First 34567 Last

Thread: Robot Love.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Nah. I couldn't go on with a pre-programed robot like that.

But I'd definitely support civil unions for all you robot lovers.
    Last edited by nemo; 03-26-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: clarity
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Technically, how is that any different than finding out he's got a "real" other woman on the side? A really perfect one? (Or maybe you'd still feel the same; I'm not assuming anything here.)
    It's different because the robot is perfect, so it would be ludicrous of me to feel insecure, because there would be NO competition, by definition. You can't compete with perfection. And no competition means no jealousy, for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I also would not live with a man who kept a sex robot around. If he wanted to play around with a bot, he could just go off on his own and do so. GodI am not going to be jumping for joy and all that my SO would rather discharge his sexual energy on a robot while I twiddle my thumbs in the corner or something. I mean think about it, if he has a sex bot, that's less sex for the wife so why would she be happy about that?
    I'm personally starting with the assumption that my SO would NOT be "discharging his sexual energy on a robot while I twiddle my thumbs in the corner or something" - not without my consent anyway If he did, he wouldn't be my *SO*, now, would he?

And if he did, I'd be going to have some fun with MY robot anyway

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    I'm personally starting with the assumption that my SO would NOT be "discharging his sexual energy on a robot while I twiddle my thumbs in the corner or something" - not without my consent anyway If he did, he wouldn't be my *SO*, now, would he?

And if he did, I'd be going to have some fun with MY robot anyway
    Why even be married if two people are going to spend all their sexual energy masterbating via sex toys connected to computer chips? What's the point? Once the teens are over and one is gets into real relations, masterbation is really sort of boring anyway. Not much point to it. The main point to sex to me is making an initmate connection with someone else and their consciousness, their spirit, that is what is most exciting about sexual contact. A robot has none. Anyway, just my view.

It would be like stripping what is left of real humanity from our lives completely.

MBTI
    INFJ

The main point to sex to me is making an initmate connection with someone else and their consciousness, their spirit, that is what is most exciting about sexual contact.
    Sometimes yes. And sometimes it's really just about the drive, and that's where a robot can come in handy.

Not to mention, of course, that quite often the two partners simply don't have the same level of sex drive: one wants it more often than the other. A robot would allow both partners to be fully satisfied.

And there are the personal quirks too. Say you like this or that but your partner really isn't into it. A robot could be the answer, every once in a while.

One could even argue that some fantasies would be better carried out with a robot than with a live partner.

Sex is a lot of different things to everyone. It even changes as people get older. An ever-willing robot could help with the rougher transition patches. As long as it isn't used as a total replacement for the human partner, of course.

heart on fire

Sometimes yes. And sometimes it's really just about the drive, and that's where a robot can come in handy.

Not to mention, of course, that quite often the two partners simply don't have the same level of sex drive: one wants it more often than the other. A robot would allow both partners to be fully satisfied.

And there are the personal quirks too. Say you like this or that but your partner really isn't into it. A robot could be the answer, every once in a while.

One could even argue that some fantasies would be better carried out with a robot than with a live partner.

Sex is a lot of different things to everyone. It even changes as people get older. An ever-willing robot could help with the rougher transition patches. As long as it isn't used as a total replacement for the human partner, of course.
    How can there possibly be "full" satisfaction with a tin can, there is no soul no real human connection. This is my objection. It would look human, minic human behavior but it is not human. That's just gut grippingly creepy to me.

MBTI
    INFJ

How can there possibly be "full" satisfaction with a tin can, there is no soul no real human connection.
    Considering what I can do to myself with just my imagination, a robot would definitely have potential, believe me !

heart on fire

Considering what I can do to myself with just my imagination, a robot would definitely have potential, believe me !
    You are human, with a human imagination. That's not creepy. But add in a bot and it gets creepy. Well, just my opinion, Fi probably has a different take than Ni. To me sex with out human spiritual connection just isn't that exciting an idea and rather cold blooded.

Anyway, I don't want to beat a dead horse or anything. (no pun intended!)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Everyone who watches Futurama knows that when a human dates a robot that can only lead to tragedy! :horor:

here's the PSA warning against human + robot relationships!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Yeah, me too. I've always had that talk whenever things start to get serious. I've never actually encountered a robot (that I'm aware of), but I always ask, just to be on the safe side. The relationship always seems to fall apart at that point. I don't know why. Hey, maybe they really are, and I'm on to them!
    I remember that talk, but your physiology read a slight increase in blood pressure and temperature along with subtle muscular tension around the mouth and eyes suggesting you were prepared for a statement to falsify the question. Once pieces of my head fell off, it became necessary to state fact and here we are.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Yes, it would matter, and I'd probably end it. Shortly before hunting down and hurting the person who sent the letter (this seems to be one of those ignorance is bliss cases).