• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Thread

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had an X-rated dream last night. I rarely have those. It was awesome and crazy at the same time.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course, dear. ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
oh gosh :wubbie: :heart: now you have made me wordless. Make a photo of this, never happens again, I swear :)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*crosses arms and snorts with jealousy*

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uh oh. I'm in trouble.

*Goes to the dog house*

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uh oh. I'm in trouble.

*Goes to the dog house*

owned
owned.gif

X-rated dreams rock. I haven't had one in a *long* while.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had a dream last night that some of my friends and I gave my Grandmother a surprise party. While she was away at work we snuck into her house and spent all day cooking dishes that she likes. There were lots of people hanging out there waiting for her, but strangely, they all were my friends, not hers, but she always enjoys when I visit her with my friends. She likes the company and complains that I don't visit her enough.

Anyways, there were people all throughout her house and even hanging out outside too. When she drove up, I watched her expression out the window. She looked confused at seeing all the people but happily confused.

Once inside, there was no startling "Surprise!" or anything like that. We just greeted her and started pampering her. She loved it and I did too.

When it came time to serve her some food, she loved everything except one meat dish. For some reason this made me very concerned and I started hopping around trying to find something she liked instead. She didn't like any of the substitutes I offered her but she was still very gracious. I was disappointed though that I failed to provide any meat dishes that she liked, and this is when I woke up.

Strange dream.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My most memorable dream to date. Ever since I've been writing them down and analyzing them. If I have time, or even remember them >_<

I was in a misty type fantasy forest walking with 3 other girls over a bridge. The whole feeling of he place was quite eerie. Anyways, there was a pair of jeans that belonged to one of the girls hanging on a bush. (she was fully clothed) Then she had a pair of mine. For some reason I threw her jeans over the bridge into a lake that had a light mist over it, and she did the same to mine. Then we all came to the end of the bridge which ended abruptly. Just short of land. The only way to get across was to swim. 2 of the other girls jumped in and I followed not thinking twice. When I jumped in...the water was so warm and comfortable. I felt like I could stay in it forever. While I was feeling the warmth of the water. The other girls had gathered something from the land, jumped back in the water. Next thing I know we're all totally submerged, breathing underwater, but they are spooked, and they head back for the bridge asap. I have a delayed reaction looking at something that was coming towards me. It's all blurry til it gets close. (still under the warm water) I see a mermaid. An angry one. I clench my fist as hard as I can and pull back, ready to attack I stare for about 2 seconds into her face. Then I too swim for the bridge as fast as I can. I can feel her following me closely like a shadow. I get up on the bridge and I look over the side. I see her underneath the clear water staring at me through subtle waves with the most peculiar of looks on her face. Like looking in a mirror almost. Then I woke up. Felt real, as most of my dreams do.

I've already analyzed this. In short it seems that the mist in my dream expresses a fear that someone/something in my waking life is not solid enough. The unconscious; anything that's hidden or obscure in my life.

The lake: If the surface is mirror like symbolizes reflection that leads to awareness.

Warm Water: Security, like being in the womb being nourished. The unconscious and emotions. (Like I said, i felt like I could stay in there forever.)

Losing my pants (lol): Refers to feelings of vulnerability.

Lastly..Mermaid: Represents feminine aspects yet to be acknowledged/realized. As a composite creature, she represents the conscious, and unconscious, and our attempt at union; material that has been tamed/humanized (the human upper body), and as yet untamed (unconscious) material (the tail and her relationship to the water)

This precisely related to what my situation was at the time.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Two nights ago, I had a dream that I was limbless, yet successfully escaping a castle.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I commonly have dreams that I'm trying to walk or run, but my legs don't work very well, nor does gravity, so I just kinda get stuck. It's super frustrating...What does it mean?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I have this recurring dream where I'm in the middle of a shootout in a secluded section of the city somewhere and desperately trying to escape. I think its all the damn Golden Eye I used to play! It's exhilarating for a while, but then I get bored and just escape in the most absurd way possible.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had a dream that I was flying on a charter plane to a lovely island in the Bahamas. Except I wasn't riding inside of the plane, I was hanging onto the outside of the plane. :shock:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Dreams Thread

Enough of this frivolity!

Since we are blessed with so many insightful, psychologically benevolent types around here, why not make use of them, I say, for a bit of free therapy.

I propose using this place here .
To discuss any perplexing dreams you might have had (whilst unconscious - I don't want to know about your hopes and dreams :rolli:) and their possible interpretations.

I would start but the last one I can remember was lacking in sufficient psychological complexity. (I was hungry and I dreamt about a Big Mac- that kind of thing). No, no, that will not do. Serious, perplexing, profound, please and the more surreal the better.:bananallama:

Who wants to go first?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I propose you searching and seeing there's already a thread for this.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I propose you searching and seeing there's already a thread for this.

Grammatical considerations aside - this isn't what I had in mind at all. These are just streams of unconsciousness, aka verbal diarrhoea. Where is the structure? Where is the methodology? Where are the Js when you need them?
*stomps off in a huff*

Par example:

What does it mean when you dream that you are running away from your dad carrying a clingy koala bear which subsequently turns into half a pound of bacon in your arms? Is this just indigestion? Or are darker forces at work?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I commonly have dreams that I'm trying to walk or run, but my legs don't work very well, nor does gravity, so I just kinda get stuck. It's super frustrating...What does it mean?

It means the part of your brain that controls motor skills has been disabled while you sleep (for your own safety - it's a bit of an internal J). And at some level you are conscious of this.

They did experiments on cats (evil f*cks) where they disabled the disabling mechanism in their brains (if you see what I mean) and they found they ran around in their sleep whilst they were dreaming.

Or it could mean that you feel stuck in your life in some way or you have an important decision to make which you are stumbling over.

(I make this sh*t up).

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have mostly situational dreams. They are always set in a very baroque landscape and are usually void of people. Alpine settings & Scotland are popular. Architecture is usually a dominant feature. There is rarely a narrative, only slightly strange moods and abstract situations that shift quickly. Fairly sure I'm an SF in sleep.

Sounds pretty NTJ to me....

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This dessert only meal is a reoccuring theme in my dreams.

I am not obsessed with food or dessert in real life.

Ilah

Yeah....we belive ya ;)