• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

are you schizo

are you schizo

• yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • no, but i have a friend/relative that is

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • possibly not sure

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
any type, schizophrenic, schizoaffective, schizo typal, etc?

p.s. I kept the poll private, because I understand people don't want to reveal certain things and that's respectable.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
any type, schizophrenic, schizoaffective, schizo typal, etc?

My family has a lot of mental illness. One of my aunts is a very progressed stereotypical schizophrenic. (She has that beautiful mind genious/ serious mental illness factor.)

She's actually hilariously funny and very insightful, and brilliant, but unable to function in this world without medications. She's nearly homeless. Our family keeps her independent with a roof over her head. She is well ingrained in the mental health system in her city.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah i heard full blown schizophrenia is worse than schizoaffective, I don't ever want to develop schizophrenia which I'm at risk for unfortunately because schizoaffective can progress to that from my understanding. but I am high functioning but I was a lot higher functioning before i got sick, now i'm average when I should be functioning well above average.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Full blown Schizophrenia is worse than schizoaffective. The recovery rate for schizoaffective people is a lot higher than those with schizophrenia. Schizoaffective is mainly a mood disorder. They are discussing taking it out of the DSM. (Read the bipolar one and the schizoaffective descriptions, they are very very similar). My GAF score is really high. I'm looking forward to my almost normal life.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Avoidant, followed closely by schizotypal and schizoid. (MCMI result from 25 years ago)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Full blown Schizophrenia is worse than schizoaffective. The recovery rate for schizoaffective people is a lot higher than those with schizophrenia. Schizoaffective is mainly a mood disorder. They are discussing taking it out of the DSM. (Read the bipolar one and the schizoaffective descriptions, they are very very similar). My GAF score is really high. I'm looking forward to my almost normal life.

that's if you have the bipolar subtype, I have the depressive subtype. I don't have the mania I have the really bad lows and the psychotic symptoms. I've been told by every single doctor that their is no way I'm bipolar I don't experience mania

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sure hope not. My grandmother had schizophrenia though. Considering that onset is usually late, and I'm only 22...it's worrying.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I started having minor symptoms on and off since I was around 12 wasn't diagnosed til 23 mines very slow progressing which is good.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have most, maybe all of the schizoid traits, but since it hasn't impacted my ability to have a ''normal'' life, I don't think I classify.
I voted ''possibly'' but I really don't care about the possibility.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sure hope not. My grandmother had schizophrenia though. Considering that onset is usually late, and I'm only 22...it's worrying.

I've heard that the average age of onset of schizophrenia is 18 in men and 25 in women.

G

Ginkgo

that's if you have the bipolar subtype, I have the depressive subtype. I don't have the mania I have the really bad lows and the psychotic symptoms. I've been told by every single doctor that their is no way I'm bipolar I don't experience mania

What kinds of psychotic symptoms? Auditory/visual hallucinations?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
both but mostly auditory and some delusions that don't last more than a month at a time, and some tactile ones aswell ie bugs crawling on me feeling like its raining on me when their is no rain i feel it but it simply not possibly happening.

G

Ginkgo

both but mostly auditory and some delusions that don't last more than a month at a time, and some tactile ones aswell ie bugs crawling on me feeling like its raining on me when their is no rain i feel it but it simply not possibly happening.

Interesting but also frightening. :( Best wishes.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Wait, I thought diagnosis was usually in the early 20's?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Late on-set schizophrenia can be diagnosed in the early 30's. This happened to my bff's mother.

Mole

Permabanned
I am taken with the Scottish 'anti-psychiatrist', R.D.Laing, who had a gifted raport with those suffering from schizophenia and who founded Tavistock House in the centre of London where schizophrenics could fully experience their condition in safety and without drugs or social interference.

I read his book, "The Divided Self", and it left a lasting impression.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've heard that the average age of onset of schizophrenia is ... 25 in women.

Which is why I'm worried. :ninja:

There's actually a lot of mental illness in my family...

Grandmother was schizophrenic, mother had histrionic personality disorder & OCD (diagnosed), father suffered from chronic depression, three suicides in the family.

I can pretty much guarantee I'll be hit with something. What it'll be, I don't know. Not happy about this..

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Late on-set schizophrenia can be diagnosed in the early 30's. This happened to my bff's mother.

You've got to be kidding me. So really I have to wait ten years for possible doom? :(

I don't have any symptoms at all now - would people normally have preliminary symptoms before they succumbed to the full-blown schizophrenia?

EDIT: after googling, my risk of getting it is 5%. As opposed to the general population's 1%. Which, fortunately, is still low - even though it's 5x the risk.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yes they usually have prelimary symptoms. though their might be cases where they don't.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes they usually have prelimary symptoms. though their might be cases where they don't.

I was going to mention that. I don't know much about it. In the case of my aunt, they knew she had something going on from childhood. The brought her to the doc when she had her first visual hallucination in her 20's.