• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Thread

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I dreamt I crashed the car into a pound of goldfish.

F

figsfiggyfigs

so I dreamt I was a solider in MW2. I think it was a sign I've been playing it too much....

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I had this dream that I was having a tattoo of a sinking ship and a skull on my leg. My mother came with me and then she decided that she wanted one too. She had a little tattoo of a kitten on het ankle.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've had one of my "adventure dreams":

I watched a movie about a very small model boat, steered by wooden puppets, which caused the seasons and the weather to happen. This boat had been taken and suddenly, everywhere in the world, the weather was exactly the same, misty and moderate. The hero understood there was something wrong with the little boat and prepared for a journey to rescue it.
Then I was inside the story and I was the hero. I was packing a backpack with clothes, but I had to run back and forth and never succeeded in getting everything right. Meanwhile, I knew I shouldn't wait too long for fear crops could be destroyed etc for lack of weather.

The moment I woke up, I slapped my head. I was stupid, the first thing I should have packed was the survival guide I've bought at an army store!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Tonight I had this dream that I had cancer everywhere and that I was probably going to die, but I didn't give a damn. Instead I went sailing. And I was wearing jeans too, which I never do. What does this mean?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tonight I had this dream that I had cancer everywhere and that I was probably going to die, but I didn't give a damn. Instead I went sailing. And I was wearing jeans too, which I never do. What does this mean?

this is what internet says

Cancer

To dream that you have cancer, denotes hopelessness, grief, self-pity, and unforgiveness. You feel you are wasting your life away. This dream also represents areas in your life which are bothering you, disturbing you, and hurting you in some emotional way.

Sailing

To dream that you are sailing, represents how your life is going and how you are able to handle life's problems. You are in control of your life. The dream may be metaphor that things are "smooth sailing." If you are sailing through the rough seas, then it means that you will overcome life's difficulties. If you are sailing against the wind, then it indicates that you are experiencing some struggles in your waking life.

Jeans

Wearing jeans in your dream may simply be a reflection of your waking Self and bear no additional significance. However, if there is a particular focus to the jeans, then the dream means that you need to take a more relaxed approach to some situation. If you are wearing or buying designer jeans in your dream, then it indicates that you have a relaxed attitude about money and other financial matters.

To dream that your jeans are too tight, suggests that your ideals are set too high. Alternatively, the dream means that you are feeling restrained in some relationship or situation. You are lacking freedom.

To see ripped jeans in your dream, implies that you are being overly lackadaisical about a situation or problem. The dream also denotes that you are acting inappropriately in some situation.

To dream that you are trying on jeans, indicates that you are trying hard to fit in with others.

Death

To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what you like about them. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, the dream indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life anymore. In particular, to dream about the death of your parents, indicates that you are undergoing a significant change in your waking life. Your relationship with your parents has evolved into a new realm.

To dream that you are faking your own death, suggests that you are looking for a new start. You need some change in your life. meanings by dreemmoods.com

To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or your life. You are undergoing a transitional phase and are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Although such a dream may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm as it is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so I dreamt I was a solider in MW2. I think it was a sign I've been playing it too much....

lol, I've been playing it too much and I've never had dreams about it, there may be something wrong with you?? :D

My last dream involved a high speed hovering jet car, which I was driving around a track, but there was some monsterous gliding thing dark and mysterious that was destroying tiles on the road. I could hover over them as long as there wasn't too big a gap, I could even replace some tiles. I didn't fail in the dream, but it was rather gloomy and dark and the monster had yellow wiskers. (yeah I know, wtf) :shrug:

I think I understand exactly what it means, The road is my future, which could be dark, and there's always some stupid mysterious jerkbag making it harder for me to follow my path. But I glide along and make it over such obstacles because I am awesome. :hifive:

I wish I could remember some of my other dreams. Like a nightmare I had about a compeditive, life or death slaughterhouse with a chaotic evil dude controlling everything, killing people and forcing you to kill people. Everyone was put in dark metal cages and unleashed upon each other. I can't remember what I did but it was brutal. The dream continued with a red brick building full of burning people. Nasty nightmares.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had this specific dream on my first night at Discipleship Focus. I remembered this dream, without writing it down, because it held a very specific meaning to me. It was one of those few dreams you get that you automatically know the meaning behind it. Alright, here we go.

