• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ecstasy and Natural Selection

Mole

Permabanned
Ecstasy is in every moment so we only have to attend to the moment to find ecstasy.

And its easy, all we need to know is where we are now, and that we want to go to ecstasy, and our mind will automatically find the shortest route.

Yes, natural selection has selected our mind to find the shortest route between our hunger and food, between our lust and sex, between ignorance and knowledge, and between the taken-for-granted and ecstasy.

But some of us are so damaged that ecstasy is too painful to bear. So we can find an ersatz ecstasy in the ekstasi pill.

On the other hand natural selection has selected us to find the shortest distance between damage and therapy.

There is no need for us to remain damaged, with the only way to show we are damaged by damaging others. Instead we can set our sights on therapy and then ecstasy awaits.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're really trying to do good here aren't you Victor? You're trying to help people.

:hug:

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Ecstasy is in every moment so we only have to attend to the moment to find ecstasy.

And its easy, all we need to know is where we are now, and that we want to go to ecstasy, and our mind will automatically find the shortest route.

Yes, natural selection has selected our mind to find the shortest route between our hunger and food, between our lust and sex, between ignorance and knowledge, and between the taken-for-granted and ecstasy.

But some of us are so damaged that ecstasy is too painful to bear. So we can find an ersatz ecstasy in the ekstasi pill.

On the other hand natural selection has selected us to find the shortest distance between damage and therapy.

There is no need for us to remain damaged, with the only way to show we are damaged by damaging others. Instead we can set our sights on therapy and then ecstasy awaits.

How do we achieve this?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Probably a little bit of both. I guess i'm trying to understand how to see the ecstasy in every moment. Sometimes i feel it, ever now and then when a moment is overwhelming in an amazing way, and it can be very mundane things that cause this to happen. Like little moments of realisation.

I guess, i would like to know what kind of therapy, as in everyone would be damaged in different ways, so how do we know what is right for us to be able to repair it and then once IN therapy, how are the moments seen?

Mole

Permabanned
Bon Appetit

Probably a little bit of both. I guess i'm trying to understand how to see the ecstasy in every moment. Sometimes i feel it, ever now and then when a moment is overwhelming in an amazing way, and it can be very mundane things that cause this to happen. Like little moments of realisation.

I guess, i would like to know what kind of therapy, as in everyone would be damaged in different ways, so how do we know what is right for us to be able to repair it and then once IN therapy, how are the moments seen?

Therapy only claims to turn misery into common unhappiness so ecstasy is out of its reach.

And ecstasy is simply standing outside the taken for granted. It takes a little courage at first, then we develop a taste for standing outside the taken for granted and then an appetite for ecstasy.

Bon appetit.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ways to ecstasy:

~ Standing with your bare feet in the dirt doing stretches or yoga when there's nice temperate weather and trees around

~ Listening to music

~ Loving another human being

~ KITTEHS

Mole

Permabanned
Ersatz Ecstasy

Alcohol is considered the poor man's mysticism. And drugs follow in that tradition.

But all they deliver is an ersatz ecstasy - the kind of ecstasy we have when we are not having any ecstasy.

E

Epiphany

I've got non-refundable tickets to pleasure town on my unicorn.

tumblr_l9kj62LkYM1qzh5aio1_500.png

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have heard of people feeling ecstasy through meditation. Has anyone experienced this?

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
About the only thing I've experianced on meds is either an upset stomach or moderate to severe mental fog.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The drug MDMA or MDA (ecstasy or molly) gives you the feeling of euphoria, total happiness, and even ecstasy (hence the drug named ecstasy :newwink:). In the 1960s I believe it was used in therapy, and for marriage counseling.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3hwf.jpg

You'd make a great cult leader, Victor.

Mole

Permabanned
Aren't we all, in a manner of speaking, poor men? Don't all men need a form of mysticism however superficial?

Some of us are spiritually impoverished, and some live in spiritual plenty.

And some of us are poor men, and some of us are mystics.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Some of us are spiritually impoverished, and some live in spiritual plenty.

And some of us are poor men, and some of us are mystics.

I did not know New England waspies call themselves mystics.
But now that I come to think about it, George Bush was a bit of a mystic. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anti-depression medication?

You can't get high off of anti-depressants, it takes days or weeks for them to even begin to work, and if they cause you to become truly euphoric it means you're experiencing mania because you're already bipolar and it was triggered, which I assure you is a bad thing in the long run.

People are so stupid about psychiatric medication, it pisses me off, truly.

It also pisses me off when people say weed isn't a drug. I've known more than one person so addicted to marijuana that they're moody, irritable, angry fucks when they don't have it, and experience insomnia. I also know someone who SAW THINGS the last time he smoked, so he'll never touch the shit again because it made him mildly hallucinate. Schizophrenia can be triggered by heavy marijuana use by those already genetically predisposed to the illness.

Victor is talking about the real ecstasy a person feels through things like love, meditation, and being one with nature. True happiness.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I know many people who feel like drugs have ruined their lives, but I haven't met one person on a high for life who would ever see that as a bad thing.