User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Dream Thread

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    -what's the difference between jumping down and falling?
    Falling is a tragic accident, jumping down involves being bored at the top. But strangely I feel a form of pain when it happens.

has anyone ever had a lucid dream?
    Only almost. A friend told me to try to look at my hands when dreaming, and it works to an extent. My imagination couldn't get past sex though.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFJ

Chen: I've never seen that film before, I hear it's pretty good. Usually I just play in my lucid dreams (like walking on water, walls, flying, running on slim surfaces etc.). Some people get really good at it and create stuff and generally have more control.

Prpl: Gack. That's awful. Even if it's just a dream, people being overtly negative can make you feel bound at times.

Mort: *eyeroll* You're such a sexual predator.

-A
    "Je ne craignais pas de mourir
    Mais de mourir sans etre illumine."

"I was not afraid to die,
    But to die without being enlightened."

-Comte de Saint-Germain, La Tres Sainte-Trinisophie

I had a really weird dream before, and I guess I could say that it was a vivid dream for me.

A random asian guy in his mid-thirties was after me, from Japan. I've never seen him before. If I remember correctly he had a sly smile, but a memorable one. I saw him controlling fire with the candle. With his powers and manipulation he is a serial killer. Perhaps he was able to kill children before they fully developed their powers. Hmm, I guess he was sent here to eliminate children who had ability to control fire. Ironically, he has the same power as them. He spent his days practicing his art inside a dark room, which consisted of a desk, a CD case filled with CD's (the long one that stands up), with a lit candle. I could see how the house is set-up because of a tinted window with some sunlight seeping through. His house is around the farmlands, and no one really knows where he buried the children, but on the news they claimed that he was out on the loose. Somehow I was at that exact farmland, enjoying myself. Or I don't really know how I ended up there. Perhaps I was kidnapped from my home by that serial killer. A few old souls that are around didn't know about the serial killer I think. The next day, I had a feeling that he was after me. I decided to run away. The thing is, he had ability to speak telepathically, showing me what he was going to do. And I saw him kill an innocent person, who had ability to control fire. He told me I was next.

Desperate, I can't drive a car, so I decided to get something better than my legs, (which is running) I took a bicycle.
    I looked around for help, stopping at the nice old couple's house, insisting that I was in immediate danger, and asked for directions. They said they can't really do anything for me except to point to the nearest city, which is where my house is. I biked for 15 miles, but ended up at the parts of the city where I am not familiar with. Running around like a psychotic maniac, I found a random place with people around. Stores, restaurants, it was a busy street.
    It started raining from there. For some reason, I saw the psycho killer around. I hid at a restaurant, where I found my dad. I knew the killer knew where I was, I sneaked around the back and found my mom. We hugged. And the psycho killer stood before me.

That's how it ended.

MBTI
    intp

Has anybody used plants or substances to enhance their dreaming?
    voacognis africana?
    calea zacetechichi?<- on which I had the three most meaningful dreams of my life

melatonin, b6, folic acid, valerian?

Utilizing sleep creatively should be more highly prioritized than it typically is, don't you think?

MBTI
    type

Alchemist: yea. I usually let my dreams run. But if it gets too scary/disturbing, i'll 'step in' and alter the dream. Don't quite know how to say so, but yea, it can be done.

That wasn't quite the lucid dreaming i was talking about tho. perhaps i should have been more precise. i meant clairvoyant dreams. Where you dream of something that seems hyper real (different from normal dreams), and it happens in real life after. Has anyone had that?

Annuit. nopes. sometimes i use valerian to try to get to sleep. but it isn't for purposes of dream enhancement. if anything, i'd like to dream less.

Colour, or black and white? What do most of you dream in?
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

edit: has anyone ever had a lucid dream?
    In December of last I had a car accident that messed up my neck and lower back, Could never actually get to sleep until I was properly cared for, but I still dreamed, wide awake, keeping eyes on the clock my ceiling and such. These weren't the usual day dreams nor were these hallucinations, these were stoner visions, despite me never having taken any drugs, ever.

I argued with the WB frog, who somehow adopted the personality of the Cat from Alice in Wonderland. We fought over him being a possible racist. He told me riddles, which I don't understand why I couldn't figure them out as they were coming from my own mind. All this while I was awake, I kept track of time, I was laying in my Moms bed because it was more comfortable, this dream began around 9:50 and ended around 10:45.

