User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I dunno, I suppose in a general sense what's being described is more stereotypically Fe, as Fe is about taking the other person into account and adapting to that moreso than feeling the need to convey own viewpoint/self.

But on the other hand, Fi users who VALUE not offending others or VALUE being diplomatic and not ruffling feathers would be just the same. I know my INTJ boyfriend values being respectful to people and diplomacy...but this is probably different than worrying about offending. And it probably goes beyond him purely valuing it - he probably also doesn't think to be otherwise is to effectively navigate the world, accomplish things, and deal with people. And I think in many cases he would be bothered if he offended someone and hadn't intended to/it was a result of miscommunication - and he'd try to resolve that.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

people who worry about offending people are weak and afraid to voice their opinions and convictions. real adults do what they have to do and say what they need to say. trying to twist and polish the truth only leads to delay in progress and energy drain.

if someone else is offended by an honest opinion, it's there fault for being ignorant and not being willing to listen, communicate or, most importantly, THINK. people who are easily offended are such because being offended gives them an inflated sense of self importance, false superiority and a false sense of purpose. they are nothing but ignorant social leeches and ego maniacs who get in everyone's way and produce nothing but a cynical atmosphere and glorified pissing contests. over and out.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

I don't see a discernible distinction between deciding if someone is worrying about offending others or simply just wants to go with the flow or is not sure they care to have an opinion or really care to have to defend a position; sometimes it's just more pleasant this way.

That said, I think introverted perceivers (Ni,Si doms) and Fi and Ti doms prefer not to offend people. Although they will (speak up)/(act out) when something concerns them. I guess i just mentioned all the introverts. But extroverts don't seem to value peace as much.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I don't see a discernible distinction between deciding if someone is worrying about offending others or simply just wants to go with the flow or is not sure they care to have an opinion or really care to have to defend a position; sometimes it's just more pleasant this way.

That said, I think introverted perceivers (Ni,Si doms) and Fi and Ti doms prefer not to offend people. Although they will (speak up)/(act out) when something concerns them. I guess i just mentioned all the introverts. But extroverts don't seem to value peace as much.
    I value real peace. if there is an issue disturbing the peace, I prefer it be brought up and dealt with for the sake of real enjoyment, harmony and peace of mind
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I value real peace. if there is an issue disturbing the peace, I prefer it be brought up and dealt with for the sake of real enjoyment, harmony and peace of mind
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe I didn't use the right words. I'm not sure what the right words would be now. I'm thinking maybe it's easier to say a philosophical abstraction of not deliberately intending or wanting to induce direct change in the environment, instead of peace, but then there are other aspects of the philosophy of the types that doesn't make that fit nicely.

Oh well, nevermind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What's wrong with not wanting to offend or upset people anyway? Some people are just easy-going. Some people just don't want to pick fights unnecessarily. But, yes, I think there's a distinction between choosing to be nice and being nice out of insecurity.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    What's wrong with not wanting to offend or upset people anyway? Some people are just easy-going. Some people just don't want to pick fights unnecessarily. But, yes, I think there's a distinction between choosing to be nice and being nice out of insecurity.
    I'm talking about people who are agreeable out of insecurity, unwillingness to face problems and spending all their energy thinking about how other people feel. people like this are weak
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    abcd

I'm talking about people who are agreeable out of insecurity, unwillingness to face problems and spending all their energy thinking about how other people feel. people like this are weak
    I can agree.
    But, finally, those people who are agreeable out of insecurity have a most common type? For example IxxP or IxFx?
    Or could only be social anxiety/shame not type-related?
    What in your opinion?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Fe
    Fi doesn't give a shit about if it offends people or not. usually it just doesn't and is easy to get along with
    That's not really true. At least not for preferred Fi. Tertiary or inferior Fi might come off that way sometimes, because it's backing Te.

Fi is just an internal standard for personal or interpersonal considerations, and it's the "personal/interpersonal" part of it that would make it not want to offend. The internal part of it might be what goes against public consensus, but that would likely be for some greater interpersonal good.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas