User Tag List

123 Last

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default P V.S. J and music

I'm not concered with music styles or genres really, but how one "selects".
    So; do you prefer to, A: Select your music out of your own library on your Ipod, cds, what have you, and build your own playlist? Or, B: Listen to the radio and a station you prefer, or have someone else build a music playlist?

I'm just wondering if Ps and Js break down in the obvious manner or not.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    yupp

I like putting my music on random/shuffle of course I skip 20 songs before I decide on the one I want. Sometimes if there's a specific song I want I'll listen to that one, but I have all my music set so the next song is random so let's so I wanted to listen to Superstar Punai-Sublime the next song will not be Survivor-Destiny's Child which it would be if I had shuffle off instead I have no clue of the next song. So it's random but totally controllable at the same time.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I always seem to know exactly what I want to hear, so it's all iPod here, except when I'm in the car, then it is radiotime, probably because surprises make time go faster
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Depends on whim...

Sometimes I turn on the radio... other times I randomly select songs from my library... or just pick a playlist.

So no general pattern for me.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I like putting my music on random/shuffle of course I skip 20 songs before I decide on the one I want. Sometimes if there's a specific song I want I'll listen to that one, but I have all my music set so the next song is random so let's so I wanted to listen to Superstar Punai-Sublime the next song will not be Survivor-Destiny's Child which it would be if I had shuffle off instead I have no clue of the next song. So it's random but totally controllable at the same time.
    I do the EXACT same thing xD
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Yep, I do the song shuffle thing... with 2000+ songs on my iTunes, it's always a surprise what I'll get next. Usually it's background noise, though, so I don't jump around unless there's something I specifically want to hear and/or I have nothing else to do.

And I'm fairly happy to listen to most things, so it really depends on which is the most convenient - radio, cd, someone else's playlist, etc.

But I can't be bothered making specific playlists. Too much work and I'd get bored of a small list way too soon. I tire of CDs quickly in that way, too.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Playlist?

I listen to albums. Or, I just shift around based on whatever I feel like hearing.

What's the "obvious manner" anyway?
    we fukin won boys

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Playlist?

I listen to albums. Or, I just shift around based on whatever I feel like hearing.

What's the "obvious manner" anyway?
    It would seem logical that the Ps would prefer more of a random selection in which they had minimal continuous input, whereas the Js would prefer to build a structured playlist of exactly what they preferred. Just a hypothesis really.

I'm almost OCD about my music. I go through the entire song library, find a song I want to hear, and as soon as I do, find the next song as it's playing. I always have to have the next song lined up or I go nuts. I would build a playlist except that when I hear a song I'm always changing what I want to hear next, so I can never tell exactly what I want to listen to in sequence.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I never use any shuffle function, because my music collection includes too many genres. I prefer a smooth transition between them, and like Nocapszy I prefer to listen to entire albums instead. iTunes helps there -- I never use playlists, either.
    When it comes to internet radio I have a few stations I especially prefer listening to, but I give some new ones a try if those fail to entertain at that time.

EDIT: In addition, I keep my music files rather organized -- while I don't care much for the year an album was released in, for instance, I categorize them carefully according to genre, fix artist/albums tags, etc, or else it bothers me. A tendency for organization not really representative of my real life...
    Not really.

MBTI
    INTJ

A: I select music myself from my iTunes directory. I do not listen to merely songs, but through a whole album each time, so I select an album to listen to. If I am not sure what I want to listen to, I might ask someone else what they want me to listen to or something like that. I hardly ever listen to the radio or use anything along the lines of iPod shuffle.