Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default The Four Horses, PSI, and MBTI

I have a friend who was a PSI "life coach" for a while (I actually went through the program myself, but I was only in it a few months, I never became a coach or anything while on the other hand she was in PSI for two years) and she reminded of me of the four categories of people in PSI:

Controllers

Promoters

Supporters

Analysts

Would that not correspond to...

Controller = SJ

Promoter = SP

Supporter = NF

Analyst = NT

????

But if so, I remember while I was in the PSI training I was labelled a Promoter, and my particular training group was filled with Promoter-Controllers with very few Supporters or Analysts.

Also, my friend mentioned the mythology of the four horses of the apocolypse in Revelation:

Black = Intellect

Red = Emotion

Pale = Physical

White = Spriritual Purity

She said she thinks I'm more inclined toward the Red horse, although we all "ride the four horses" at one time or another in our lives, and I would agree. I honestly can't think of many people who really lean primarily toward White horse (um...the Dali Llama? Ghandi? Mother Theresa?) so I don't think these correspond as well to the four temperaments.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Maybe they confused your Interaction Style for what amounts to SP, since Get Things Going and SP are both Sanguine, and have some things in common.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Heck, I don't know if they even correlate to the four temperaments. For all I know Promoters are like ExxP and Supporters are IxFJ or IxFP and Analysts are IxTx and Controllers are a mix of ExFJ and assorted xxTJs.

There may not be a good MBTI or Keirsey cross-over.

Wait - what I said actually makes sense...there are four ExxPs...ENFP, ESFP, ESTP, and ENTP...then four IxFP/IxFJ ...INFJ, ISFJ, ISFP. INFP...then there are four IxTx types...ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, INTP...and four ExxJ types...ESFJ, ENFJ, ESTJ, and ENTJ.

Ginkgo

Spiritual... Purity?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Spiritual... Purity?
    Yeah, like that's what you would concern yourself most with. Esoteric spiritual matters and striving to be spiritually pure above all things.

This is actually the first I've heard of the four horses symbolism in relation to human personality preference, actually.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I thought you meant the 4 horses of Apocalypse. hahaha, and what does PSI stand for?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah, like that's what you would concern yourself most with. Esoteric spiritual matters and striving to be spiritually pure above all things.

This is actually the first I've heard of the four horses symbolism in relation to human personality preference, actually.
    Kiersey briefly compares the 4 temperaments to the 4 horsemen and a few other "fours" that mirror the psyche in PUMII.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    I thought you meant the 4 horses of Apocalypse. hahaha, and what does PSI stand for?
    She does mean those.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    This is a basic description of PSI

I did PSI in Vegas, though, not in California. And our final leadership weekend was at a retreat up in the mountains of Nevada.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

P.S. it's not a fucking cult

I was involved with the basic training and leadership program for a few months, it changed my life for the better, taught me a lot of things and helped me psychologically. I never felt compelled to "stay in" nor was I ever pursued in any way by the organization. I still have friends from my training group, but that's understandable since we shared an intense, life-changing therapeutic experience.