User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 38

  1. #21
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Smile Swimming with the porpoises

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Victor is talking about the real ecstasy a person feels through things like love, meditation, and being one with nature. True happiness.
    And the ecstasy of being with you in the noosphere. The ecstasy of being disembodied, like floating in the depths of the blue ocean, swimming with the porpoises.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the ecstasy of being with you in the noosphere. The ecstasy of being disembodied, like floating in the depths of the blue ocean, swimming with the porpoises.
    Aww, Victor. That's so nice.


  3. #23
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Aww, Victor. That's so nice.

    I always think of you, dear Marmie, as a porpoise in the blue ocean, and I want you to think of me as a porpoise too.

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Sorry to interupt the hug fest but..

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You can't get high off of anti-depressants, it takes days or weeks for them to even begin to work, and if they cause you to become truly euphoric it means you're experiencing mania because you're already bipolar and it was triggered, which I assure you is a bad thing in the long run.
    my point was that drugs could, theoretically, play a role in a person's search for "ecstasy", can it not?
    If so, then isn't how one chooses to use these drugs ultimately up to them?
    If not, then should people who are "clinically depressed" be taken off their various medications as they aren't experiencing true ecstasy?
    Why is one form of drug induced "happiness" any better than another?

    "But it's more complicated than that..."

    Is it really?

    I won't comment on what you said about weed, but lol. It's a good thing though, it shows naivete.

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I know many people who feel like drugs have ruined their lives, but I haven't met one person on a high for life who would ever see that as a bad thing.
    Lol I honestly don't know if this is a pro or anti drug post. It could go both ways...intentionally? If so, brilliant comment.

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Sorry to interupt the hug fest but..



    my point was that drugs could, theoretically, play a role in a person's search for "ecstasy", can it not?
    If so, then isn't how one chooses to use these drugs ultimately up to them?
    If not, then should people who are "clinically depressed" be taken off their various medications as they aren't experiencing true ecstasy?
    Why is one form of drug induced "happiness" any better than another?

    "But it's more complicated than that..."

    Is it really?

    I won't comment on what you said about weed, but lol. It's a good thing though, it shows naivete.
    Naivite? Wipe that idiotic smirk off of your face. I used to smoke weed, in fact there was a year of my life following a miscarriage where I smoked marijuana nearly every day, and I know many, many, many people who do. You're the one who is naive for not realizing how much it can fuck people up. I know what I've seen with my own eyes, and the findings about schizophrenia were done by scientists in the UK, Switzerland, New Zealand, et al not by the Christian coalitian or whatever you're imagining. In people who carry a certain gene, it can increase the risk of schizophrenia from 6% to around 60%, and there is a strong causal link between heavy marijuana usage in adolescence and psychosis later in life, not to mention the fact that people who are already mentally ill exacerbate their symptoms and are hospitalized for their illness more frequently who smoke weed than mentally ill people who do not.

    And I sincerely think you're the person who is naive if you can't tell the difference between drugs which damage the brain, and ones which heal the brain, or which are dispensed illegally, so are taken in excessive dosages or are not "clean."

    The fact that you would put all drugs in a blanket category is very unscientific of you. Are you really an INTP, or are you an INFP you thinks you are an INTP?

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    I'm both depending on who I want to be at that point in time. I tested intp when I first took it, and continue to do so...so that's what I "am".

    The way I see it, weed doesn't "fuck people up". People who have a tendency to "fuck up" also have a tendency to "smoke weed"..but I don't think it's correlated at all. But that's correlation vs causation...an endless debate, usually... especially with terms like "fuck up" being totally subjective...

    More importantly however;

    The fact that you would put all drugs in a blanket category is very unscientific of you.
    Science? I thought we were talking about "happiness". Happiness, I believe, is outside the domain of science (for the most part, prove me wrong!). Drugs as they pertain to "happiness" has little to do with science.

    In fact, scientifically speaking, I think the prevailing position is "drugs are fine as a means to achieve happiness". (or "correcting a chemical imbalance")

    Wipe that idiotic smirk off of your face.
    lol

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    I'm both depending on who I want to be at that point in time. I tested intp when I first took it, and continue to do so...so that's what I "am".

