Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Yes, I decided to make a lot of money too. Just realize what it costs you to do that and that there are tradeoffs with everything in life.

With respect to enjoying a day at the ocean, if you live in Northern California (as I once did), you can go to Stinson Beach for the day. It only costs the gas that it takes to get there. Going to the beach is only one simple example though. There are hundreds of such things to do.
    I want the power to do spontaneous, crazy stuff like "hmm, I'm going to go to Europe for a month just because I feel like it" or "let's fly to japan for a month, take a month long kenjutsu course and have tea at an authentic tea house every day after practice". outrageous spontaneity requires large amounts of cashflow and liquid capital, the middle and lower classes cannot afford to do things like this
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I want the power to do spontaneous, crazy stuff like "hmm, I'm going to go to Europe for a month just because I feel like it" or "let's fly to japan for a month, take a month long kenjutsu course and have tea at an authentic tea house every day after practice". outrageous spontaneity requires large amounts of cashflow and liquid capital, the middle and lower classes cannot afford to do things like this
    Yep. I get it.

Just think about what I said.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

i've never gone out to look for happiness because i figure it's already mine.
    i guess that's why i never stay unhappy for very long.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

violaine

To the OP, I think it's got to do with being able to shift perspectives.

Someone was telling me about a book they read that demarcates optimists and pessimists in terms of where each lays responsibility for the good and bad things that happen in life. An optimist will think they are responsible for the good things and that some one/thing else is responsible for the bad things. A pessimist is the opposite. Makes a lot of sense to me in terms of hacking one's own perspective.

ThatGirl

I find that a little disturbing.

violaine

^Well, hopefully you are blaming me and then it's all good.

Why disturbing?

Letting go of the past and forging ahead like a fucking bulldozer
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Here is the study I read:

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...016291,00.html

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if that's the sort of shit that is required to make you happy then I hate to break it to you but you are going to have a rather unhappy life

not to mention that money can't buy you love (just gold diggers who really only love your money)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    if that's the sort of shit that is required to make you happy then I hate to break it to you but you are going to have a rather unhappy life

not to mention that money can't buy you love (just gold diggers who really only love your money)
    why am I going to have an unhappy life? are you assuming I'm going to live like a normal person and be unhappy lol
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire