First 678

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    At school? Yeah, a bit. At work? More so.

Apparently people's fear that they will be labelled as thick doesn't go away with age. I still get these problems even when dealing with people in their sixties. It seems that admitting you're not as bright as some people is a big step. It also causes problems if you've been taught to treat people as your equal unless they prove they deserve otherwise.
    I don't see that as much in workplace. People are as complimentary towards smarts as they were in elementary school (Not middle and high) I see that once people grow older they have a better sense of who they are, what they are good at in relation to people around them, and what people around them are better at in comparison to themselves. (More perspective.) I am often pleased with people's insights. That is all my own work experience, though.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

In elementary school I used to be very popular, because I was smart, but when I went to high school I turned extremely impopular, not because I was smart (it was barely noticed and later on my intelligence even faded away), but because I was assertive and rebellious. Assertiveness and rebelliousness weren't tolerated in high school.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I love smart people. <33333 Always have. That includes when I was a kid. And since I still am in many ways, it's all good. ;D
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ

Know who's really unpopular? Ugly kids.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    I'M NOT UGLY! WAH! (Runs away crying, calling my mom)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Mehh, they said I was ugly in high school, but when I look back at the pictures from that time I was actually kinda pretty.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Mehh, they said I was ugly in high school, but when I look back at the pictures from that time I was actually kinda pretty.
    Yea, kids are mean. I had a sixth grade picture taken and the teacher left it on the desk. A couple of boys were making fun of it when I went to the classroom. It was devastating. Looking back, it's a very pretty picture. (My fifth, sixth, eighth, and 11th grade pictures are all quite cute. I had a couple of okay senior ones.) I wish I had it and I would post it.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I love smart people. <33333 Always have. That includes when I was a kid. And since I still am in many ways, it's all good. ;D
    I used to hate it when very smart kids would latch onto me and try to be my BFF. I always felt like it made me look dorkier. Though, that was kind of mean. I had a korean friend in high school, she was very very smart but didn't have many friends. (Directly from Korea, transferred over.) Looking back she was one of the sweetest kids I knew!! I wish I kept in touch. The brazillian friend on the other hand. She was an ESFP. SUPER FUN! I was her first friend over here, but was easily able to assimilate her with everyone else. SHE was the one who stopped writing. I guess I deserve a taste of my own stupid high school medicine!!

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I used to hate it when very smart kids would latch onto me and try to be my BFF.
    The nerds just wanted to borrow a little piece of whatever you were doing right socially.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I always felt like it made me look dorkier. Though, that was kind of mean. I had a korean friend in high school, she was very very smart but didn't have many friends. (Directly from Korea, transferred over.) Looking back she was one of the sweetest kids I knew!! I wish I kept in touch. The brazillian friend on the other hand. She was an ESFP. SUPER FUN! I was her first friend over here, but was easily able to assimilate her with everyone else. SHE was the one who stopped writing. I guess I deserve a taste of my own stupid high school medicine!!
    Yes, the assimilating part is what I was talking about above. I've found that, for some reason, some kids want to be popular, including a lot of unpopular kids. They were just trying to use you to get a foot in the door.

On the other hand, a lot of the unpopular kids didn't give a shit about popularity, and still don't (e.g., yours truly).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

One advantage of being me is that I actually want to be independant and would hate it to belong. Therefore people usually werent able to make me feel sad about not belonging to some place.

The sad thing is that I never really belonged to anyone or anything, I mean look at me I am posting in an american online forum, how more far from my home could I be ? Well I'm not sad about this cause I made many friends here and I feel I belong here, if people would hug me more I'd prolly only would back out and run away. Still I think the day when you really belong somewhere 100% is never going to happen and therefore is all belonging you give yourself just a subjective way of seeing things, which can be changed everytime. What gives hope tho and what is important is where the heart belongs; cause people who love you are for real and it is the prime base of belonging overlooked too often by people
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]