User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Thread: Dream Thread

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I commonly have dreams that I'm trying to walk or run, but my legs don't work very well, nor does gravity, so I just kinda get stuck. It's super frustrating...What does it mean?

MBTI
    INTP

I have this recurring dream where I'm in the middle of a shootout in a secluded section of the city somewhere and desperately trying to escape. I think its all the damn Golden Eye I used to play! It's exhilarating for a while, but then I get bored and just escape in the most absurd way possible.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I had a dream that I was flying on a charter plane to a lovely island in the Bahamas. Except I wasn't riding inside of the plane, I was hanging onto the outside of the plane.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

ROFL!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default The Dreams Thread

Enough of this frivolity!

Since we are blessed with so many insightful, psychologically benevolent types around here, why not make use of them, I say, for a bit of free therapy.

I propose using this place here .
    To discuss any perplexing dreams you might have had (whilst unconscious - I don't want to know about your hopes and dreams :rolli and their possible interpretations.

I would start but the last one I can remember was lacking in sufficient psychological complexity. (I was hungry and I dreamt about a Big Mac- that kind of thing). No, no, that will not do. Serious, perplexing, profound, please and the more surreal the better.

Who wants to go first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Enneagram
    1w2

I propose you searching and seeing there's already a thread for this.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I propose you searching and seeing there's already a thread for this.
    Grammatical considerations aside - this isn't what I had in mind at all. These are just streams of unconsciousness, aka verbal diarrhoea. Where is the structure? Where is the methodology? Where are the Js when you need them?
    *stomps off in a huff*

Par example:

What does it mean when you dream that you are running away from your dad carrying a clingy koala bear which subsequently turns into half a pound of bacon in your arms? Is this just indigestion? Or are darker forces at work?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I commonly have dreams that I'm trying to walk or run, but my legs don't work very well, nor does gravity, so I just kinda get stuck. It's super frustrating...What does it mean?
    It means the part of your brain that controls motor skills has been disabled while you sleep (for your own safety - it's a bit of an internal J). And at some level you are conscious of this.

They did experiments on cats (evil f*cks) where they disabled the disabling mechanism in their brains (if you see what I mean) and they found they ran around in their sleep whilst they were dreaming.

Or it could mean that you feel stuck in your life in some way or you have an important decision to make which you are stumbling over.

(I make this sh*t up).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I have mostly situational dreams. They are always set in a very baroque landscape and are usually void of people. Alpine settings & Scotland are popular. Architecture is usually a dominant feature. There is rarely a narrative, only slightly strange moods and abstract situations that shift quickly. Fairly sure I'm an SF in sleep.
    Sounds pretty NTJ to me....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    This dessert only meal is a reoccuring theme in my dreams.

I am not obsessed with food or dessert in real life.

Ilah
    Yeah....we belive ya