This isn't the first time this has happened and wasn't even the last. It's one I remember well, because of the ridiculous amount of pain I was in at the time.

MBTI
    yupp

So I had this dream in finland january 2007 their's two parts the first part was Obama got elected as president, and the first few months everything was fine but on March 25th 2009 he got assasainated. The next part of my dream took place in October of 2010 and it was Chicago being bombed, I can't remember by who. But it was the official beginning of War World 3 but the US had to pull out early on because we spent all we could for military in Iraq. and so we had to meet demands of another country and it just kept getting worse and worse.

Those were actually nightmares.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

That wasn't quite the lucid dreaming i was talking about tho. perhaps i should have been more precise. i meant clairvoyant dreams. Where you dream of something that seems hyper real (different from normal dreams), and it happens in real life after. Has anyone had that?
    Yep, I've had that. For about a week once everytime I woke up I went 'ARRGH WEDNESDAY' and I had no idea why until someone I knew died the following wednesday. Oh, and a couple of months ago I dreamt that I missed the school bus on the way home because I went to go fetch my bag and the bus went even though I asked the bus driver to wait. In my dream I then found out that this was a good thing because something worrying/annoying was going to happen on the bus when we crossed a certain road. I had forgotten about this until the next day when I was sitting on the bus waiting for it to leave school and a kid a few years younger than me asked the bus driver to wait while he fetched something. The bus went off before he could get back on so then I thought '... hang on... oh sh*' and I was a bit nervous because I didn't know what was going to happen but as the bus pulled up to cross that bit of road it turned out that the bus driver was new and just didn't know which way to go
    I know it could all just be coincidence but I like to think that maybe it's not
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    Zzzz

Everything from dreams, prophetic dreams, lucid dreams, something not quite lucid (errrrr), astral projection/OBEs. Always almost vivid to all.

I can have about 6+ dreams a night, since early childhood. I remember a lot or can remember past ones if I think about them (they usually 'link up' that way). I used to have recurring dreams and especially recurring nightmares (one theme of which I've solved but I still get it and it sometimes comes as a non-threatening dream, likely to warn me. The other ongoing..). One of the first dream/nightmares I recall is from 6, of that theme I've solved, another one at age 2-3 (but I'm not sure if it was a dream or something else..) Sometimes they all mix up, dreams then lucids then OBEs or whathaveyou, in any order.

My little sister has similar, but not as often nor as intense. She can control her dreams or *pop* out when she gets scared. As you say elfie, she can also choose to go back to the dream wherever it left off or change it or leave it. I've never been able to do that !_!

We also have had nightmares or Sleep Paralysis attacks and awoke at the same time to call out or visit the other to discuss. Or we found out the next day etc. And my mom will have dreams of warning regarding us, usually. One she had Saturday night of my sis, the next day turns out sis was sick (I had a 'flash' about her and of my best/f on Saturday but eh @_@ and both turned out to be sick. Best/f in Emerg, sis to doc and she stayed home all week !_!) z.z

I found this odd but with days after joining MBTIc, I began dreaming of interacting with people through "posts". All I would see was the site and post after post b/w myself and others. People I hadn't interacted with yet, such as ygolo and Dana (of the early ones). Kiddo as well. I forget who else. I've pretty much stopped now. But it used to be EVERY NIGHT nonstop. I'm sure my subconscious was warning me that I was overloading myself with the site lol (post count post count...).

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I hope this hasn't been asked. Do any of you guys "feel" or get sensations in your dreams/lucid or otherwise? Sexual sensations to orgasms, pain to death, etc? And before I'm asked, Yes.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    I haven't read through the whole thread, so I hope this hasn't been asked. Do any of you guys "feel" in your dreams/lucid or otherwise? Sexual feelings to orgasms, pain to death, etc? And before I'm asked, Yes.

I can sometimes feel in my dreams, I also smell and taste things aswell. But I can also look at a picture and "taste" or "feel" something in the picture. Like if I'm looking at the picture of water I can feel the water on me even though I'm dry and it's just a picture. Or a picture of cheesecake I can smell the cheese cake, then I start imaging the texture and taste. Sometimes I can't get a smell out of my head and no matter where I go I smell that smell even though no one else does.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so