• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How long could you go without the internet?

How long could you go without the internet?

• Total voters

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
I could go my whole life, but it wouldn't be as fun.

1. I'm still in school and too forgetful of details such as MY FLASH DRIVE. I don't know how long I would last without online word processing and storage. Same goes for just about any other webware, actually.

2. It would be a relative pain in the ass going through the library for something I could find through Google in a heartbeat.

3. I don't have decent transportation and I live in an area where everything is widely spaced-- pretty much everyone I want to talk to is out of reach without the internet.

What earlier generations need to understand is that the computer is not an idiot box, it is an interactive tool-- I'd gladly throw it away if I could teleport to and from my friends' houses (but most my friends are guys, so my parents probably wouldn't be too happy with that).

I'd be fine. It would only be a hardship if only I coudn't get on the internet and everyone else could.
!!!!!!

4. I use my phone, but... you can't share pictures, facial expressions, videos, etc. through a phone, nor is it acceptable to switch between eight conversations at once. The way I see it, phones are for appointments and "Are you here yet?" calls.

TL;DR: If the internet went down RIGHT NOW, I would instantly flip out about how I can't look up events near me for the night, or buy tickets online, or use MapQuest to get there. I would be 345723475893475x more screwy with adrenaline and doing stupid shit, and I can imagine my behavior wouldn't be too different from how I could act if the world was ending. I NEED something to occupy my mind.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could survive the rest of my life without Internet, though it would take a lot of getting used to. I'd probably feel pretty sick without it for the first few months to a year, especially since I've become so accustomed to it.

I would suffer since it's where I do most of my socialization, and spend my downtime doing things like playing games or listening to music. I'd have to find some viable alternatives. Also, I'd be miserable if I had to go clothes shopping in-person again, yuck. I'd be fine going back to learning through books and such, or through in-person classes, it would be slower but I find gaining knowledge in that way to be powerful.

It would be a lot worse if it just permanently went down tomorrow than if I had some months to prepare. I'd like to be able to compile a bunch of music into an MP3 like the old days first.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
me, already breaking down, putting every scrap of my IT knowledge to the test in a tangle of wires: the thread said nothing about no LAN-

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would'nt make it 10 minutes before I immediately devolved to slinging poo and mososalavic grunting as my only form of communication.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I once detoxed for a month. so I'll say a month.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would'nt make it 10 minutes before I immediately devolved to slinging poo and mososalavic grunting as my only form of communication.

Me too.

Lark

I'd be fine without it, I'm fairly adaptable to changes of that character.

Although, its a handy way of managing a lot of things and serves a bunch of purposes. I know there's a lot of people addicted to it and its not substitute for living, as some people imagine, but its overall a net good. At least I think. I remember prior to the net and a lot of things were more of a chore and there was a lot less convenience about A LOT of things.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I am simultaneously addicted and crave total and permanent global destruction of the internet. It's the best and worst product of mankind. Most of us are worthless without it, which is pathetic as fuck.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I make my money off the internet. Theoretically I might go 3 months without it.

In reality, half a day. Like in, let's make a challenge. Wow! UnitofPopulation went half a day without the internet!

In the other extreme, someone might write that I went 3 months without internet. But they would expect that I found the bigfoot or several ufos while doing it.