Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    There was a case of a serial killer I studied once, who was a severe introvert, but yet craved human company. But because of his repellent personality (which itself was due to mental disorders), people would just leave him and not come back. He was so lonely and crazy he'd invite people over to his place and kill them (so they couldn't leave him) and them prop them up on the sofa and just sit and watch TV with them there. It was the only way he felt he could be with other people.
    I know which one you're talking about -- I believe he was in England, but I forgot his name. I think a robot companion would be perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Uber the fact that you associate 'giving' with 'rejection' I find quite poignant... I don't want to assume but it does remind me of things my daughter says, who also has Asperger's. See, for most people, 'giving' is something that's rewarding because the person you give to is made happy and appreciates you for that. But in the case of my daughter, and the other Asperger's people we've met through her support group, giving is tightly bound up with rejection because their autism prevents them from being able to accurately assess what another person wants, so even with the best and sweetest of motives, their attempts at 'giving' often end up with them being yelled at, judged or hated...

I just wondered if that might have some resonance with you?
    I never intended this to be about me. I never brought up my own problems. I just stated my philosophical view that I think everyone is like this. So if this is going to be about me, then let's continue the discussion in my blog.

MBTI
    ENTP

I just thought it was relevant to the discussion... but as you wish
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    xNTP

Am I th only one that thinks of the song Radar Love when reading this threads title?

... and they called it Robot Love ...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Ladies seemed to like Alex Murphy (AKA Robocop), too!

And, of course, let's not forget about these: