Thread: Dream Thread

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    My little sister has similar, but not as often nor as intense. She can control her dreams or *pop* out when she gets scared. As you say elfie, she can also choose to go back to the dream wherever it left off or change it or leave it if it's too scary. I've never been able to do that !_!
    I can, it's a technique I use quite often, to avoid something horrible coming, because in dreams you know when something bad is going to happen, luckly I had the power to push stop, eject, and change the movie.
    But sometimes when attempting to change a dream I get stuck in the same damn dream over again, which blows.

Also my dreams seem to have a set continuity that they follow also, my dream school is placed beside a construction site which goes from being packed with workers to eeriely empty. My town is always dramtically different from where I actually live, save for the same denizens and some people I'm sure I've never met before. I live on an Island city that remains fundamentally unchanged night from night.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I hope this hasn't been asked. Do any of you guys "feel" in your dreams/lucid or otherwise? Sexual feelings to orgasms, pain to death, etc? And before I'm asked, Yes.
    Yes, this is blessing that makes more... sensual dreams that much more pleasurable. But have you ever had a dream of being stabbed?

Not fun.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I can sometimes feel in my dreams, I also smell and taste things aswell. But I can also look at a picture and "taste" or "feel" something in the picture. Like if I'm looking at the picture of water I can feel the water on me even though I'm dry and it's just a picture. Or a picture of cheesecake I can smell the cheese cake, then I start imaging the texture and taste. Sometimes I can't get a smell out of my head and no matter where I go I smell that smell even though no one else does.
    Now that is very interesting. I don't recall smells or tastes often in my dreams, I don't think. No, I'm fairly certain that's rare, if I do. But I get sensations plenty enough !_! Did you mean only in dreams, though? If not, then in RL, I can do the same with imagining things (Deja Vu whoa..).

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    But sometimes when attempting to change a dream I get stuck in the same damn dream over again, which blows.
    Sometimes I get the same dream, one after another, but something a bit off and I'll notice... but then new same dream!

Also my dreams seem to have a set continuity that they follow also, my dream school is placed beside a construction site which goes from being packed with workers to eeriely empty. My town is always dramtically different from where I actually live, save for the same denizens and some people I'm sure I've never met before. I live on an Island city that remains fundamentally unchanged night from night.
    Ooh, I don't get continuity as often. And if so, it's more of theme, than anything else..

Yes, this is blessing that makes more... sensual dreams that much more pleasurable. But have you ever had a dream of being stabbed?

Not fun.

I've had dreams of being shot (numerous places err body parts *sings* head shoulders feet and toes, feet and toeeeeessss), then died, felt the pain and awoke with the pain which lingers a long time. Stabbed, yes. Been crushed by people. Bitten, clawed. Um. All sorts of gruesome things that Demons or monsters might do. Hoards...

What's not fun is having multiple dream within dreams of jerking off, trying to jjerk desperately, only to wake up in each dream thinking that you've finally "gotten awoken" so that you can jerk off FINALLY...so that when you *really* wake up in *RL* and not another "fake RL dream", you find yourself trying to jerk off... and well you do (well, I do).

Not fun--

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    Freudian theory gives an answer to that, actually.

because for most humans, the physis force is so great, that even in the unconscious state, death is inacceptable.

That is why you wake up.

Even in dreams, the animal instinct is for life. It rejects death completely and utterly.

One who, in a falling dream, can die, is one who has given up on life.
    I've died in my dreams multiple times and continued the dream, but I wouldn't say I've given up on life.

-If anyone has had such a dream, i should like to know. Not dreams about heaven/meeting deceased loved ones, which are common, but has anyone ever dreamt of the exact transition between life and death? when you actually die? (it would completely contravene the life instinct to do so.)
    I've had a few dreams like this.

In the first, a man pullled me out of a window on a skywalk, (or whatever you call a bridge that connects two buildings), and I plummeted to my death. The sensation of falling was frighteningly real, and when I 'hit the ground' my vision went black. I could still think, but I was recieving no sense datum. I thought I had died, or was dying. After a moment, stalagtites and stalagmites of swirling color began to grow in my mental image. I thought to myself, "Oh #$%&!, I'm dead! What are these colors? This is the afterlife? WTF!" The spikes of colors continued to grow until they joined together into a unified mass of morphing colors. It was like the visuals you get on an acid trip, only x 1,000. Very slowly, the colors settled down into static shapes and I was in my room.

In the next I was an infantryman surrounded by the enemy in a wooded area. I took my sidearm out, ventilated a few of the badguys, and turned the weapon on myself rather than be taken alive. I stuck the barrel in my mouth and pulled the trigger, but I didn't die. I pulled the trigger twice more and the back of my head popped off like an over pressurized can of soda. I fell to the ground, numb and unable to move, but I could see. The enemy soldiers stood over me, spit on my face, and left. I still couldn't move, and time sped up, and day became night, and night day. Soon, ants and other bugs began to feast on my flesh, and I could feel them crawling all over me, in and out of my ears and nose, eating what remained of my head. I had to get away from the bugs, so I arose and began to wander through the woods, then through a desert, all the while a cloud of bugs following me; I was a walking bug buffet. I came to the edge of a city, climbed a wall into someone's backyard, and laid down next to their pool. A woman walked out of the house and when she saw me this look of horror came upon her. I got on my knees and begged her to let me stay in her yard, where it was clean, but she ran away. I fell back down and my vision turned red, with a picture of a large black bird in flight in the center. Then I woke up.

