User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile Gratitude

As I lay in the Intensive Care Ward I looked up and saw all my vital signs running across the monitors beside the bed.

I noticed they were all waves moving along. And I was told that if the waves became small, so small they flat-lined, I would have nothing to worry about.

But I did worry. I worried whether you would support me as I strengthened the waves of my vital signs.

All I need is three weeks, for three weeks is all it will take to form a habit that will strengthen my vital signs.

So I call upon you to support me for three weeks - I particularly call upon my insignificant other, my amanuensis and my contretemps and even you, yes you, to support me for three weeks as I form a new life habit and you earn my gratitude.

Lol welcome back and good luck Vic.

Here's a homeless polar bear to help you rest easy.

You may be on a biofeedback machine, but at least you're not poor and endangered. I think.

5w4 sp/sx

Get well soon, little kangaroo!

I brought you a friend to keep you company.

What happened?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

i love you.

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    5w4 sp/so

Warmest wishes to you, Victor.

Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

5w6 sp/so
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And I was told that if the waves became small, so small they flat-lined, I would have nothing to worry about.
    It would be off-putting if I was told that by someone else. In other words "Surely you've got nothing to worry about if you die." Always great to know...

Victor what happened?? Rest up, heal up, take care of yourself.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Banned Array

After a while consciousness returned to the shattered man, and he saw Zarathustra kneeling beside him. "What are you doing there”? said he at last, "I knew long ago that the devil would trip me up. Now he drags me to hell: will you prevent him”? "On my honour, my friend," answered Zarathustra, "all you have spoken about does not exist: there is no devil and no hell. Your soul will be dead even before your body: fear, therefore, nothing any more”! The man looked up distrustfully. "If you speak the truth," said he, "I lose nothing when I lose my life. I am not much more than an animal which has been taught to dance by blows and starvation”. "Not at all," said Zarathustra, "You have made danger your calling; In that there is nothing contemptible. Now you perish by your calling: so will I bury you with my own hands”. When Zarathustra had said this the dying one did not reply further; but he moved his hand as if he sought the hand of Zarathustra in gratitude.

Hey Victor, there's more living to do. Get some rest and you'll be back on the horse in no time.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

Get well soon (sending positive thoughts)

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
    If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something
    For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
    During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
    Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
    Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
    They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
    Because it means you’ve made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
    A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
    also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
    Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
    and they can become your blessings.

Author Unknown
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe