User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Robot Love.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Just to be clear, these will be extremely lifelike cyborgs, right? Like the T-X in Terminator 3?
    If you have to be told it's a robot, then probably - unless you are extremely unobservant like many other iNtuitives.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTj

Just to be clear, these will be extremely lifelike cyborgs, right? Like the T-X in Terminator 3?
    Yup. You would have never known if it weren't for the letter you got in the mail.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I want to have a relationship with Toonia's avatar.

EDIT: Dare I say that NPG was inspired by A.I. when she created this thread?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I want to have a relationship with Toonia's avatar.
    You are certainly welcome to do that. She is downloadable. I'm guessing an actual robot would be a step up for you from there.

I would be really jazzed to find out I had a personal connection like that with a robot. Life would suddenly get incredibly interesting. I would be in a state of continual fascination. How could you just continue on like nothing happened? It would be incredible, even if not emotionally reassuring. I really want a robot and an orangutan now for friendship and psychological research.

btw awesome thread
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ

You can't cheat on a robot, and you can't cheat on someone with a robot, so... I'd definitely keep the robot at home for comfort and emotional support, and I'd go around looking for a *second* relationship, with - hopefully - a human being this time. My very own kind of menage a trois

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

That would be a major problem for me. I seriously doubt I could get over the fact that it's not human. The entire relationship would be a preprogrammed fabrication. Besides that, you have issues of procreation and aging, not to mention legal issues like can a robot own property? If I die, could I leave my wealth to my robot partner? No thanks. I'll stick with imperfect humans.

I wonder how much everyone's responses are affected by their success with the opposite sex (or same sex if you're a homosexual).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

would the robot be made of flesh? I don't think I'd be all for sleeping with a non-flesh humanoid forevermore- I can get a much smaller model for that And if it's metal I'd have to get a tetanus shot And would it be able to eat food, get drunk, get injured, get sick and feel tired? Those are all interesting things that people do! I don't think I'd like to sleep with something that didn't get tired *shudder*

Also, would the robot be unpredictable? Unpredictability is much more interesting than getting what I want all of the time!

*whatever is now trapped in a mental bind of thinking of all the cool things that humans can do and wondering if technology will ever be able to replicate them*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Thus far, there are only two INTx types, to which the inquiry was directed, who posted in this thread.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Thus far, there are only two INTx types, to which the inquiry was directed, who posted in this thread.
    but the question was interesting and I wanted to answer it!

plus- she said that she wants an INT perspective and wants to be able to compare it to other types- hence the cross posting on INTPc and here!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

She wanted to compare it to the perspectives of other types. How is she going to do that without their input?