-----
My dream begins with my walking into a dark room with candles flickering all over. I see a boy I knew in high school walk towards me like he was happy to see me. This particular boy had dabbled in Satanism (if it's possible to dabble), but he had always been very kind to me. He seemed interested in my beliefs when I knew him because he always had questions to ask me about my faith at the time and I often asked him about his.

Anyways, he comes towards me with open arms and asks me to join him in his ceremony. At that moment I realize why it was so dark and why there were candles all over. I was in the middle of some sort of black mass with that big star in the middle of the floor, candles aligning it and the goat head in the middle. (I forget what the actual ceremony is called and everything :doh:)

I stepped back, frightened suddenly. I couldn't even say "no" to his request, I was just trying to back up away from him. When he saw my change in behavior, he grabbed my arms and lifted me above his head violently. Suddenly, everything about him changed right before my eyes. No longer did a young teenage boy have me held over his head, no, now I was in the grasps of a horrifying demon! I could feel it's talons digging into my arms and see the venom spewing out of its dagger toothed mouth.

It shook me and went to throw me into the middle of that... star (I forget what it's called, argh). I don't know how, but I threw my head back and screamed "Jesus, please save me!".

Suddenly, the ground started to shake violently and the demon lost it's grasp on me. The whole room caved into the Earth, taking the demon along with it. Everything was gone! But out of what use to be, sprang forth many girls dressed in beautiful gowns and crowns. They were all dancing on air together as if they were having a grand party, rejoicing in the death of evil. They grabbed onto my hand and pulled me into their celebration, suddenly being clothed in the same beautiful dresses and crowns as all the other girls. We all danced upon the clouds until I woke up.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
dream from this morning:

It started elsewhere, something like on a bus between local towns with school kids and people from my old school. then it became more surreal and I ended up at a chemist, in which everyone was suffering from the cold and insisted that I was too. The chemist was bizzare. I left the chemist and ended up on a large bridge over cold running water, with beautiful towering trees overhead and it was sunny :D.

Then it randomly jumped into an aussie rules football stadium, which was WAY larger than normal... almost futuristic, and one of the players was playing from the platform I was on, and he was a bogan but friendly enough. He was kicking goals from one side of the oval to the other, he even let me kick one off because they were winning by heaps. Mind failed I think, and I tried to give him advice, saying that it would be better to kick it to a team-mate instead of kicking goals from soooo far back. Throughout the entire dream, there was bogans from my old school. It was oddly nostalgic.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I had this dream that Gregory House died (accident in the kitchen, a pan exploded) and everyone got a week off to commemorate him. I confused him with someone else, so I gave the wrong family my condolences. This shocked me so badly, I ran away to Germany by underground bus. Everyone I knew came with me and then we sang songs about House the entire trip.

Does this mean anything?

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Dream Journal 9th/10th Sept 2010

I am in a run-down city, and I go to the ATM with my Mum to withdraw some money. I find that my balance was a hundred pounds, but Mum presses a few buttons on the machine, and it changes immediately to over a thousand pounds. We go to a huge Asda, and outside, I hear three youths talking about a plan to blow it up, but I ignore them. After that, I meet Bradley Walsh outside the store, who tells me that I can get a better deal with London taxi drivers if I employ their services in a sort of bidding war using chocolate Bourbon biscuits. I laugh slightly, and ask him if he's serious, and he pulls a sandwich bag out of his pocket which is filled with said biscuits. I look at the road in front of us, and the only cars that I an see for a long way back are black and white cabs, some of which are pipping their horns.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I keep having dreams about failure. :shock:

Will2911

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I barely ever dream. It is so very very rare. My head usually hits the pillow and I can go to sleep almost straight away.

