User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 256

Thread: Dream Thread

  1. #231
    From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Had a ridiculously awesome time travel dream last night; it was the general theme of my dream. I didn't even need a time machine either, just thought about the time I wanted to travel to, and I was there. All of this took place in my house, and I went back to 1989. Everything in my house went back to the way it was then, except there were some things that vaguely resembled what it currently looks like in terms of furniture arrangement and lights. But the technology was different... no LCD TV sets... had the old CRT TV set in the family room, as well as the computers were set back to the bad old days of DOS... although the actual monitor looked 90s vintage. But the TV programming was clearly 80s. I saw a child in my dream that was me at 3 years old, and I interacted with her (puts a new definition to talking to yourself). Also heard the fire department's siren go out. I think this dream represents a couple things: pivotal year of my life, self-reflection, romanticizing the past, figuring out which decade/time frame represents me best, yearning to escape reality, and the fact that I relate to the pop culture of that time frame puts a great deal of stress on me today when pop culture is much different, and that my subconscious is bringing this to my attention... that perhaps I am struggling to find my identity in the current world because I feel a strong connection to music from the past which has colored my schema of the world, and the music of today doesn't match the way I view the world, the sounds don't sound like me, pretty much.

    Also had a secondary dream about going to a dining hall that had risers that had these trays of bagels, and I had picked up one, despite the fact that I was going to make sure I wasn't going to overindulge in the bagels... and I had wanted to get an egg bagel, but when I would get to the tray, the egg bagels would disappear, and nothing but egg residue would be left over. However, I still had a cinnamon raisin bagel coated with poppy seeds that I ate. I had wanted to avoid eating the poppy seed coated bagels because I didn't want to get accused of having consumed opiates. But I ate the poppy seed coated bagel anyway. Apparently bagels mean that a key element of your life is missing; and eggs have to do with coming out of your shell, being comfortable with who you are, feeling vulnerable, fertility, birth, and creative potential. Again... relates to the time travel concept, where I am searching to become comfortable with my own identity, especially when I feel that I don't fit in with the world, and yearn to be in some other time frame where I would feel more accepted.

    Sounds like a type 4 style dream if you ask me, LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  2. #232
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    I had a dream that my mother, my brother, and myself were at the ocean. They were in the water and I was standing on the dock. I was holding a glass of water and in the glass of water was a living fetus. I dropped the glass of water with the fetus and it landed in the water. It floated on top of the water and bobbed up and down for a while on the waves. Then my mom saw it and said "Don't do that!" (Meaning don't drop the fetus into the sea water, it will sink and die). Then we all swam out far into the ocean, all the while I was holding the glass of water with the fetus in it. Then we stopped and we were just sort of swimming in place. Then on whim I dropped the fetus again thinking that it floated last time why wouldn't it float this time. And then it rapidly sank into the depths of the ocean. I panicked for a second as I tried to decide what to do. Then I swam after it only it was sinking much faster than I could swim. As I swam deeper my surroundings got more and more dim/dark. Then off in the distance a bit but coming towards me was a giant shadow. I couldn't tell what it was. It could have been just a patch of sea weed but maybe it was a shark. Fearfully, I stopped swimming and stared at it for a second very aware of the fact that the longer I stopped the farther the fetus got from me. Then I started swimming down again for 2 or 3 seconds towards the fetus but became afraid of the giant shadow. Suddenly I turned around and swam back to the surface. I was overwhelmed with guilt for letting the fetus sink to the bottom of the ocean and angry at myself. Then I woke up (in real life not in the dream). It took me a while to shake off the feeling of guilt.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 01-17-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

