User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You may be joking but...My nephew tested ISTP and he refused for years to sleep in his own bed, but preferred the couch instead. It drove his family nuts.
    i love sleeping on the couch when i can get away with it. it may not be in another country, but at least it feels like a trip away from home

MBTI
    infp

Using type theories too strictly can be problematic and simply not useful or helpful. I think of it all as a tool, a medium to understand and explain things, kind of like a metaphor. A metaphor always demonstrates a point, but no metaphor is directly parallel to what it is describing. Type theory is the same thing, it describes some behaviour, it helps us understand people better, but it is not absolute and it is not completely accurate. All this Fi, Fe, Ti, Te stuff is all words... they are symbols to understand ways people sometimes think depending on context and to understand why some people are some ways and others are other ways . It is never black and white, its all grey matter, they all overlap and melt into eachother... but for the sake of discussion and understanding we have these terms.

Sometimes trying to see if there is a trend of some kind between types and some habit can be a good way to understand the thinking behind that habit, but it should never be taken too seriously. For example, lets say hypothetically we did a poll and most vegetarians were NF's. That would be lovely, but it should not then be applied as a way to recognize someone as an NF, or as a criticism of NF's (if you have a probably with vegetarians, that is), but maybe it will help us understand the motivation of vegetarians and why they specifically (if it is specific) get those motivations and others don't a bit better if we approach it the right way.

To make a long story short, its all a theory, its all a tool to understand people better, so lets not bicker and argue, lets understand how we all think!

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I use MBTI to attempt to see what someone else is. It's a bit like a game to me.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Nozflubber partially wins.