User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Avatars

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    What about people that have self avatars like me?
    Straight to the gas chamber you go.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Mine is usually an extension to what i'm thinking/feeling.

I've found it hard to find an image which encompasses my very being. Everything in one image, not a chance in hell.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    Sometimes I choose an avatar based on the character of the avatar in relation to mines. It could be the avatar has a similar personality.
    This. I love the manga, and she's one of the fictional characters that I most identify with.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

My avatar choices are intentional. I use the subliminal conveying of colours to allow difference in one's perception when the avatar is seen. I had used black and red at some point to adhere to a more aggressive impression in order for others to more easily debate with me on topics at a stronger level than normal. Blue is used for the more analytical impression and green and yellow for a more tranquil peaceful projection. On a subconscious level avatars do indeed, whether on a microscopic scale or quite the large scale, affect others in their thoughts upon you.
    Usernames and posts tend to also have the same affect.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

well my avatar is my own hand, i broke my pinky at work few years ago. how it represents me, is that im still keep on rocking even with some broken bones . or actually this keeping on rocking with broken bones is more of an metaphor that can be described to represent me. its not about devil horns in heavy metal concert
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I chose this avatar for being an Ne.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

My avatar is actually me- sort of. I made it based off of a picture of me, and I feel it represents me in a way. I usually have a reason for choosing the avatar that I do, before this I had a 'rainbow monster' but everyone thought I was a girl so I changed it to this one.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

If I'm picking an avatar with little time, or without an image previously in mind, it tends to either be boisterous/"for the lulz" or an edited image of myself.
    Otherwise, I mull over one until the thought of the image eats away at me until I make it my avatar. This is very rare. My profile picture was my avatar for a long time, and I do view it as symbolism for myself. It is of a more recent Amanda Palmer having killed the version of herself from The Dresden Dolls. I view it as a triumph over self, new beginning, and just aesthetically appealing overall. She is also the one person I truly admire and who deeply inspires me.

My current avatar was drawn for me in a close friend's Tarot deck. It's a beautiful deck, and a beautiful card. It symbolizes balance and harmony, which is what I strive for. The aesthetic appeal of the card itself was eating away at me for 2-3 weeks before I just had to use it.

I'd imagine a lot of people want something that accurately depicts them, but that's difficult when there are so many different facets to a person. Furthermore, if a person is confused about themselves. Even more so if they just can't seem to stumble on something that feels right enough.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

garbage

I end up pondering over what others' avatars indicate about them as well. But then, some might choose an avatar that is intended to project a certain image, which may or may not reflect who they actually are. So you might get some timid as hell guy who chooses Wolverine for an avatar. As others have said, avatars do give and receive impressions, on a level that might be beyond consciousness.

I do not play such games, however; I am literally a vaccuum-sealed pack of bologna, and I would not expect anyone to delve deeper into my avatar choice.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My avatar is a character I find to be amazing and attractive. Idealism! :workout: Traditionally I'd choose an avatar that has meaning to me and maybe one other person (sometimes we'll match them!) The less clear the meaning to observers, the better. Can't match with a friend on here, though, and I don't have friends on here to begin with.