User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lol! If you're ever in Cali I will devise a plan for you to smell my ex.
    No way would I sniff your ex, no matter how many martinis were knocked back!! Sniffing, like dancing, leads to sex.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    No way would I sniff your ex, no matter how many martinis were knocked back!! Sniffing, like dancing, leads to sex.
    Lol! Afraid he smells like cookies? .....

And, I agree with you about female Alphas.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Right, but it is beyond "attitude". I have never in my life, seen a true alpha act like an omega, or beta. I've seen them bend, compromise, even get emotional, but never NOT alpha. And, certainly not to gain resources.
    Ah, I see, then maybe I am just a bit oblivious about this specific part of human nature.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What the...I don't even...

Enjoy your life as a recluse or a homosexual.

Do you tend to want to either discard or lock up everything you don't understand?
    Why would I discard? Lock up? well..if its on the menu...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

FYI re wolf hierarchy

a beta is not a regular pack member kiddos. they're second in line to the alpha throne.

learn:

Beta Wolf
    In The Sawtooth Pack, the position of beta wolf, or second in command to the alpha, was held by a male wolf named Matsi. Not much is written about beta wolves, but in The Sawtooth Pack, Matsi embodied all that was magical about wolves. He was a wolf that gave everything of himself for the benefit of he pack. He patrolled their territory, took care of the pups, maintained peace and order- and throughout all this, he seemed completely content not to rule. Matsi taught us that the workings of a wolf society are deeper and more complex then we will ever know. Although competition is prevalent and the drive to become the alpha can burn fiercely in the hearts of certain wolves, the good of the pack, the family, is more important then anything

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think it's plain wrong to classify lone wolves of any specie, including ours, as alphas, betas or omegas. Lone wolves are not ranked. And, while some may not agree, they are much more likely to attract females than the betas, which makes ''omega'' a very inappropriate definition.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    TG said once that true alphas don't always have to run around trying to prove it, which actually does correlate to the OPs ideas of alphas being able to role shift appropriately.
    This has been my experience. If anything, the responsibilities of being a natural leader are something I've tried to escape in one way or another. It gets exhausting being the first to initiate and do everything all the time, which is my main motivation for changing roles. It's not really a competition at all... if anything I have to fight people's expectations so I won't always be the one taking that role. Teach a man to fish, I guess. I want other people to learn to initiate, take healthy risks, and learn. Sometimes I need time alone and I'm not prepared to be the leader, but the aura is something that a person's consciousness caries with you and people sub-consciously recognize and follow it. Causes a lot of confusion and sometimes hurt feelings. Oy vey.

So, not only is it not really a competition, but people should value their place for what it is. Everything has pros and cons.

edit: also, I agree with ThatGirl, it is not a behavior. It is who a person is. To say it is a behavior would imply that it is something a person becomes, which would already be working against the flow of social group mentality. I can personally attest to the fact that this is true, because I do it on purpose when I don't want people to look to me. In a predictable manner, they usually then do the opposite and someone else becomes the recognized most leading.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

so women are hard to comprehend? last I checked we're still human beings who live in the same society as you and have brains and educations and such, but if you're going to go and be confused by such stupid things I think I'll just clarify humanity into 4 categories for you to make this easy enough for you to comprehend:

assholes
    doormats
    bitches
    hos

hopefully that makes it easy enough for even you
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Mick Jagger - Lucky In Love

Alpha, beta, omega... nice little concept for teens. Seems to me there comes a time to step out from bullshit like that and do your own thing. There's always going to be clowns that want to play like that, so you need to be adaptable.

That's the real power to develop. Adaptability.
    Luck in love, that's where it's really at.

I'm half talking to myself here!

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

A+ theory

i like the part where no women
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]