    The way I see it, weed doesn't "fuck people up". People who have a tendency to "fuck up" also have a tendency to "smoke weed"..but I don't think it's correlated at all. But that's correlation vs causation...an endless debate, usually... especially with terms like "fuck up" being totally subjective...
    No, the gene which is triggered by THC is called COMT, and it isn't "subjective." I'm not saying that all people carry this defective version of the gene, but you know some people can also drink a couple of glasses of red wine with dinner, while others guzzle down pints of vodka and beat their spouses and kill people in massive car accidents.

    My point is that, yes, objectively, marijuana is a drug - and it is a drug which objectively has been scientifically proven to cause very real long term harm, particularly in certain individuals with a predisposition to mental illness, and in adolescents whose brains are still developing. I get really sick of people touting this stupid crap about marijuana not causing any harm, because IT DOES CAUSE HARM. Yes, it does. In people who use it excessively, even if they don't have the genetic predisposition for schizophrenia, they can become so psychologically dependent upon it that they can have withdrawl symptoms such as irritability, sleeplessness, nervousness, anger, even rage.


    Science? I thought we were talking about "happiness". Happiness, I believe, is outside the domain of science (for the most part, prove me wrong!). Drugs as they pertain to "happiness" has little to do with science.

    In fact, scientifically speaking, I think the prevailing position is "drugs are fine as a means to achieve happiness". (or "correcting a chemical imbalance")
    You can't make a blanket statement about all drugs in this manner as though they all affect people similarly and have the same long term (or short term) impact on various facets of health.

    You also don't understand personality theory.

    And your little spiel about happiness?

    INFP. You are INFP or INTP depending on who you want to be???

    INFP INFP INFP INFP INFP INFP



  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You can't make a blanket statement about all drugs in this manner as though they all affect people similarly and have the same long term (or short term) impact on various facets of health.
    or happiness. right? My point all along...you can't condemn or approve the use of anything as if that thing will affect all people similarly especially as it pertains to something as subjective as happiness...then claim it's not "true happiness" if they choose to ignore you.

    You also don't understand personality theory.
    I understand theory.
    And your little spiel about happiness?

    INFP. You are INFP or INTP depending on who you want to be???
    You say that as if it's a bad thing. infps are cool. i think i'll be infp now..

    Ironically, I don't disagree with you about the drugs (subjectively speaking, of course)..

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    or happiness. right? My point all along...you can't condemn or approve the use of anything as if that thing will affect all people similarly...then claim it's not "true happiness" if they choose to ignore you.
    Yeah apparently facts and reality mean nothing to you. Sure, different people have different ideas of happiness, but there's clearly a big difference between the kind of real contentment, satisfaction, and health that lasts...and the kind of misery that could result from excessive abuse of street drugs, some of which actually cause conditions which require psychiatric medication to be fixed...a very common one is depleting one's own seratonin.


    I understand theory.
    You may understand theoretical thinking in general, but no, you don't understand personality theory if you think your personality changes with how you feel or want to be that day.

    I'll always remember Edgar's example in one thread of the DVD player...it plays different movies, but it's always going to be a DVD player. It's not going to magically turn into a toaster one morning.



    You say that as if it's a bad thing. infps are cool. i think i'll be infp now..
    What an INFP motive to say you're going to be that type.

    I never said it was a bad thing. I was declaring you to absolutely not be an INTP.

    As someone who is an FP myself, I'm not sure why you thought I meant it in a bad way. You're definitely Fi, not Ti.

Similar Threads

  1. Essential Oils and Natural Remedies
    By labyrinthine in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-22-2017, 08:49 AM
  2. Animism, Natural Selection and Quantum Mechanics
    By Mole in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM
  3. Animism, Natural Selection and Quantum Mechanics
    By Mole in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 01:23 AM
  4. [ISFP] ISFPs and Nature
    By Quinlan in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 08:30 AM
  5. Has natural selection been aborted?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO