User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

I always thought this was the definition of Ni. Maybe I'm not an INTJ after all, then.
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OmarFW View Post
    being sensitive to emotions is not solely an Fi or Fe thing as Ti and Te preferred types can be just as sensitive to that kind of thing as well.

[...]

that involves Fi, but it is actually more of an Si thing. Since Si is your inferior function your high sensitivity would more likely originate from there than anywhere else.
    i actually think it's more of a Ne/Fi thing - though i know Si is interlaced. i'm talking about sensitivity not to my own emotions, but to those of others - i can pick up on someone's emotional state pretty much instantaneously and i can almost immediately "get on their level" emotionally. not in terms of my own emotions, but in terms of my bearing - match my overall bodily "feel".

sensitivity to emotion as an ENFP may represent some kind of projection of ethics onto something current. perhaps there are some past emotions you place value in that you have not come to terms with just yet?

i actually have no idea what you mean?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I always thought this was the definition of Ni. Maybe I'm not an INTJ after all, then.
    Nah, it's just a trait unto itself.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I would have thought that working in nursing and that sort of thing would be quite difficult if you are very sensitive emotionally and otherwise. I'm pretty squeamish in terms of dealing with others' sickness and bodily functions and all the rest (not particularly proud of that, but it's true) so I doubt I could handle it on that level, but I find it difficult to be around people who are very ill or dying (which I have been at times in my life, especially in my late teens when quite a few family members and friends died) - because I just want to cry, I feel so sad. I can hold it together when with them but feel overwhelmed and will definitely cry when I'm away from the person or their family members and won't upset them further.

I've felt really stupid sometimes, actually. I've been around people near death, and their family, and they all seem fairly calm (though some of it may be shock, I guess). Whereas I'm teetering on the edge of bursting into big sobs. The only reason that I don't is because I figure I'm there to be a comforting and encouraging presence, as a friend, and bursting into tears wouldn't help that much...
    Oh lord the awkwardness is overwhelming sometimes. I'm not squeamish about the bodily fluids, but the emotional factor is there. I'm pretty sure I cried every single day for three months after entering health care. Now I find it best to block some things from my awareness or to try to see a lot of good that comes out of it. I already have a library of hundreds of stories at this point in my relatively short career.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i actually think it's more of a Ne/Fi thing - though i know Si is interlaced. i'm talking about sensitivity not to my own emotions, but to those of others - i can pick up on someone's emotional state pretty much instantaneously and i can almost immediately "get on their level" emotionally. not in terms of my own emotions, but in terms of my bearing - match my overall bodily "feel".
    I get drained by others sometimes in an emotional way, and it's not a Fi thing (I don't think)--I don't feel their emotions, but I can imagine what it would be like to be in that situation, and I want to make their lives easier. It's kind of taking empathy to the next level, but it's hard for me sometimes to just draw a barrier.

Picked up the Highly Sensitive Person book at the library this week, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hmm.. I just realized there is another thread on this, but then saw that it turned into the usual stuff. Glad I started a new one.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I get drained by others sometimes in an emotional way, and it's not a Fi thing (I don't think)--I don't feel their emotions, but I can imagine what it would be like to be in that situation, and I want to make their lives easier. It's kind of taking empathy to the next level, but it's hard for me sometimes to just draw a barrier.

Picked up the Highly Sensitive Person book at the library this week, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
    Yea, it's terrible... I don't think I actually imagine what it's like to be that person consciously though. It's just an energy thing. Not a fan of feeling what the other person feels if they feel like a miserable wreck. I think that's why I spend a lot of time trying to cheer people up. It's selfish in the end, really. I'm just trying to indirectly cheer myself up.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    hmm, seems more of an enneagram related thing honestly.
    I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    So, I have this problem. Once in a while, (usually out of the blue, possibly under perceived threat/ stress), I go through phases of high anxiety leading to fatigue and depression.

During my psych clinical a while back, the patients were supposed to take a test about hypersensitivity/highly sensitive people. (I took the test in my head myself as I read over it.) I found that a lot of the anxieties that I have could possibly be due to that. I read further into it, and fit the bill for someone who is highly sensitive at times. (Taking in a lot of subtle details in depth, becoming overwhelmed, overly sensitive, insecure, paranoid, very empathic. I don't withdraw, though. In fact, I talk more.) It's not extreme to the point where I'm out of reality, but very uncomfortable. It could almost be super functioning if there wasn't the emotional factor to go along with it. That part is debilitating. It's a sense of greatly heightened awareness.
    (It's always just a phase, 1 to 6 months or so of depression and/or anxiety.)

In general it impacts my functioning just a little bit, where I am able to perform at the minimum to keep my life normal. I'm going through one of these phases at the moment, and the old techniques seem to be just a quick fix lately.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Wow, its erie how much I can relate to what youv'e said....it's like your best qualities turn around and poison you. I work in a non traditional trade for a women and it is important for me to be taken seriously and not get "emotional", but even though woodworking is something is a calling for me, the environment is definaitly not! Also I can't explain how deeply I feel for someone that is hurting....I feel such an intense amount of pain for people when I know thier hurting that in some cases (especially is a child is abused in anyway) I feel physically sick and profoundly hurt for them.
    Also about your I talk more comment, I find that too....I can be having a mild anxiety attack, and be joking my ass off....I'm on fire (LOL).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OmarFW
    hmm, seems more of an enneagram related thing honestly.
    maybe so. it just always seemed to me to correspond well to Ne's ability to see an overall pattern and then just having comfort/familiarity of intrapersonal landscapes thanks to Fi.