MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Why is this a "feeler" thread?
    Because we all know that depressed thinkers just sit around on forums, derailing threads....
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    On one hand I agree, on the other hand I wonder if Feelers are medicated more than Thinkers, and I also have a theory that Thinkers who are depressed are more likely to experience "flat affect" depression than Feelers.
    Yeah, I think there are tons of different ways in general to experience depression, but I don't know if they would differ by type. I seem to experience two of the types of them.

One of them is closer to the "flat effect" one. It's one that is a lot more mild and on and off throughout my life. Low energy, often upset, unmotivated, etc. It's a kind that I can easily hide and to the outside would often just look like I am heavily introverted (and not just in the stereotypical sense). But the fact that it is painful and something I want to escape shows to me that I am not.

The other kind is the more emotionally-obvious sort, and a lot more intense but I could never let it last very long because I had to almost immediately seek medication for it. I would alternate from just being very blank to crying out of nowhere. Won't get into it too much, but very painful stuff. I don't think that me seeking medication for this has much to do with T/F. Taking a low dose of sertraline had some rather intense side effects for a couple days, but once it worked it lowered the intensity of the symptoms tons. It allowed me to be able to function again. But I am in the middle of figuring out some more strategies to function better because the more-mild-but-still-frustrating type is always sort of lurking in the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think everyone who is depressed should go roller skating like old school 1970's/1980's roller rink style.

Seriously though I think the idea of getting out of your environment and doing something fun can help, and it may be enough to snap some people out of it, but on the other hand for others it would just be a distraction and they'd go home and feel depressed again.
    I think it really depends on the intensity of the depression. When I'm really mildly depressed, something like old school roller skating would work awesomely. Something out of my environment. Something new, fun, shiny. But during the intense states, it would only be intensely helpful for like a couple minutes and then totally wear off.

I would totally go start up something like a 70s disco skating night. But again, the motivational spark is very weak right now (Darn Catch 22s, this is why I think medication, to an extent, shouldn't be so frowned-upon as a main part of the treatment.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Because we all know that depressed thinkers just sit around on forums

derailing threads....
    Though that could also be a sign we are feeling better

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because we all know that depressed thinkers just sit around on forums, derailing threads....
    WILL PEOPLE STOP CALLING ME ENTP!!!111

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Imagine how it would be like if many people with the same "issue" would get together and have fun.

I mean, one would be less depressed if he'd just meet with people struggling with the same things. The sense of community and belonging would make them feel better.

At least it would make me feel better when I'm low. Realizing that I'm not the only one, that there are others. Because when I'm depressed I get really alienated from everything, and others like me fade in my perception as I become the only one who suffers in a world where there's no one else. Till I start feeling fine again.
    Agreed! Being on the same page is so helpful. If they were all quiet / flat-affect pre-roller coaster, no one would be annoyed or think you were awkward. Good idea...