  3. #233
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I had a dream that my mother, my brother, and myself were at the ocean. They were in the water and I was standing on the dock. I was holding a glass of water and in the glass of water was a living fetus. I dropped the glass of water with the fetus and it landed in the water. It floated on top of the water and bobbed up and down for a while on the waves. Then my mom saw it and said "Don't do that!" (Meaning don't drop the fetus into the sea water, it will sink and die). Then we we all swam out far into the ocean, all the while I was holding the glass of water with the fetus in it. Then we we stopped and we were just sort of swimming in place. Then on whim I dropped the fetus again thinking that it floated last time why wouldn't it float this time. And then it rapidly sank into the depths of the ocean. I panicked for a second as I tried to decide what to do. Then I swam after it only it was sinking much faster than I could swim. As I swam deeper my surroundings got more and more dim/dark. Then off in the distance a bit but coming towards me was a giant shadow. I couldn't tell what it was. It could have been just a patch of sea weed but maybe it was a shark. Fearfully, I stopped swimming and stared at it for a second very aware of the fact that the longer I stopped the farther the fetus got from me. Then I started swimming down again for 2 or 3 seconds towards the fetus but became afraid of the giant shadow. Suddenly I turned around and swam back to the surface. I was overwhelmed with guilt for letting the fetus sink to the bottom of the ocean and angry at myself. Then I woke up (in real life not in the dream). It took me a while to shake off the feeling of guilt.
    Sounds like you're letting your emotions get in the way of your progress or creativity, as well as the fact that it sounds like you've got some aspects of self you aren't acknowledging... aka... your shadow self.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  4. #234
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Sounds like you're letting your emotions get in the way of your progress or creativity, as well as the fact that it sounds like you've got some aspects of self you aren't acknowledging... aka... your shadow self.
    I told my brother about this dream and his interpretation was very similar to yours. He said that the fetus represented something unborn...something that hasn't come to pass yet...like some goal I'm striving towards in my future and that I'm not going after it out of fear. He said a little more than that only I can't remember everything he said. He mentioned something about the fact that I didn't know what the shadow was and about how I was afraid of it even though it could have only been sea weed.

    I like your guys' interpretations.

    I have to add though that I have a lot of dreams where I let a small being die and then feel tremendously guilty.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

  5. #235
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I told my brother about this dream and his interpretation was very similar to yours. He said that the fetus represented something unborn...something that hasn't come to pass yet...like some goal I'm striving towards in my future and that I'm not going after it out of fear. He said a little more than that only I can't remember everything he said. He mentioned something about the fact that I didn't know what the shadow was and about how I was afraid of it even though it could have only been sea weed.

    I like your guys' interpretations.

    I have to add though that I have a lot of dreams where I let a small being die and then feel tremendously guilty.
    haha. agreed with your brother.

    take your emotions in your dream into consideration with the symbolism, as well. it's interesting that it's a repeating theme. my guess is that this has been a repeated theme of your waking life, as well.... letting your emotions take over you, your feelings of guilt, and not facing some aspect of yourself that needs to be faced. you should meditate on those.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  6. #236
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    haha. agreed with your brother.

    take your emotions in your dream into consideration with the symbolism, as well. it's interesting that it's a repeating theme. my guess is that this has been a repeated theme of your waking life, as well.... letting your emotions take over you, your feelings of guilt, and not facing some aspect of yourself that needs to be faced. you should meditate on those.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

  7. #237
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    You know when you're shocked out of a dream into a non-dream state, tho not necessarily awake, only to fall back into something far richer?

    That happened early, early this morning inside some extensive, made-up house, workers abound. This was another of those

    "I'm searching for something or someone without knowing what or who or _______"

    My two aunts who live together, at ages 50 and 64, respectively, decided to buy four young, tame female lions because

    "Expected lifespan is 30 to 40 years and we're tired of having to bury our dogs."

    thinking of you

  8. #238
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    You know when you're shocked out of a dream into a non-dream state, tho not necessarily awake, only to fall back into something far richer?

    That happened early, early this morning inside some extensive, made-up house, workers abound. This was another of those

    "I'm searching for something or someone without knowing what or who or _______"

    My two aunts who live together, at ages 50 and 64, respectively, decided to buy four young, tame female lions because

    "Expected lifespan is 30 to 40 years and we're tired of having to bury our dogs."
    lol
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

  9. #239
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    I had crazy dream this morning. Aliens came to earth to search for two people, I was one of the chosen ones lol. They were shape shifters....from human to alien to black crow. The alien touched my head and I experienced a DMT trip, I also remember trying to open the back door and a crow in the parking lot stared me down, it gave me super powers so I was able to teleport through the door. Weird...

  10. #240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I was kneeling on the ground in the road behind a car where I was doing chest compressions on a man laying there. I couldn't see his face because another (faceless) man was bent over him administering mouth to mouth. At some point I looked up to see a man standing next to the road just looking at us. I yelled at him to "call 911", then went back to the CPR. Just after this, the man who was doing the mouth to mouth backed away for a second. It was at that time that I realized that the man I saw standing at the side of the road was the same one laying on the ground, the one I was trying to save.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP Positivity and Lets make our dreams come true thread!
    By another_six in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 05:00 PM
  2. The weird dreams thread
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
  3. dream anaylist thread
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO