• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To NOT offend people

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I don't know well my friend's new friend, but he seems very shy and kind because (I believe...) he doesn't want to offend or upset people. For example, often he doesn't speak his mind, also in very little things (his opinion about a movie for example) because he fears people don't agreed or get upset.

For what I've seen (and what I know about personality behaviour) he gives me the impression that everything he does/talks with others, he thinks: "What people will think of me? Will they get upset? Will I do bad impression?" So he is always silent or accomodating, at least with people he doesn't know well...

I am interested by that.
I think it's mainly a Jung Feeling function issue. But Fi or Fe?
And in the first/second function or tertiary/fourth goes "wrong"?
What do you think?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe
Fi doesn't give a shit about if it offends people or not. usually it just doesn't and is easy to get along with

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Interesting...
So, for example, an IxTP (last Fe) or an ExTP (tertiary Fe) could fall in that behaviour without being properly a Feeler? Sound odd, especially the latter...
Or do you mean Fe only in dom. and aux. functions, IxFJ and ExFJ?

btw... I've noticed that behaviour also in one ISFP I know (Fi dom).
Maybe it's more about strong introversion?
Thanks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
to the OP: you're friend is like me, I keep lots to myself out of fear of offending someone and I'm Fi dom but I can see why Fe doms would have the same thing happens for different reason.

gromit

likes this
Malcontent, I have a friend like that, I sometimes have to be almost forceful to get him to say what he wants. Or say "I REALLY DO NOT CARE WHICH OF THESE TWO, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE" because otherwise I feel like I'm being super bossy or something. But then that is kind of bossing him into expressing his opinion... haha.

I'm sometimes kind of accommodating like that, but not like your friend's friend or my friend I described. But if I do no have a strong opinion about something I would rather things be smooth and easy than force my opinion on people.

Fi doesn't give a shit about if it offends people or not. usually it just doesn't and is easy to get along with

I think it just depends if the Fi-user values other peoples opinions or not.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
OK thanks.
But now I have to understand better the Fi/Fe dynamic...
If a Fi-user has for personal beliefs to act in a Fe way, how can someone distinguish which funtion that person uses?!
There's a similar thread? I'll search...

gromit

likes this
OK thanks.
But now I have to understand better the Fi/Fe dynamic...
If a Fi-user has for personal beliefs to act in a Fe way, how can someone distinguish which funtion that person uses?!
There's a similar thread? I'll search...

Good luck trying to understand the difference between those two. There are like a billion of threads discussing Fe-Fi, and they are pretty confusing...

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good luck trying to understand the difference between those two. There are like a billion of threads discussing Fe-Fi, and they are pretty confusing...

And many of them usually just end up bickering.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I won't say anything more about cognitive functions since I am an Fe hater :laugh: but
but it could also have a lot to do with enneagram (2, 6 and 9) and instinct stackings (So types. Sp/Sx usually won't give a damn)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe

But I do... :(

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe would only care about the opinions of people/maintaining harmony of who they deem close to them. They are equally as susceptible of picking fights with other Fe users that don't share the same group vision.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that Fe users act based on how they feel about something, making judgments based on their emotions....

Fe users don't always play nice!!!! We can be very blunt when we feel really strongly about something :), hella emo.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
And many of them usually just end up bickering.

AND THEN just when you think you have a slight grasp on the differences.. some INTP will come along and try to explain how NeFi can APPEAR as Fe behavior, and NiFE can APPEAR as Fi behavior..

=)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
AND THEN just when you think you have a slight grasp on the differences.. some INTP will come along and try to explain how NeFi can APPEAR as Fe behavior, and NiFE can APPEAR as Fi behavior..

=)

Or how FiTe is pseudo-Fe and how FeTi might be psuedo-Fi?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Or how FiTe is pseudo-Fe and how FeTi might be Psuedo-Fi?

Yup. And then you come to realize that the only way you will ever know without a shadow of a doubt who is what and which is who, is by hiring a litte micrscopic man with a little microscopic camera to dive into your nostrel and hike up to your brain cavity so he can take pictures of which brain machines kick on when you think, feel, and behave. And even when the pictures are developed.. there's always a chance that the little man really works for socionics incorporated and just photo shopped them

=)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Fe
Functions don't give a shit by definition. An abstract conceptualisation of a human mental process is not capable of manure-donation. It's people, who "have" the functions, who award the excrement (or not, as the case may be).

Yup. And then you come to realize that the only way you will ever know without a shadow of a doubt who is what and which is who, is by hiring a litte micrscopic man with a little microscopic camera to dive into your nostrel and hike up to your brain cavity so he can take pictures of which brain machines kick on when you think, feel, and behave. And even when the pictures are developed.. there's always a chance that the little man really works for socionics incorporated and just photo shopped them

=)
This may be so, but things like Ne dominance are very easy to recognise. Your post, for instance, is awesomely full of it. :)

G

Ginkgo

Functions don't give a shit by definition. An abstract conceptualisation of a human mental process is not capable of manure-donation. It's people, who "have" the functions, who award the excrement (or not, as the case may be).

This may be so, but things like Ne dominance are very easy to recognise. Your post, for instance, is awesomely full of it. :)

I skimmed reading "manure" and "full of it".

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I used to be just like that until I realized how annoying it is when other people are like that.

rav3n

Fe uses external measurements and Fi uses internal measurements to subjectively decision make using values to compare against. How each function translates to behaviours will vary per individual, although with some individuals, certain functions appear to translate to similar behaviours.

As an example of such, most NTJs appear to be less concerned about external measurements to subjectively decision make than Fe users but INTJs are more prone to subjectively decision make using internal values than ENTJs.