• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

need reassurance please and thank you

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An out of body experience? It sounds like depersonalization or derealization. I've had these during panic attacks or car accidents or the like. (I'm not sure if this is what you're describing, though.)

me too during anxiety attacks and i have some odd subconscious aversion to anything pain related...so when people start talking about an illness or accident or something i start to feel like someone just unplugged me...it's the oddest thing. "i" don't feel like i care...but obviously i do.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I depersonalize I almost feel like a spirit who left my body behind, it's hard to talk and stuff. In derealization I still feel in my body but as though there's glass or something surrounding me, I'm in a different realm.

oooh me too!! i feel like i'm watching myself in this environment but i'm not "really" in it...i don't feel related to the experience at all.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had something like this, except for me it was my own pain I believed. But it might as well be a psychological response that can also be triggered by empathy.

When I was 10 or so me and some friends were building a forest hut, and we were putting tiles in, I was placing the tiles in order and a friend was throwing tiles close to me. As I picked up a tile he trew one right on my finger that got smashed between two tiles.

My nail was all kinds of busted, split and broken and my finger was broken at the center part. I remember walking the mile home without much of a problem, didn't even feel much pain, but when I got home to put my finger under running water, to try and get all the dirt out (impossible to clean the dirt from a busted up nail, lol, it's sticky under there.), I nearly fainted, but it was sort of inbetween being normal and fainting. Everything was very greenish suddenly in my eyes, like a fluorescent green, and all my senses were really strong, as well as the pain, that was on a totally different scale as well, like it was overruling me and my finger was in such a mess that made my stomach swirl. I keep barely keep standing. It was a really strange sensation and I could feel my heartbeat like there was a hammer continiously slamming into my finger. After I got out of that phase the pain returned to a much more normal level, the heartbeat I felt was painful but barable and the pain was okay.