User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Organize?!?

umm... I kind of tend to drop things in places where I used them last
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    istp

isn't Te the CP used for systemization?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Mostly yeah. Thinking in general, but subjective Ti, of course is ever evolving, and therefore unsure of itself in the unchanging, unyielding object world. If more information comes in, Ti has to mend the formulation.

Once the individual is comfortable with what Ti comes up with though, it's perfectly reasonable that it's applied out here, but until then it remains inside, incessantly formulating/systematizing.

Most commonly, it's found in legal documents -- which are still mostly subjective, but it's not unheard of for a TP to 'get organized' or get their shit together.

Same things apply with planning.

I haven't seen whether or not the E_TPs or I_TPs are particularly more apt or inclined toward applying their logic.
    we fukin won boys

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Organize?!?
    I go about organizing too for stuff that's done for the sake of organizing

But, I'm thinking of any information management that lets me remember most of everything in a way that's efficient to me.

I think I keep all my meetings in head and calendar, but I forgot most of the creative and technical inspirations I get I forget my personal decisions too, even if they would be so useful and good to remember.

As I now forget most of the ideas I should remember, I'll save time by storing and finding then later, when needed Sadly, none of my information keeping systems so far have kept up with my needs of flexibility and the amount of information produced

Oh I'm expecting so much from that new Mediawiki I installed.

--

And btw, I am sure it is much more difficult to sort the information to support artistic and technical development compared to what it is to store some regular data of a known form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do a little bit of everything and just sort of adapt as I go. I tend to rely mostly on instincts and memory.

What kind of information are you trying to keep track of? How much of what you record do you actually use?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    What kind of information are you trying to keep track of? How much of what you record do you actually use?
    Hmm, there's some vague categories I can describe. Plans about life, creative ideas and practical matters. They kind of merge sometimes.

Plans about life:
    I usually formulate these as projects and they become practical matters, too. Sometimes it's in essay form, and becomes more creative.

For example, the project of getting a job.
    -doing self-analysis of my skills
    -mock interview with a friend, and feedback on my interview performance
    -company data
    -analysis of different job requirements
    -some essay about the process
    -different versions of job application
    -chart of companies I've applied in with all the contact data

That's one project. I might do a project on getting to good shape, altering my diet, making some creative work done, learning a skill, earning some amount of money by some deadline, etc.

Creative ideas:
    Usually in the field of interior design, visual arts, design, software engineering.

For example, one product development phase included
    -dozens of developmental memos
    -several mind maps, flow charts and such
    -comparison of hardware
    -market research data
    -advertisement material, text and hundreds of pictures
    ... and 10 other categories of info.

Other creative idea would be to plan how to sell art, what kind of a painting to paint next, self-reflective essays about life, diary, etc..

Practical matters:
    Assortment of info to get myself through my everyday needs.

-To-do lists on simple matters
    -financial plans
    -calendar
    -following up my life plans, if they included something measurable.. like distance run, amount / type of foods eaten, etc..

EDIT: there's such a volume of data generated, that I forget the location of perhaps half the documents I write in about a week. I'd need to find my ideas easier, so that I wouldn't duplicate my work. I think I have something like a 100% recovery rate on important documents, 70-80% on mid-level, and 50% on low-importance documents.

I'd still like to find the least important stuff I write.

Edit 2: I can find the important documents I've written, but sometimes I lose important papers I've received. I should file them well, too, but there's hundreds of them, dispersed in about 6 feets of files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I have 5 planners that looked like a good idea on the store shelf... now they're on mine collecting dust. I think I resent them. To do list is on the fridge... items on it are what I could still remember by the time I got there.

MBTI
    ENTP

Most things I drop where I put them last.

My school things all go into an expandable folder, although it gets really heavy every now and then. I never get around to emptying it.

On the computer, I dump stuff in folders, with some element of randomness. I also have an extremely long and semi-organized list of webpage bookmarks, which work well.

I'd have major trouble if I had many things to keep track of though ^.^
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

when I HAVE to remember stuff I either program it into my phone and hope that I have the ringer set to on, or I write it on my hand. The best plan is usually to tell my ESFJ friend though- she's good about either calling and reminding me or coming by my house to retreive me!

Things though, I just have to rely on remembering where I used them last and looking there
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Organize?!?

umm... I kind of tend to drop things in places where I used them last
    Same here. I count on being able to remember everything I need to, or remember that there's something I need to remember and where to go to get it. For instance, if I get invited to something (call it X) a month ahead of time, there's only a fair chance that I'll remember the time and place. But there's a very good chance that I'll remember that I'm planning to do X within a few weeks, and that I know that I received an email from Y giving me the details.

At work I just have a ton of various notepads and loose paper spread out all over my desk - with the assumption that I'll remember what the piece of paper with any given bit of information on it looks like (yellow, lined, a piece taken out of the top right corner, etc.) I'm certainly not perfect at remembering all of that (I wind up shuffling through the piles once or twice a week), but it works okay, and as the more something requires formal organization, the less likely I am to do it, it's probably for the best .

Information-wise, Google is my friend.