User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default I am alpha..hear me roar. A theory of human male behavior...

I have a theory that all males can be classified into alpha, beta, and omega males. However, I think that humans have evolved enough to know which "role to play" in any given context. A naturally alpha male will leave his "alphaness" at home. At work, he will only display his "alphaness" at times it is appropriate. He will also display "betaness" and "omeganess" when it is needed. He does this because he knows it is to his advantage to play the role that will get him the most "resources" and he is smart enough to know that being alpha all the time will not get him the resources he needs.

However, I think every man has a natural tendency to tend towards one. A naturally "alpha" male will always have "alpha" tendencies, even if he is hiding them/unaware of what he is doing. It's his "default setting" if you will...

In addition, I think all men have a secondary role that they are willing to play, but aren't naturally good at. It's a learned role, it doesn't come naturally, but they can and will play the role adequately if called upon to do so. He can learn this role well enough to fool most people...

And finally, every man has the role that they absolutely cant stand playing. If called upon to do so, they will quickly find an excuse to not play it at all..or change their role entirely. If he is forced to play the role, he will play the role to the best of his abilities, but he will be limited in how successful he is in that role..and he himself knows this.

My theory is this..all human males have the ability to be alpha, beta and omega. They play these roles out subconsciously in order to get the resources they need. Humans have evolved enough to know that being alpha doesn't always get you where you want to be. The most successful of men aren't alphas, but men who realize what role they need to play in any given context.

I just had a thought..but I really should be studying so I'm just going to throw it out there...

Religion is a subconscious reflection of this. God (alpha)...followers (betas)..and the non believers (omegas). This pattern of three is everywhere by the way...

Thoughts?

MBTI
    INFP

In your theory, can all the men be equally successful when they realize what roles the world require from them in any given situation? Or maybe the ones whose shadow or 3rd role is the most wanted in the world will still be disadvantaged?

Very interesting theory by the way .
    Hot-hearted head

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

So alpha = TJ, omega = TP, beta = F?

What is the value in this simplistic classification as opposed to MBTI? Is this the usual stupid excessive-testosterone-based idea you see floating everywhere, or is it your own theory with accidental use of the alpha/beta terms? Why does it only apply to male behaviour?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So, in summary: Intelligence means knowing your place and when to step out of your comfort zone.

I'm assuming you left out females because the theory just assumes we already are geared towards this naturally?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Life is more fluid than that.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I like the whole human-wolf thing here. (Even if it's a bit shallow to be called a 'theory'. :P )

But I think you messed up the beta and omega explanations.

I think beta's are better classified as builders, not per se followers, although for obvious reasons, can fall into the follower category easily.. And omega's to be the party animals.

In the context of alpha/beta/omega I consider myself a beta, but I don't consider myself a follower by extension.

But then again, I'm more of a lone wolf type. And you have to be a beta to be a 'successful' lone wolf.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    So alpha = TJ, omega = TP, beta = F?

What is the value in this simplistic classification as opposed to MBTI? Is this the usual stupid excessive-testosterone-based idea you see floating everywhere, or is it your own theory with accidental use of the alpha/beta terms? Why does it only apply to male behaviour?
    Value? lol I'm not sure..it's just an interesting model with which to view the world. As is the mbti..just a model. What value does the mbti have? Whatever your answer for that is, the answer will be similar for this theory (or rather "idea"..theory makes it sound like I've given a lot of thought..)

Given the model..I would say that TJs are more likely to be Betas as a default setting, with Alpha and Omega probably as a more "drastic setting"..but I'm literally basing that off of four or so people and my knowledge of personality theory..

So, in summary: Intelligence means knowing your place and when to step out of your comfort zone.
    Not intelligence. Success. Intelligence is an outdated concept anyway..imo

My theory doesn't include women because I don't think women think in terms of Beta/Alpha etc. Also, I don't understand women whatsoever, so as a rule, i generally don't included them in my "theories" because they seem to always mess it up. I consider women more or less devoid of logic at this point in my life...beautifully so. It keeps life interesting..lol

Besides, wrapping your mind around a males way of thinking isn't too hard. Women on the other hand...yeah, PMS must be a bitch..because they have periods of pure insanity..but don't get me started on women..
    [YOUTUBE="www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zb-XyXP4hk"][/YOUTUBE]
    How the hell do you analyze that?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    My theory doesn't include women because I don't think women think in terms of Beta/Alpha etc. Also, I don't understand women whatsoever, so as a rule, i generally don't included them in my "theories" because they seem to always mess it up. I consider women more or less devoid of logic at this point in my life...beautifully so. It keeps life interesting..lol

Besides, wrapping your mind around a males way of thinking isn't too hard. Women on the other hand...yeah, PMS must be a bitch..because they have periods of pure insanity..but don't get me started on women..[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zb-XyXP4hk"][/YOUTUBE]

How the hell do you analyze that?
    Wow, yes, please don't get started on women.

I'm just going to hope you're young, then.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzling Berry View Post
    In your theory, can all the men be equally successful when they realize what roles the world require from them in any given situation? Or maybe the ones whose shadow or 3rd role is the most wanted in the world will still be disadvantaged?

Very interesting theory by the way .
    Hmm..interesting..I don't know. But I think it would have to be necessarily stratified..it's seems to me to be human nature to stratify everything. I would say that beta males with a tendency to alphaness are probably the most successful in western society. In Africa, I would argue that most "successful men" are omegas with a tendency towards alpha..or alphas with a tendency towards omeganess. What would you say?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post

Besides, wrapping your mind around a males way of thinking isn't too hard. Women on the other hand...yeah, PMS must be a bitch..because they have periods of pure insanity..but don't get me started on women..

*snort* Wow you have a lot to learn.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.