User Tag List

Thread: Corruption

Corruption

I am surprised intellectual integrity has such a low priority.

I mean intellectual integrity is a moral matter.

And without integrity, including intellectual integrity, there can be no morality.

Yet, at the back of every woman's magazine and in many newpapers, there are pages of astrology.

But every astonomer in the world will tell you astrology has no truth value.

So what we are looking at, with those who follow astrology, is intellectual corruption.

And intellectual corruption is a moral corruption.

And as MBTI is just astrology for the college educated, the followers are equally corrupt.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I'll bite. Astrological groupings are based on random dates of generation. MBTI is based on observation.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknm View Post
    I'll bite. Astrological groupings are based on random dates of generation. MBTI is based on observation.
    MBTI was plaigerised from, "Personality Types", written by Carl Jung. And Carl said that, "Personality Types", was based on no empirical evidence.

MBTI
    ISTJ

If I see something that looks like chicken, smells like chicken and tastes like chicken, am I not allowed to classify it as chicken?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You're right Vic, it was probably the 1000th time you said this that has convinced me. We obviously need to stand up to corruption and burn the TypoC mysql database down to the ground. We should also disband the constellations.

But, seriously.. let us hypothetically say that you got a large number of people to agree with you, what would you want them to do next? What is step 2 here?

Smile Transcending MBTI

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You're right Vic, it was probably the 1000th time you said this that has convinced me. We obviously need to stand up to corruption and burn the TypoC mysql database down to the ground. We should also disband the constellations.

But, seriously.. let us hypothetically say that you got a large number of people to agree with you, what would you want them to do next? What is step 2 here?
    Good question, Qlip.

And if we were pedestrian, if we were just walking along together, we would take one step then another, and your question would make perfect sense.

But if we are transcendent, we would lift right off, we would take to the air, and not take another step.

And nor would we deny the last step we took, rather we would look down and see our footprint, just as we looked down and saw our first footprint on the Moon.

So just as we will always have sin with us, just as we will always have the poor with us, so we will always have the first step of MBTI with us.

We will see that MBTI is wrong and impoverished, and we will see this once we transcend MBTI with critical thought.

We might see MBTI as our first love, born of inexperience, born of need, and born to be transcended.

Banned

The amazing thing about corruption is how readily people will defend it if it is the status quo.