creativity, as well as the fact that it sounds like you've got some aspects of self you aren't acknowledging... aka... your shadow self.

I told my brother about this dream and his interpretation was very similar to yours. He said that the fetus represented something unborn...something that hasn't come to pass yet...like some goal I'm striving towards in my future and that I'm not going after it out of fear. He said a little more than that only I can't remember everything he said. He mentioned something about the fact that I didn't know what the shadow was and about how I was afraid of it even though it could have only been sea weed.

I like your guys' interpretations.

I have to add though that I have a lot of dreams where I let a small being die and then feel tremendously guilty.

Sunny Ghost

I told my brother about this dream and his interpretation was very similar to yours. He said that the fetus represented something unborn...something that hasn't come to pass yet...like some goal I'm striving towards in my future and that I'm not going after it out of fear. He said a little more than that only I can't remember everything he said. He mentioned something about the fact that I didn't know what the shadow was and about how I was afraid of it even though it could have only been sea weed.

I like your guys' interpretations.

I have to add though that I have a lot of dreams where I let a small being die and then feel tremendously guilty.

haha. agreed with your brother.

take your emotions in your dream into consideration with the symbolism, as well. it's interesting that it's a repeating theme. my guess is that this has been a repeated theme of your waking life, as well.... letting your emotions take over you, your feelings of guilt, and not facing some aspect of yourself that needs to be faced. you should meditate on those.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha. agreed with your brother.

take your emotions in your dream into consideration with the symbolism, as well. it's interesting that it's a repeating theme. my guess is that this has been a repeated theme of your waking life, as well.... letting your emotions take over you, your feelings of guilt, and not facing some aspect of yourself that needs to be faced. you should meditate on those.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You know when you're shocked out of a dream into a non-dream state, tho not necessarily awake, only to fall back into something far richer?

That happened early, early this morning inside some extensive, made-up house, workers abound. This was another of those

"I'm searching for something or someone without knowing what or who or _______"

My two aunts who live together, at ages 50 and 64, respectively, decided to buy four young, tame female lions because

"Expected lifespan is 30 to 40 years and we're tired of having to bury our dogs."

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know when you're shocked out of a dream into a non-dream state, tho not necessarily awake, only to fall back into something far richer?

That happened early, early this morning inside some extensive, made-up house, workers abound. This was another of those

"I'm searching for something or someone without knowing what or who or _______"

My two aunts who live together, at ages 50 and 64, respectively, decided to buy four young, tame female lions because

"Expected lifespan is 30 to 40 years and we're tired of having to bury our dogs."

lol

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had crazy dream this morning. Aliens came to earth to search for two people, I was one of the chosen ones lol. They were shape shifters....from human to alien to black crow. The alien touched my head and I experienced a DMT trip, I also remember trying to open the back door and a crow in the parking lot stared me down, it gave me super powers so I was able to teleport through the door. Weird...

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was kneeling on the ground in the road behind a car where I was doing chest compressions on a man laying there. I couldn't see his face because another (faceless) man was bent over him administering mouth to mouth. At some point I looked up to see a man standing next to the road just looking at us. I yelled at him to "call 911", then went back to the CPR. Just after this, the man who was doing the mouth to mouth backed away for a second. It was at that time that I realized that the man I saw standing at the side of the road was the same one laying on the ground, the one I was trying to save.