• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

6 'Wuss' Behaviors That Were Once Badass Survival Instincts

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good to know my predisposition toward crying is an evolutionary strength. I think crying also releases chemical toxins from the body, not just like toxins in the deadly sense, but also in the hormonal/neurochemical sense.

I think what trips me out the most is the allergies thing.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting . . . this might explain why I'm an unassertive recluse who gets shaky around strangers, cuase I got great genetics better suited for the wild.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting . . . this might explain why I'm an unassertive recluse who gets shaky around strangers, cuase I got great genetics better suited for the wild.

Why? Humans hunted in packs, strength is not exactly our greatest asset you know...compared to the wild animals.

A very strong and fast animal may hunt alone, but hyenas who are not as strong hunt in packs and are very "social" compared to other animals. It's how they compensate.

Humans too, we compensated through tactics, creativity and hunting in packs.

Good to know my predisposition toward crying is an evolutionary strength. I think crying also releases chemical toxins from the body, not just like toxins in the deadly sense, but also in the hormonal/neurochemical sense.

I think what trips me out the most is the allergies thing.

Crying isn't 'wuss' behavior.

Actually what's considered 'wuss' behavior and it was sort of necessary for survival is danger awareness. Being overly alert all the time would have helped you survive in the wild, but not nowadays. You're cool if you laugh in the face of danger.

The fight or flight response.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's rather wuss behaviour to tell people they are doing wuss behaviour by creating those clear societal rules. That creates a clear image of a person looking like a neanderthal, categorically leaving out people who wont comply.

I think the article is scabrous

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I kinda see crying as a sign of a weak emotional strength tbh. You wouldn't cry if you didn't overly invest yourself in emotions, it's pointless indulgence in a negative feeling, or dwelling on a negative situation, that can't really be good for anything now, can it?

But... I'm not an enneagram 4, so what do I know about emotions, lol.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought you were Elfboy with the badass survival instincts. Bad memory though, I just read this article yesterday on cracked :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's rather wuss behaviour to tell people they are doing wuss behaviour by creating those clear societal rules. That creates a clear image of a person looking like a neanderthal, categorically leaving out people who wont comply.

I think the article is scabrous

Those who don't comply often aren't strong enough to support society. We pick on wuss behaviors as much as we pick on dangerous and selfish behaviors, as well as those who lack skill and strength. If it's been shunned by society, there's a good chance that the people that enact that behavior are not strong enough to support the community, if it's been praised, the opposite applies.

If a social group shuns you for being weak, lazy or fat, then if you're an average person, you're going to be forced to do something about it if you want to have the support of everyone, and then when the time comes, and circumstances beyond your control force you into a terrible situation, you'll be strong enough, fit enough, smart enough (etc.) to survive.

Like most systems that are applied to large numbers of people, there are cases where it doesn't work out well, like smoking, which was reinforced because all of the best people out there were identified by it, but the same procedure can be used to unravel the problem, if smoking becomes perceived as something that wimpy, pathetic retards do, not many people would ever start doing it. This change is already noticeable, in some younger social groups, they shun smokers and drug abusers, they follow "one life, drug free".

If everyone becomes tolerant towards being weak, fat, shy, lazy and selfish people, society will become a teeming mess of maccas abusing, conservative pushovers... kinda like Grimace

grimace1.jpg

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I didn't read it all through, it's too big, but I liked the article. I'm seeing that stuff in Etology, in college. :D

I kinda see crying as a sign of a weak emotional strength tbh. You wouldn't cry if you didn't overly invest yourself in emotions, it's pointless indulgence in a negative feeling, or dwelling on a negative situation, that can't really be good for anything now, can it?

But... I'm not an enneagram 4, so what do I know about emotions, lol.

It's good to cry, to let your bad feeling go away with your tears, to allow yourself to grieve your sadness and then move on, lighter than ever. It has always worked for me, anyways... (enneagram 4 here :p)