User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Thread: Dream Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post

I had a really cool progression of dreams throughout highschool. My dad is Jewish (by heritage, not religion), so I partially identify with Jews. I used to have dreams that the NAZIs were after my dad and I, and I was always running away, trying to escape them. Later on, I started having dreams where I was a leader Jew, helping fellow Jews to safety. Finally, I started dreaming that I was a Christian hiding Jews. Then I stopped having holocaust dreams altogether. See the progression? Victim, empowered victim, non-victim.
    That's interesting. I'm still at the victim stage - forever getting shot, machete-d or such - it's a bummer. Sometimes I'm the one with the machete - I like those better.
    How did you become "empowered", Ms Phoenix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's interesting. I'm still at the victim stage - forever getting shot, machete-d or such - it's a bummer. Sometimes I'm the one with the machete - I like those better.
    How did you become "empowered", Ms Phoenix?
    I honestly have no idea. It's hard to tell whether the dreams are expressing subconscious processes, or are the subconscious processes themselves... (chicken or the egg thing).

In the last year I've been dreaming about trying to get to work, but getting lost on the way. It usually involves some sort of public transportation, and I'll miss the bus, or get off at the wrong stop, etc. Sometimes if I get lost and am just randomly wandering the city, there will be a natural disaster and I have to help 2 or 3 people to safety. There have been floods, earthquakes, and even a giant R2D2 that destroyed the city with giant lazers. Sometimes I get to work (the building), but take the wrong elevator 5 million times. I often end up in a mall or food court and go shopping, although I never buy anything because I think it's all a rip-off (that's what I do in real life too). I have the feeling that once I start grad. school, I'll magically make it to work in my dreams.

MBTI
    yupp

lately my dreams have been starting out where I'm a different person, like someone I know, or a character on tv, then I turn into myself in the middle of the dream.I also am able to talk to animals in my dreams.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I honestly have no idea. It's hard to tell whether the dreams are expressing subconscious processes, or are the subconscious processes themselves... (chicken or the egg thing).
    I see dreams as the corrective voice of your unconscious. They're the playground of your inferior functions.
    I would have thought the dream progression mirrored your own personal cognitive development. So what I was asking is - did you do any "work" to free yourself from victimhood?
    In the last year I've been dreaming about trying to get to work, but getting lost on the way. It usually involves some sort of public transportation, and I'll miss the bus, or get off at the wrong stop, etc. Sometimes if I get lost and am just randomly wandering the city, there will be a natural disaster and I have to help 2 or 3 people to safety. There have been floods, earthquakes, and even a giant R2D2 that destroyed the city with giant lazers. Sometimes I get to work (the building), but take the wrong elevator 5 million times. I often end up in a mall or food court and go shopping, although I never buy anything because I think it's all a rip-off (that's what I do in real life too).
    That pretty much sounds like my average day - minus the natural disasters and messiah complex

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    lately my dreams have been starting out where I'm a different person, like someone I know, or a character on tv, then I turn into myself in the middle of the dream.I also am able to talk to animals in my dreams.
    You mean you don't talk to animals IRL?

That's messed up.

I think you are just finding your identity. (That's a very superficial reading, btw

MBTI
    yupp

You mean you don't talk to animals IRL?

That's messed up.

I think you are just finding your identity. (That's a very superficial reading, btw
    no I mean like I can have conversations with them and read their minds. and we chat about things.

I do talk to animals in real life they just don't talk back with human words.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

no I mean like I can have conversations with them and read their minds. and we chat about things.
    what sorta things?
    i'd love to read the mind of a chicken.
    i bet those sonsabiches are profound dudes.

i talk to plants, but they don't hold up their end too well.

MBTI
    yupp

what sorta things?
    i'd love to read the mind of a chicken.
    i bet those sonsabiches are profound dudes.

i talk to plants, but they don't hold up their end too well.
    mostly its been with a dog I use to own but she died. so in my dreams we talk about different things sometimes I want to show her something, sometimes she wants to show me something, sometimes we talk about how we miss each other. just stuff you talk to with friends you haven't seen in awhile.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

mostly its been with a dog I use to own but she died. so in my dreams we talk about different things sometimes I want to show her something, sometimes she wants to show me something, sometimes we talk about how we miss each other. just stuff you talk to with friends you haven't seen in awhile.

MBTI
    INTP

Is there a truth that can be drawn from having explicit conversations in your dream?

I remember one time me and a couple of my friends were discussing the types of dreams we had and just in general the things that influence our dreams and what we could draw from it. Anyways we ended up talking about the prevalence of conversation in our dreams and if they ever played a central role in them and I found that most of them didn't have many if any conversationally centered dreams.

Personally I think those are the best type of dreams and they are more often than not the lucid dreams I have. It's usually more on the reflection of life side of things though, whether it be about some interesting concept I've been thinking about or just people in my life that I want to get a new understanding or perspective on. Sometimes it just might be they're there in a context or environment that they wouldn't regularly be in and that serves to add a very fascinating direction for my dreams.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.