• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gratitude

Mole

Permabanned
As I lay in the Intensive Care Ward I looked up and saw all my vital signs running across the monitors beside the bed.

I noticed they were all waves moving along. And I was told that if the waves became small, so small they flat-lined, I would have nothing to worry about.

But I did worry. I worried whether you would support me as I strengthened the waves of my vital signs.

All I need is three weeks, for three weeks is all it will take to form a habit that will strengthen my vital signs.

So I call upon you to support me for three weeks - I particularly call upon my insignificant other, my amanuensis and my contretemps and even you, yes you, to support me for three weeks as I form a new life habit and you earn my gratitude.

G

Ginkgo

Lol welcome back and good luck Vic.

Here's a homeless polar bear to help you rest easy.

homelessbear.jpg

You may be on a biofeedback machine, but at least you're not poor and endangered. I think.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Get well soon, little kangaroo!

I brought you a friend to keep you company.

model-loretta-north-with-small-kangaroos-at-the-australian-embassy-putting-a-sick-kangaroo-to-bed.jpg

What happened?

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Warmest wishes to you, Victor.

:hug:

get_well_soon_graphics_14.gif

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And I was told that if the waves became small, so small they flat-lined, I would have nothing to worry about.
It would be off-putting if I was told that by someone else. In other words "Surely you've got nothing to worry about if you die." Always great to know...

gromit

likes this
Victor what happened?? Rest up, heal up, take care of yourself.

Within

Permabanned
After a while consciousness returned to the shattered man, and he saw Zarathustra kneeling beside him. "What are you doing there”? said he at last, "I knew long ago that the devil would trip me up. Now he drags me to hell: will you prevent him”? "On my honour, my friend," answered Zarathustra, "all you have spoken about does not exist: there is no devil and no hell. Your soul will be dead even before your body: fear, therefore, nothing any more”! The man looked up distrustfully. "If you speak the truth," said he, "I lose nothing when I lose my life. I am not much more than an animal which has been taught to dance by blows and starvation”. "Not at all," said Zarathustra, "You have made danger your calling; In that there is nothing contemptible. Now you perish by your calling: so will I bury you with my own hands”. When Zarathustra had said this the dying one did not reply further; but he moved his hand as if he sought the hand of Zarathustra in gratitude.

Jaguar

Hey Victor, there's more living to do. Get some rest and you'll be back on the horse in no time.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Get well soon :hug: (sending positive thoughts)

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.

Author Unknown

I wish you the time to enjoy your worries. Feel better soon.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Teddybears hugging marshmallow lilypads on the wings of an angel.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I will support you, Victor. When do we start? :)

Mole

Permabanned
Get well soon, little kangaroo!
What happened?

The Intensive Care Ward illustrated the wave nature of our metabolism and psyche.

And this illustration was to explain my next project.

In this wave project I will increase the amplitude of my metabolic waves and so the amplitude of the waves of my psyche.

In short, at regular five minute intervals I will increase my heart rate then reduce my heart rate over fifty minutes. And at the same time every five minutes I will become euphoric then relaxed over fifty minutes.

The point is to increase the amplitude of my metabolic waves and the waves of my psyche.

Carrying out this exercise over three weeks I can expect to go through emotional and physical changes. And going through these changes I will be vulnerable and that is why I ask for your support for three weeks.

In sport this exercise is called interval training. And it trains the athlete, not only in strength, but also in recovery.

Jaguar

Can you cut to the chase and tell me if they diagnosed you with arrythmia?

Mole

Permabanned
I will support you, Victor. When do we start? :)

I knew I could count on my insignificant other.

Every day I will report the result of the interval training. I will report the physical changes and the changes in my psyche.

Also I would be happy to discuss the ideas behind the exercise I call 5X5X5 in Wave Theory.

I call it 5X5X5 because I will dance for five minutes, sit for five minutes and do this five times. It takes fifty minutes.

And 5X5X5 not only changes my metabolism but it also changes my psyche every five minutes. So that as I dance I become euphoric and as I sit the relaxation response kicks in and I deeply relax.

My purpose is to form a daily habit of 5X5X5, and as it takes three weeks to form a habit, I am pleased with your support over three weeks.

Mole

Permabanned
The Odyssey

I am getting closer to the start of my 21 day odyssey.

I am starting to feel nervous as I should as I am about to embark on a major change to my metabolism and my psyche.

And just as Odysseus journeyed in search of himself for Ancient Greece, I journey in search of myself for modern Oz.

And as Odysseus made a journey in the physical world, I am making a journey in my psyche.

My journey is between two poles - euphoria and deep relaxation.

When should I begin my odyssey? And will you keep in touch?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Victor, the next time you might want to be more careful with your choice of metaphor or people might feel they have been taken for a ride.

Just out of curiosity, what is this experiment based on?