• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robot Love.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was a case of a serial killer I studied once, who was a severe introvert, but yet craved human company. But because of his repellent personality (which itself was due to mental disorders), people would just leave him and not come back. He was so lonely and crazy he'd invite people over to his place and kill them (so they couldn't leave him) and them prop them up on the sofa and just sit and watch TV with them there. It was the only way he felt he could be with other people.

I know which one you're talking about -- I believe he was in England, but I forgot his name. I think a robot companion would be perfect for him.

Uber the fact that you associate 'giving' with 'rejection' I find quite poignant... I don't want to assume but it does remind me of things my daughter says, who also has Asperger's. See, for most people, 'giving' is something that's rewarding because the person you give to is made happy and appreciates you for that. But in the case of my daughter, and the other Asperger's people we've met through her support group, giving is tightly bound up with rejection because their autism prevents them from being able to accurately assess what another person wants, so even with the best and sweetest of motives, their attempts at 'giving' often end up with them being yelled at, judged or hated...

I just wondered if that might have some resonance with you?

I never intended this to be about me. I never brought up my own problems. I just stated my philosophical view that I think everyone is like this. So if this is going to be about me, then let's continue the discussion in my blog.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I just thought it was relevant to the discussion... but as you wish :)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Am I th only one that thinks of the song Radar Love when reading this threads title?

... and they called it Robot Love ...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ladies seemed to like Alex Murphy (AKA Robocop), too! :D

And, of course, let's not forget about these:

fembot02.jpg