• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

need reassurance please and thank you

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
when we were driving the dog to the vet it was like i was existing on a different plane than reality like how i feel when i get really high, except I wasn't high everything felt surreal. Blood doesn't usually bother me, but i found my reaction weird to the whole situation

anyone else have this happen? the only thing I can think of is when I was 5 I had to get stitches but I don't know usually I don't have a reaction at all to injuries.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An out of body experience? It sounds like depersonalization or derealization. I've had these during panic attacks or car accidents or the like. (I'm not sure if this is what you're describing, though.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It might be. I don't know i did feel some what seperate from my body.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I want to know why then, at of all the traumatic experiences in my life why did it happen when the dog got injured?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I depersonalize I almost feel like a spirit who left my body behind, it's hard to talk and stuff. In derealization I still feel in my body but as though there's glass or something surrounding me, I'm in a different realm.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to know why then, at of all the traumatic experiences in my life why did it happen when the dog got injured?

Unsure. I've woken up in the middle of the night in this state. It's like a switch.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
it was scary though I was freaking out but unable to show any emotion whatsoever.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You probably were in some kind of emotional shock over the dog.

It's like the sense of unreality when somebody dies, it doesn't necessarily have to be physical trauma to your own self for this kind of thing to happen.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's like the sense of unreality when somebody dies, it doesn't necessarily have to be physical trauma to your own self for this kind of thing to happen.

Yes. I can agree with that, too. The dog thing. On some level, the situation just pushed a button.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I was sort of thinking that as well. though when people die I don't feel like that.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was sort of thinking that as well. though when people die I don't feel like that.

Yeah, derealization is similar to shock in some ways, but definitely doesn't feel exactly the same. Shock is a normal reaction to grief. Derealization is a pathological reaction to a lot of different things. (In my own experience, anyway.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
now i'm confused. was it shock or derealization?

I'm not sure. Have you ever experienced shock when someone close to you died? I experience shock as though I'm still in the world but going along with a slight feeling of numbness and forgetfulness, and derealization as an actual removal from the world momentarily.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i don't feel anything when someone dies except a little bit of sadness like i cry for five minutes than I'm fine. but everyone I've known who's died been terminally ill and we knew at least days before they passed.it's a selfish sadness because at the same time I'm happy that their suffering is over. and I did feel removed from the world during the situation. I don't know maybe it's shock this whole emotion thing is new to me in a lot a ways

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh okay I've known people who died like from suicide, and I presume it's the same when people get in accidents, when you aren't expecting it and they're relatively young.

I also felt that way when my grandfather died, but that's because he'd been there since the day I was born. He was a more consistent presence in my life than my own mother.