• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Abuse

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This made me question my type.

I'd say as a kid (6 years and below) I did have a bit of "abuse" I guess; I don't know to call it abuse or discipline, since asian parents are the type to beat up their kids to "be good". For the most part I was taken care of by babysitters and/or left alone. I was staying home alone when I was 3 or 4 years old.

When I was 8 onwards then the abuse started to happen. I won't go into details here but over time it has made me more defiant and aggressive. I decided that I am not going to let anyone assert control over me because I have been pushed around way too much. As a kid, well, it just got you beaten up even more.

I think it's because I don't fit the definition of a good kid because I would abuse my brother and fight back to my parents. I did not know why exactly, but I do know that I did not like what I see; preferential treatment given to the other, hence I felt as though my abuse was justified.

Now as I have grown I have become a lot more assertive than I used to be as a kid; they'd push me around and I was a sensitive kid -- but tears did nothing to solve the problem. I just sucked it up and fight back. My temper has decreased since turning 15 and, well, I don't know. My family members know when I am angry and will stay clear if they don't want to get hurt. This happens at a much lesser frequency than it used to be because I have channeled my frustration to tumblr and I keep doing what I enjoy doing: class.

I think that sounds ESxP, fighting back and abusing your brother instead of being a "good kid."

I'm just saying as an ExFP I became a lot less passive than I think I would have been if I had been IxFP or ISFJ. It may even indicate that I definitely am ESFP.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that sounds ESxP, fighting back and abusing your brother instead of being a "good kid."

I'm just saying as an ExFP I became a lot less passive than I think I would have been if I had been IxFP or ISFJ. It may even indicate that I definitely am ESFP.

Hmm. I'm an ESFP too, but I don't relate. I was never violent or a bully, I just grew up to scoff at authority and just step over any fuckers in my way so I could do my own thing. It caused me to not tolerate mistreatment - ever. The minute I sense I'm being disrespected, I walk. Just not having it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm. I'm an ESFP too, but I don't relate. I was never violent or a bully, I just grew up to scoff at authority and just step over any fuckers in my way so I could do my own thing. It caused me to not tolerate mistreatment - ever. The minute I sense I'm being disrespected, I walk. Just not having it.

But were you abused?

I wasn't ever a bully, either. I relate to what you're saying.

I'm saying that an ESxP could become that way because of being violently abused themselves. An ESTP perhaps even more so than ESFP, but I don't want to suggest that ESFP's couldn't, because Se/Te can be really...over the top.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But were you abused?

I wasn't ever a bully, either. I relate to what you're saying.

I'm saying that an ESxP could become that way because of being violently abused themselves. An ESTP perhaps even more so than ESFP, but I don't want to suggest that ESFP's couldn't, because Se/Te can be really...over the top.

Yes. I mean, I was never beaten all day long with a garden rake or anything, but yes.

Described it in the last page (or 2 pgs back, too lazy to quote myself. :lol:

Maybe it's also enneagram related too, since it looks like you described yourself as more feisty. Cp 6?

Shade

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So then if you do nothing and are super-passive (other than developing a pathological affinity for lying) when you are abused, what personality type does that make you?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes. I mean, I was never beaten all day long with a garden rake or anything, but yes.

Described it in the last page (or 2 pgs back, too lazy to quote myself. :lol:

Maybe it's also enneagram related too, since it looks like you described yourself as more feisty. Cp 6?

I think you and I just have different defense mechanisms, which could have to do with enneagram...or you being ESTP rather than ESFP...or any number of things...because I seem to recall your blatant disregard for telling one of your exes you were leaving the country for two weeks with a guy friend and seemed quite amused with his distress, and um...I would never do that. I consider that pretty nasty, to be perfectly honest with you.

But then again, I'll yell at people, and yes I'm feisty. I have hit people before, but in my teens primarily.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So then if you do nothing and are super-passive (other than developing a pathological affinity for lying) when you are abused, what personality type does that make you?

...I think uber passive people are usually in introverted function loops, I would guess IxxP or ISFJ. Maybe.