However two nights back I had what I would call a nightmare, I've not been very well this week, so maybe that's contributed. The dream was about a scientist who had invented this dustbin, the thing about this dustbin was that you could throw things in it, and they would be destroyed forever, and forgotten by everyone, apart from the person who threw it in. You could throw anything into this dustbin, concepts, people, places, attitudes, literally anything.

Peoplw started throwing in all the things that I held dear though, all the traditions I love, all the things which hold society together and prevent anarchy and chaos.

Some how there were a group of us who could remember the good things which had been destroyed, so we formed a resistance movement, we fought the anarchists, but unfortunatley people sided with them as they enjoyed chaos, and they threw us in the dustbin.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I dreamt that I was at the Zumba class and 1 hour only cost 2 dollars. Pufff, I wish. it cost 16 dollars.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I dreamt a meteor was going to hit the earth very near where my family lived, so I tried to get everyone to pack and get in the car. Unfortunately, my dad (as he usually is) took forever to get ready, and by the time he got in the car, we could see the meteor streaming across the sky.

It hit the eart not too far away, and there was a white out. I found myself covered in snow, dug out, and found myself on top of a mountain. There were people frozen in the snow. I wiped some snow away to see who they were, and one was my sister. She opened her eyes, wiggled around, then ran away.

The civilization had changed to some oppressive authoritarian regime, and they were after me for some reason. Some guys were with me, and we tried to escape by hanging on to the gate and shimmying our way over to another wall. ...then things got a bit like that show Heroes, and my friends had super powers (one could travel in time, another could fall without breaking a bone), and we just went around trying to escape the authorities. One guy got caught (the one who resembled the Asian time traveller), and was tortured. I was very distressed about it, but then another guy's super powers enabled him to escape. So, we kept running.

Somehow, I ended up at Queen Elizabeth II's dining table. She had some guy serve us "the best olive oil in the world" with some crackers. It was kind of gross (it was like the garlic sauce that comes with pizza). I tried painting her portrait as a thank you gift, but I don't know how to paint people, so I gave up, and painted a wintery landscape for her instead. I fantasized about her hanging it in her palace (kind of like people who have diamonds, and jewels, and one cheap wire ring that their granddaughter made for them which they keep because it's special and has sentimental value).

Then the dream segued into some other crazy thing with buying and selling 3D model houses that I painted... whatever, I don't really remember that part.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I also dream about my SO a lot. I've had 2 dreams where he left me for another woman (who was dumber and uglier). I was sad, but grateful for the time we shared together.

Some dreams are weird and sexual:

Once, I dreamt he was way more muscular than he is IRL, and I found him in bed with another woman... Then (and this is NOT what I would've done IRL), I asked him to have sex with her while I watched, because for some odd reason, I thought it would be hot. So, half way through it, I started feeling a bit jealous, but knew I couldn't be mad at him because I had asked him to do it.

Another time, his sister (not his real life sister, but some average-looking gal who represented his sister) came to visit, and I wanted to have a three-some with them (weird!!!). So, they started off with each other while I humped a thermometer (IRL, my SO had a fever, and I had been taking his temperature, so that's where that came from). It was all fun, but after a while, I started to get impatient because he never got around to me, and then I got pissed. So, I yelled at him afterwards.

WEEEIIIIRRRDDDD!!!

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
My most recent was one where I was on a yellow hill, chasing a ball. As I started running after it, the hill turned out to be another ball, but one with blue grass on it. Despite the color of the grass, the hill was still clearly yellow. Then my perspective just started to shift around the hill again, and again. Then the air turned into water, which made it a bit harder to see, but I could still breath well.
Then I woke up.

It was weird.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Four nights ago, I dreamnt I had these gross hanging lumps of skin and tumours on my thighs. It was horribly disturbing. I'm quite a small build, so it felt very alien to me to have these hanging pouches of lumps on my legs. Thank God it was just a dream.