I've had a few more (the one where I was eaten alive by dogs was particularly gruesome.) But I think two is enough.

edit: has anyone ever had a lucid dream?
    I have. When I was in highschool I practiced inducing lucid states. I found I could float, and then fly, and lift things with my mind, or change the forms of things. It was fun, for a while. But I started to hear voices, sometimes they spoke to me, sometimes they would speak only to each other. At first they were friendly, they wanted me to "come with them", whatever that meant. I ignored them, and they grew hostile. Anyway, l started to lose control of these lucid states and they devolved into night terrors. So I stopped.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

What's not fun is having multiple dream within dreams of jerking off, trying to jjerk desperately, only to wake up in each dream thinking that you've finally "gotten awoken" so that you can jerk off FINALLY...so that when you *really* wake up in *RL* and not another "fake RL dream", you find yourself trying to jerk off... and well you do (well, I do).
    Not fun--
    I hope your sister was far, far, away, or maybe she wasn't.

I won't judge you. lie

The vicous cycle dream eh, those suck, it's a wonder I was frightened of falling asleep as a youngster.

I've been rejected in my own dreams numerous times, the most memoriable time, I woke and said to myself, "No panuche... not even in my own dreams?"

Dreams are a fun and scary thing, when I was younger with less understanding and more fear I prayed that I wouldn't dream, now I can't see my self being rid of them.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Normally I have very disturbing dreams (for some reason, disasters tend to be a common theme), but last night... well, I dreamed that I could no longer conjugate past tense verbs correctly.

And I think I actually know where that one comes from. That's the disturbing part...

MBTI
    yupp

Now that is very interesting. I don't recall smells or tastes often in my dreams, I don't think. No, I'm fairly certain that's rare, if I do. But I get sensations plenty enough !_! Did you mean only in dreams, though? If not, then in RL, I can do the same with imagining things (Deja Vu whoa..).
    both.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think Freud would enjoy this one:

I dreamed I really had to pee, but there was no bathroom. All there was available was a large commercial washer, so I climbed inside and used it. It then started up and was spinning with water coming in and lots of soap bubbles. I was trying to bang on the glass front to open the door or get someone to open it for me. I saw people outside through it, but I couldn't make a loud enough sound to attract attention. I felt trapped. Then the door opened and I fell out.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    infp

I was in the Tower of Babel. I don't know much about the Tower of Babel other than through studying Breugal's painting and a little bit from ancient history class. I just kind of "knew" it was the tower of babel. It was very modern though, it had a steel structure with glass windows and it went right up into the clouds. I looked out the window and saw a train fast approaching, and it leaped up and transformed into Megatron. I know Megatron isn't a train in the actual Transformers series, but in this dream I immediately knew it was him anyway. He began attacking the building, and I watch my friend go near the window and nearly get destroyed. I went down the elevator and woke up. I then said "what the fuck was that" and laughed. Awesome dream. What does it mean though?

I was in a parking lot and some kid tried to steal my CD's. I beat the shit out of the kid and headed for KFC (I never go to KFC in real life). Inside KFC I noticed it was not a KFC but an Aquarium themed taco store, so I left The scene then morphed into a movie theatre where there was a competition with a guitar-hero like game, except it was more like a shooting game where the control is an electric guitar (like a real guitar plugged into an amp ). I was doing well in the game and the audience enjoyed it, too. The final leg of the level had me shooting at pirates as they ran across the beach at me. The beach then faded into a ghetto neaborhood and the pirates into gangsters, and Nas was playing in the background. The lyrics were about how people in the ghetto are nobodies because there is no opportunity. Its weird because I'm not sure if what was playing is a real song or a song my mind created for the dream, because when I woke up and remembered it I didn't actually recognize the song, just Nas' voice. So I was driving in a car going by all these people bumme dout in the ghetto when I realized I was in Washington D.C. I saw some signs and subway stations I recognized from when I went to D.C. last summer, although the certainly were absolutely nothing like the real subway stations. I eventually stopped at the Foggy Bottom Station and saw that it was above ground but under some kind of hanger. The sky was very overcast and surrealistic. I saw a wicker staircase and proceeded to walk up it, but saw that it was a dead end and went back down. It had nothing supporting it. Then my parents were suddenly there and my dad commented on how te song made it seem like a bad city and I said that a lot of what it was saying was true and that it was a deep song. Then I woke up.

MBTI
    yupp

My dream was I was watching Battlestar Galactica but then it turned into a new series of Star Trek, and I remember thinking "Battlestar did this better" Then I was in Ventrillo and my eyes started feeling really dry and burny like.

I just remembered a Nightmare: My brother and his girlfriend were on their way to northern california and they were going through St.Louis (I don't think they would be going through St.Louis from New Orleans) Well anyways in my dream they were driving seperate cars and my brother's girlfriend gets into an accident and dies.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Default House Labyrinth

On three separate occasions, in the past 2 years or so, I’ve dreamt of being trapped in a house that doesn’t end. No matter where I go, everything is an endless arrangement of living spaces, dining rooms, bedrooms, washrooms, minimally adorned hallways, and staircases. With each dream in this location I usually encounter something really irksome or surreal before waking.

In the first, I managed to find an end of the house with a window, except it was pitch black outside. The second time I came to a really long staircase singled out from the rest of the labyrinth leading to a really long hallway with a door on the end, but when I walked towards it I got overwhelmed with an anxious terrible feeling the closer I got, so I ran from it. The third time I remember thinking “Oh geez, not another dream here.” And after pointlessly wandering around, I realized that there wasn’t any food and immediately felt starved. So I ran around urgently searching for a kitchen. It sounds corny, but the starving feeling was almost actual pain.

These dreams freaked me out because the mood was always unpleasant, the atmosphere soundless, and (don’t know why this scared me) I somehow knew that everything still worked despite there being no people (lights turned on and off, running water in bathrooms, etc). I haven’t put much effort into trying to interpret it because it could mean any number of things; maybe I just don’t like strange houses.

"A want fastened, wants annihilation."