User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Anew Leaf

I associate names, letters, and numbers with colors.

My first name is a dark forest green, my middle name is fresh spring green.

When I (briefly) learned to play guitar I began associating the chords with the colors of what the name was. A is always shades of blue for me, E is always shades of green, C is always some kind of yellow, etc.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I used to have color synesthesia when I was younger, but don't anymore. I have always had number form synesthesia, though. I see the numbers 1-100 on a specific "path" in my head that winds around and climbs as the numbers get higher.
    My uncle, whom I've typed as INTP, has described a similar way of viewing numbers. He sees rows of them going by in a path, and in the context of say, solving a math problem, he feels like he's picking a number out these rows.

I considered INTJ for him at one point because these "visions" seemed like some kind of Ni thing, but increasingly I hear INTPs speak of similar things.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

It's 10 minutes. If you don't have the patience to watch the whole thing, start at 6:30.

Anyway, yeah, we were talking about this on another forum...
    5 is like hay and flax
    6 is like crumbling dust... age and rust in general
    7 is patent leather in a deep blue-violet color. Almost like those "glossy" icons

etc. I'm not synesthetic strictly in terms of senses, but I do have some odd associations and mental imagery, and I do physically feel certain images.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont see numbers nor letters
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont see numbers nor letters
    +1, we're both too drunk I suppose...

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    +1, we're both too drunk I suppose...
    The sad thing is I am really drunk, but I got the message
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

No, actually... I am a synaesthete. Much in the line with Kyuuei, but I don't get the pattern thing easily. Mine is more associated with sound/words/feelings/visualizing and people.
    Like a person can be a maelstrom of blackness that devours the whole room. I don't "see" see it, I just feel it and see it for my inner eye. It does not obscure my vision or anything.
    Similarly, some people can shine like the sun, or anything in between. I also associate personalities with texture, somehow. Like some people are clearly polished/reflective, while others are dull/matte.
    Words definitely have colors, feelings and (obviously) sounds. Some are just... "out there"... But others are indeed logical choices, like the fact that I associate the word "grenadier" with red, white and blue. French uniform.
    Had a bunch of napoleonic wars toy soldiers as a kid. They couldn't find any english soldiers to fight, so they often participated in pitched battles against indians or knights... "Indians" as in native americans have the color of a moonlit sky night dark blue and arizona rock red.
    More instinctive and not learned colors is the unhealthy variant of ESTJ 8w7, they appear yellow to me, and not in a shiny way. More in a feverish way. I really avoid those people like the plague.

"White" (don't quote me out of context) people are pretty damn irritating as well. Boring-conservative, cold-eyed and they drain my energy just by being close.
    "Red" people are those over-enthusiastic people who can't interpret me properly and can't give up in trying to convince me to do something that I don't want to do. Unhealthy ESFP/ESTP, I think.
    "Gray" people... Well, guess. They're boring, small-minded, sort of kind but it doesn't have any depth... It's more out of tradition and such. Can't place a single type to that, but some sort of dysfunctional SJ.
    "maelstrom-black" are just plain unhealthy people. Those who are so apparent that it hurts. They're actually pretty common. I think it's more a state of mind than a personality.
    "Green" people... I hardly ever meet those, but I like the ones I find. I am one myself. Green has nothing to do with peace, just naturalistic. It has an earthen tone. More blue-green people like Amargith/Satine/Vala Faye/etc are more peaceful, but akin to "my" type.
    "Orange" people, normally ENFJs, are awesome and energetic. Gotta love that intensity! Some ESFJs have this too, but they can also be of the boring gray or white variety.

I could go on all day trying to explain this crap. I thought everyone did this just a couple of years ago. It's just natural for me and I don't even think about the fact that i'm doing it.
    It probably makes stuff easier to remember for me. Helps my intuition along. Stuff. You know?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

I generally have a stronger association with numbers as opposed to letters, to the point where they bring vivid, sometimes multiple images to mind. As for colors, they generally look like this at first thought:

1 is loosely connected to gold.
    2 appears red on top and blue on the bottom, and brings to mind an image of two shadowy figures in the distance on a reddened, rocky mesa at sunset.
    3 is purely yellow, and brings to mind an image of a stereotypical magician on a red curtained stage doing tricks.
    4 is ocean blue, and brings to mind an image of the ocean surface seen from underwater with the ripples refracting sunlight above. It also occasionally brings to mind a long, ancient valley with four ancient statues forming the corners of the valley.
    5 is yellow.
    6 is deep green, yet brings to mind an image of a coat of arms consisting of a red/silver shield and longsword crossed and hung on an icy wall in a frozen cave with braziers among the tunnels.
    7 is yellow-gold and sometimes brings to mind an image of golden gates in the clouds.
    8 is black, or very dark wine red at times.
    9 doesn't have any color, but brings to mind the image of the 9 members of the fellowship outlined as shadows against the evening sky traveling to the left in a line.

As for letters, I only see a handful as having certain colors:
    B
    C
    E
    F
    H (probably because of hay)
    I Reminds me of a cutting edge technology corporation building.
    J
    L
    M Reminds me of a stereotypical wizard (starry pointed hat and all) on a rock in the ocean controlling the waves with a wand.
    P
    V
    Y

I never realized until now how many of my color associations were yellow…
    The mind shows only what is near the heart - Elder Edda

Ti>Fi>Ne>>>Si>Te>Se>Ni>>>Fe - LII - 5w4 sp/sx 5w4-4w5-1w9
    |R|cUeI - Phlegmatic/Melancholic - Mystic - Neutral Good

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

I experience music as varying visual phenomena. Something along the lines of, entire albums have their own 'color'. Someone can say the title of the album and the album is in my mind assigned a color automatically. The colors represent progression, aggression, early material, late material, and so on. Individual songs are also assigned their own colors automatically, based on different elements they have in their music: if a song is jazzy and dark, yet silly, it will have a different color than one that is jazzy and dark, but satanic or something. I also experience individual instruments as being colored, but they're more represented by lines moving in different ways and distortion to go along with the music, sometimes converging, sometimes not... the lines have different colors and change colors through songs.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't know if this is synesthesia, but to me letters and numbers have personalities based on their shapes reminding me of facial expressions or body positions. Like, 2 and 4 are wimpy, but 1, 9, M and Z are badass cool. 6 is sunny but naive; 8, R and Y are stoic and dignified.
    OK, so like I said before, this is similar to mine except I have different interpretations, which I'll expand on now.

2 - shy

3 - giggling in a bit of a sly way, more sly for the 3's with the flat bar on top (like @YWIR 's avatar!)

4 - devilish

5 - shy and smiling over the shoulder

6 - playful, excited, beckoning over the shoulder to come and join for some mischief, a bit like this but with twitching eyebrows and a closed-mouth smile

7 - standing proper, dignified, like a soldier

8 - cute, bouncy, looking straight on with a smile

9 - also smiling and playful, similar to @ThatsWhatHeSaid 's avatar

a - laughing
    e - sly smile
    o - like when you make an "o" with your mouth

I could go on, but I don't want to bore you, and I'm