User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 114

Thread: Alcoholics.

  1. #101
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, Sweet, trances within trances are fascinating.

    First we enter a trance. Then within that trance, we enter another trance, and then, within both trances we enter a third trance. And by then we are deeply entranced.

    As we sink deeper and deeper into trances, strange things happen. At about the fourth level, we lose contact with reality, and the deepest trance becomes reality for us.

    And at this level of trance, God reveals Himself to us. So we might say that the revelation in the Bible or the Koran or the Gita are vouchsafed to us at a deep level of trance.

    Also we can say that Relativity was vouchsafed to Albert Einstein at the deepest level of trance. Just as we can say Quantum Mechanics was vouchsafed to Erwin Schrödinger at the deepest level of trance.

    So we find both God and the natural world at the deepest level of trance.

    Some say we find ourselves, but I will leave that to you to find out, my Sweet.
    Despite my snarky previous remark, I took your comment very seriously and tried to enter that elusive trance, (using youtube and alcohol.)..... I taped my adventure, hoping to document any unusual experience. I didn't quite find God, but I came really really close.

    [YOUTUBE="kwCGudPnQAw"]I found God! Almost... [/YOUTUBE]
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  2. #102
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Don't you hate it when you almost find god?

    In other news Newcastle is one of the best beers ever.

  3. #103
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Smile Trance and Fact

    Deep trance has given us the revelations of the Bible, the Koran and the Gita, as well as General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics.

    But we all sense there is a difference between Revelation and fact. And the difference is the scientific method.

    The scientific method has not been applied to the trance of Revelation but it has been applied to the trance of Nature.

    And we find there is a direct correlation between deep trance and nature. But whenever we apply the scientific method to Revelation, we find it wanting. There is no correlation between the trance of Revelation and reality. So Revelation requires the suspension of disbelief.

    So deep trance allied with the scientific method gives us fact.

  4. #104
    Senior Member jimrckhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Don't you hate it when you almost find god?

    In other news Newcastle is one of the best beers ever.
    Great Lakes Brewing Company "Burning River". My latest beer of choice. Highly recommended. No recommendations on the god front however.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

  5. #105
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Great Lakes Brewing Company "Burning River". My latest beer of choice. Highly recommended. No recommendations on the god front however.
    Man, nobody cares about my brush with the spiritual world last night. I almost posted a video of what happens when I seriously think I see a spirit or ghost, it's not exactly the same.

    My wish for this thread is that it turns into a "what's the best beer?" thread, that would make the whole thing really funny.

    I'm a long trail girl myself, that's my favorite.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #106
    Senior Member jimrckhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Man, nobody cares about my brush with the spiritual world last night. I almost posted a video of what happens when I seriously think I see a spirit or ghost, it's not exactly the same.

    My wish for this thread is that it turns into a "what's the best beer?" thread, that would make the whole thing really funny.

    I'm a long trail girl myself, that's my favorite.
    Sorry for the highjack. Unfortunately my level of spirituality would be considered unusually under developed for a cherry stone clam.

    Longtrail eh? Never tried it but I'll seek it out. Man... I love Vermont.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

  7. #107
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Sorry for the highjack. Unfortunately my level of spirituality would be considered unusually under developed for a cherry stone clam.

    Longtrail eh? Never tried it but I'll seek it out. Man... I love Vermont.
    Yeah, double bag and IPA are my favorites, but there are a few more. I'd need to see a list to be able to pick out the best ones. They are a bit hoppy, as a rule, (and a warning.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  8. #108
    Senior Member jimrckhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, double bag and IPA are my favorites, but there are a few more. I'd need to see a list to be able to pick out the best ones. They are a bit hoppy, as a rule, (and a warning.)
    Oh... I was looking at that IPA. I love hoppy beers - I have a taste for some of those west coast over the top IPAs (Stone, Green Flash). Now if they just wouldn't keep knocking me on my a$$ ...
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

  9. #109
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Oh... I was looking at that IPA. I love hoppy beers - I have a taste for some of those west coast over the top IPAs (Stone, Green Flash). Now if they just wouldn't keep knocking me on my a$$ ...
    It's crazy how different the beers are in different regions. I've never heard of those. We probably share Dogfishhead in common though. I like that one, too.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #110
    Senior Member jimrckhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    It's crazy how different the beers are in different regions. I've never heard of those. We probably share Dogfishhead in common though. I like that one, too.
    I'm fortunate that where I live there is a pretty decent selection of craft brews from all over the country. But the great thing about them is there are always new ones to be found.

    I really like Dogfish - one of my "go to" brews. Great balance of flavor, weight and alcohol.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Similar Threads

  1. These sensations brought to you by Alcohol
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:37 PM
  2. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 01:59 AM
  3. Alcohol and Cognitive Functions
    By locke in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
  4. Question Related To Alcohol And Personality..
    By Mondo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO