User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Thread: Dream Thread

You guys have some interesting dreams!

In my dreams I've almost always done something wrong. Killed someone or robbed some place sometimes cheated at something and the dream is pretty much about the chase. Usually the cops are after me.

I read something about the chase meaning feeling pressure to perform or something like that I can't remember.

MBTI
    INFP

I haven't had a "guilty" dream in a long time but I remember how real those were.

Those recurring theme dreams seem pretty urgent to me and I remember several I've had for years at a time.

I haven't had a nightmare in decades. But recently a family member was put on life support and I had nightmares about four nights in a row. Can't remember a single one of them.

So, wolfy, you look some Sisyphean tonight. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

I had a dream last night in which my mother died and I moved back to my hometown to live with my dad. In the dream, it felt like a mutually beneficial move...he had companionship and I had a solution to my financial problems. Disturbingly, it almost felt like a fantasy instead of a nightmare.

I've been beginning to ponder a total life and career change that starts with moving back to my hometown, so I understand that part of the dream. But the other part has me baffled.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I haven't had a "guilty" dream in a long time but I remember how real those were.

Those recurring theme dreams seem pretty urgent to me and I remember several I've had for years at a time.

I haven't had a nightmare in decades. But recently a family member was put on life support and I had nightmares about four nights in a row. Can't remember a single one of them.

So, wolfy, you look some Sisyphean tonight. . .
    Did you mean my dream was Sisyphean? Or daily grind caused the dream?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Did you mean my dream was Sisyphean? Or daily grind caused the dream?
    I meant that I thought you were carrying that rock to the base of a mountain!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I posted some of this in another thread a while back --

Themes that tend to be recurring:

*I'm running away from a 'bad guy' who is out to get me, or who is trying to kill me or be violent towards me. I think I've always escaped (although one time I don't think I did?), and I tend to get the dreams when I'm stressed out, or having an interpersonal dilemna/conflict with someone. Maybe more specifically, when I feel like I'm losing control of things.

(I don't recall ever provoking anyone or committing a crime or anything -- it's like the dreams begin with people going after me, and I'm always running through neighborhoods, or landscapes, etc, going under bridges, climbing over fences, hiding out in bushes, whatever....)

I don't consider them nightmares, though -- it's kind of weird. Maybe because I'm lucid and am somewhat aware that I'm dreaming? Or that I believe I'll always escape??

*My favorite dreams are when I fly and hover over the landscape, although I haven't had one of those for quite a while.

*I've also had tornado dreams on several occasions, but again, they aren't exactly nightmares. A tornado, or a series of tornadoes (think X-men, with all of those tornadoes spiralling down), are spinning towards the city, and I'm watching from above/afar, but I always get away or simply watch things get destroyed around me.

*And it hasn't happened for a while, but occasionally I have narration dreams, where I'm narrating what's going on - like more of a stream-of-consciousness type thing, like I'm writing a story.

*My most vivid dream - and the only of its kind - was when I was a kid, and it was a narration-type thing, with an outside voice (like a voiceover in movies or tv shows) but I was also high above, looking down at a scene unfolding..and it was of the Earth having been destroyed - like a futuristic scene or something. But it wasn't live-action, it was more a camera panning in on things, taking a snapshot of an instant in the future. Very bizarre, but I remember waking up feeling chilled to the bone. Because it was kind of an apocalypse-now type thing -- and I remember everything was in black and white. The only living things were ravens..or crows...

(I've written about this specific dream elsewhere on the forum - it just had a powerful impact on me, and it was basically about various societies of organisms competing and killing other species off out of their own self interest)

*I also experience my senses in my dreams -- I can feel things (which can be super good, depending on the dream...if you catch my drift), taste things, etc.

Negative aspect of this is I've had a few dreams where I've been completely unable to control my movements -- think completely drunk/wasted, falling around a toilet, unable to get up or walk straight or walk fast -- like slow motion, blurry vision...exceedingly unpleasant dreams.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I meant that I thought you were carrying that rock to the base of a mountain!
    The struggle itself...is enough to fill a man's heart.
    Albert Camus
    The Myth of Sisyphus

MBTI
    infp

I dreamt I was building a wall last night, not a really big wall but about waist high, red brick.

It was very monotonous, cement, brick, cement, brick. I had no idea why I was building a wall, just that I was and that it was important.

Got to say, that is beyond doubt my most baffling dream of the year.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

See, I ALWAYS dream. I know I do.. I can almost always remember that much. I don't always remember them, whether at all or when I wake up the details immediately fade.. and sometimes I remember them like they were memories of actual occurrences, vivid and realistic feeling. It's very rare for my mind to just relax long enough to have a simple, blank black sleep.

Lately though, I've been having very off the wall dreams, which I wake up feeling something moreless than actually remembering what I dreamt about. Taking last night for example, I had something of a dream involving the brothers I always hang out with, the Ren Fest, and something else entirely.. although I Don't remember anything else at all, I was left with this feeling that these people were loyal friends to me, and that I was content and happy. A bit odd, yes?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

A recent dream I had was about my father leaving my step-mother and admitting he was just using her or something. It was really emotional in the dream, I remember crying and crying and feeling so betrayed while he tried to convince me he was still a good guy. I really felt that dream...

After that I had a dream about going to church for the first time in ages. It was boring, but I wonder if it meant anything.