User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of homeschooling?

50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 64.00%
  • No

11 22.00%
  • Unopinionated/other (explain)

7 14.00%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Homeschooling: yes or no?

only bites when provoked Array

My parents belonged to HSLDA before they had a website. Heh.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

I know one family (the four kids are all adults now) that just gave the kids options. One of them homeschooled all the way through high school, and one chose public school, and one chose private Christian school, and one flitted about (I think). They all went to college and thrived in their particular choices. I think that if a parent is able to give that kind of choice, that's pretty great. I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to homeschool my hypothetical children because I anticipate teaching other people's kids, but if I could find a way to fit it in, I would certainly want to be able to offer my child that option.

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.