User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Alcoholics.

Anew Leaf

Yeah I think it happened in Korea actually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't think so, I don't know. It's just random. It's an impulse. Doesn't seem to have a trigger.
    i think you just crave fun...the social happy times you have with your friends when you're all out drinking....maybe you just get bored.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I believe it was this story people are referring to: Chinese Man Drops Dead After 3 Day Gaming Binge

I'm not sure the exact cause of death was ever clear.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Yeah I think it happened in Korea actually.
    What happens in Korea stays in Korea.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think she just meant died from playing video games and not taking care of other needs for three days. (water, bathroom, sleep, food, whatever.)
    Yes. That shortcut was a little too big lolol...... You can only go for about 3 days without water so I'm assuming they might've done that, didn't sleep or go to the bathroom, etc.......

Put it this way: they played their way to exhaustion and death, through not taking care of their needs. IDK if it has happened in America or not....I would think it would be easier to die where the people were less healthy lol...

"In 2005, Seungseob Lee (Hangul: 이승섭) visited an Internet cafe in the city of Taegu and played StarCraft almost continuously for fifty hours. He went into cardiac arrest, and died at a local hospital.

In 2007, it was reported that Xu Yan died in Jinzhou after playing online games persistently for over 15 days during the Lunar New Year holiday.[66] Later 2007 reports indicated that a 30-year-old male died in Guangzhou after playing video games continuously for three days.[67][68]"

I know I've read more than these three.....

Anyways, I do think that playing video games can be addictive just like shopping can, and many other activities. It can get out-of-control....
    I played wow for awhile so I tend to lie on the side of believing these stories, after seeing how often these people play, and how it seems to consume their lives......
    Some gamers take craps and pee in cups because they won't stop to get up and go to the bathroom....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yeah, I think plain old restraint is a good thing. It's hard in this bountiful culture to say "no" to things that you like that make you feel good. I tend to get cravings in a moment that I need relaxation. Either I am in high stress or am very relaxed and want to intensify the feeling. Plain old relaxation isn't good enough. I want to be really really relaxed. I'm reminding myself about how I don't like to be sick in the morning, don't think I can stop at one or two at this level of craving, and about how I went to an interesting conference the other day, surgeons talking, and was too tired to care becasue of drinking the night before. I'm going to pick up my roommates guitar and try to learn a few chords instead.
    yes...find a new hobby to nourish.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFJ

Meh, I'm not an alcoholic, but my parents met each other in AA so I was raised to believe that if I ever DO drink, I will certainly be an addict ._.
    Your epidermis is showing. <3

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Meh, I'm not an alcoholic, but my parents met each other in AA so I was raised to believe that if I ever DO drink, I will certainly be an addict ._.
    Heh, yea, people tend to get much more serious about it after it sneaks up on them and they are forced to seek recovery.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Some gamers take craps and pee in cups because they won't stop to get up and go to the bathroom....
    Oh god. I'm glad to say I'm not quite on that level yet.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I believe it was this story people are referring to: Chinese Man Drops Dead After 3 Day Gaming Binge

I'm not sure the exact cause of death was ever clear.
    How does this happen? Do you have to be uber-N? How do you forget to sleep and drink water, even if you're one of those people who can go without eating? I can't do any of the above. It sounds absolutely bizarre to me.