User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Dear Lien, are you able to find someone to talk to? If you are highly excitable, it may mean you are gifted. So perhaps talking to a counsellor and perhaps having your IQ measured may be a way to go.

You are plainly a person of delightful sensitivity with much to offer the world.

Victor.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ah, I wasn't hated because I was quiet. I was hated because I was smart, funny and a little too enthusiastic about certain subjects, such as social sciences and well, science, and english. I was one of the weird art kids too. Lets face it I was weird. Oh, and maybe because I was this weird combination of really mature and immature...I loved ninja turtles and could tell every one the basic principle of splicing DNA at 13. I was so disappointed when I went to high school. I imagined in my head it would be a bit Dawson creek like (okay, it was a bit before, that show was on, but it's the best comparison.)
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

to be honest i think kids' hatred has little to do with specific traits and more to do with them needing to find something to fixate upon as "weird", something that separates others from themselves - whether that be introversion, intelligence, looks, behavior, or interests.

i suspect it has something to do with children learning to be social and learning the ropes of "you are part of my herd" and "you are a danger to my herd", and therefore attributes that they find strange and alien in others become targets.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    to be honest i think kids' hatred has little to do with specific traits and more to do with them needing to find something to fixate upon as "weird", something that separates others from themselves - whether that be introversion, intelligence, looks, behavior, or interests.

i suspect it has something to do with children learning to be social and learning the ropes of "you are part of my herd" and "you are a danger to my herd", and therefore attributes that they find strange and alien in others become targets.
    I can see this. It is much easier to rally the majority of people around the banner of hatred than love.