User Tag List

Thread: Diagnose this person

Senior Member Array Lily flower's Avatar

Default Diagnose this person

I have a person in my family that will never admit that he needs to see a counselor or that he ever has problems, but I would like to know what I am dealing with - is it mental illness, Aspbergers, something else.

He doesn't have normal conversation skills. When he talks to you, it is always a lecture, ususally on history or politics.

He gets in a tantrum/rage if anything goes bad in his life at all.

He blames everyone else for his problems and never ever admits that he is wrong.

He is extremely paranoid and sees everything in life through "someone is out to get me."

He hoards books, magazines, and newspapers until he has no room to move around his home.

He can never see anything from another person's perspective. It's like he doesn't have the ability.

He can't handle anything that is out of the routine. Stuff like decorating for Christmas, going on vacation, or having a garage sale always throws him into a rage.

Any thoughts?

7w6 sx/so
    ENFp None

Sounds a lot like my step-grandfather. I know he was borderline mentally retarded, probably actually mentally retarded, but his guardians hid him away in the navy.

Could be Asperger's.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    8w7 sx/sp

Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex