First 1234 Last

Thread: Your Own Voice

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So take your first hesitant step now, never write about anything, rather fully live your writing and your writing will be fully alive.
    This remind me this quote: "Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart" by William Wordsworth.

Superb thread.

The normal voice is for those who have not yet discovered their own voice. So they must speak like everyone else. The normal voice is voice you are having when you are not having your own voice.
    Well, the first thing is knowing others have discovered their own voices and so it is possible for us too.

Perhaps the second thing is to read those who speak in their own voice. But how will we recognise them? Well, we will probably fall in love with them.

At first we will be tempted to imitate them, and perhaps we will for a while, but after a while we will be tempted to cut our heart on the high seas and set sail in our own barque.
    Could being immersed in reading others obstruct finding one's voice, though? I believe in finding ones own voice especially with the help of sustained concentration in writing. But lately I've been pondering the role solitude plays in that process. And in my own life.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I can see two dangers. You will keep on looking rather than doing it now. And the second danger is that you will write about it rather than writing it.

If you start now, you will be awkward and embarrassed like a goony bird trying to take off. But every hesitant step you take will teach you something about yourself.

And it is a real trap to write about something, rather you should be something, you should be something in your writing. If you have the courage to fully imagine something, your readers will be able to imagine it too.

So take your first hesitant step now, never write about anything, rather fully live your writing and your writing will be fully alive.
    I've become aware of a fear trying to do it the way you tell me. It would make me slightly nervous and before I would finish what I'd write I'd retreat using the simple backspace key. And I've tried a few more times but it seems I might have to take this within the smallest steps and give out little by little like entering a cold swimming pool with a larger abundance of small sufferings over time then with one big cold jump.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

But I don't have just one or two voices, I have hundreds of different voices. Every moment calls for a slightly different tone. Then is it my own voice to have so many voices? Does my own voice have to stick to being any one thing?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I am afraid my Own Voice would be deemed Normal Voice by those who think Own Voice must be of a limited range of actualization/embodiment/expression.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Smile My swimming pool

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I've become aware of a fear trying to do it the way you tell me. It would make me slightly nervous and before I would finish what I'd write I'd retreat using the simple backspace key. And I've tried a few more times but it seems I might have to take this within the smallest steps and give out little by little like entering a cold swimming pool with a larger abundance of small sufferings over time then with one big cold jump.
    This is my swmming pool and I always enter step by step -

http://www.frothers.com.au/gallery.php?id=33&pagenum=2

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

This is my swmming pool and I always enter step by step -

http://www.frothers.com.au/gallery.php?id=33&pagenum=2
    Your swimming pool is lovely. It looks like a lot of fun.

My Library

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Your swimming pool is lovely. It looks like a lot of fun.
    This is my library and I always approach it step by step -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1jg03cFmrI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I should try doing a Victor voice.. I wonder what kinds of things I would type. Oh the things I could be, but what would I be? The Victor voice shapes those around it into its own conception, it corrals and it shepherds like herdsman with giant soft nerf bats. It doesn't listen, it tells as it enfolds and encapsulates and warmly stifles. I can feel why someone would want to use the Victor voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I should try doing a Victor voice.. I wonder what kinds of things I would type. Oh the things I could be, but what would I be? The Victor voice shapes those around it into its own conception, it corrals and it shepherds like herdsman with giant soft nerf bats. It doesn't listen, it tells as it enfolds and encapsulates and warmly stifles. I can feel why someone would want to use the Victor voice.
    Particularly Victor.