User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    I guess I was a mix of Fe and Ni in those days. Both seemed to be strong. I was much more focused on where I wanted to be when I was older. I couldn't wait till I was in my 20s and had a job (and at the time I thought that I would have a family). I did not feel comfortable in my own skin then... I felt like a misplaced adult in the kids world. Never understood why people weren't more respecting towards each other, and why other students were late to class and irresponsible. Although, I was quite a sensitive and irritable child... if someone didn't accept my ideas in a group, I would become frustrated. Didn't work very well in group work at all. Sometimes I would spend way too much time to get a task done because I was so stubborn to get the correct answer. While I was caring towards others, and didn't mind spending time with other people, I didn't mind spending time playing on my own... playing pretend mostly. I was in the middle between extroversion and introversion. When interacting with others, it felt like I was zoning in on the person and connecting with them. But at the same time, I was comfortable on my own. Was a very studious child, loved learning. Very focused on what I wanted out of life, or others in general. I wanted people to show more kindness, consideration, and be an individual. I hated it when people would make fun of others because they were different, or ones that would make fun of me.

    I guess indicative of Ni, Fe, and Ti.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I remember being really sad a chick I had died when the cat scared it. Just the feeling in my body, the emotions, and controlling it. I also remember the feeling when I won a ride to school on the back of a pick up on my birthday and invited all my friends. I don't know what functions they are but those two kinds seem to be pretty characteristic.
    Sounds like Fi and Se to me.

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Sounds like Fi and Se to me.
    Wolfy, you're so meta.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Wolfy, you're so meta.
    I had to look that up.

    A term, especially in art, used to characterize something that is characteristically self-referential.

    "So I just saw this film about these people making a movie, and the movie they were making was about the film industry..."
    "Dude, that's so meta. Stop before my brain explodes."


    So, I have always been meta. What function is that?

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I had to look that up.

    A term, especially in art, used to characterize something that is characteristically self-referential.

    "So I just saw this film about these people making a movie, and the movie they were making was about the film industry..."
    "Dude, that's so meta. Stop before my brain explodes."


    So, I have always been meta. What function is that?
    Probably Fi. I'm self-referential too.

  6. #36
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Prolly nobody believes me but my first words were "light on" and "light off"[...] I was standing in the living room and switched the main light on and off saying, lights on and lights off rofl. Must have been the demon child

    I 've been as a child constantly been fascinated by lights of all sorts. Until today I like nice ambient lightining and nearly all of my electroniic and mechanical projects have some sort of background lightning or signal lightning which is actually not needed by the devices main function. Well... guess its too late to ponder if I could be crazy
    NTPs

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    59

    Default

    In nursery school, I was an introvert. I observed others and thought things like : she must be the leader / I want the same cake / the Tooth Fairy isn't supposed to give you a monopoly therefore she doesn't exist. I spend a lot of time alone in the sandbox.

    I also ate a leaf in order to see whether I would die or not.

    According to my parents, my teachers would have say that I was extremely inattentive, immature and always disturbing the class because I couldn't stay still - strangely enough, I don't remember that part. lol


    --

    Some of my activities as a child, apart from playing with dolls and cars and having a strong tendency to dress as a witch or an indian chief or a cow boy (yes, I was really into normal gender roles XD and I always loved role playing with some fantasy/scifi themes) were :
    -learning braille and wishing I had a blind friend so I could write to them,
    -making spiders with paper, giving them names and telling everyone why spiders aren't monsters,
    -trying to see what a colour blind perso saw when they did the tests,
    -learning about the clouds and weather and boring everyone with it,
    -learning random scientific facts (and then, ask why it is that way and tell people when they were wrong),
    -making an experiment with some cheese and coke in order to create a new virus,
    -pick up a dead bird to see if the feathers would disappear with the body and also because I liked feathers (I was young, it's not so insane),
    -asking disturbing questions about the probablity that I could have been somebody else,
    -eating disgusting mixtures as an experiment (conclusion : I won't be a chef),
    -having an imaginary friend from the dark side of the moon who talked a language with numbers.

    I was also very bossy toward my brother and screamed everytime he tried to annoy me as well.

    And sometimes I took idioms very literaly and was disappointed that some things that seemed cool in my mind didn't happen.

    I was soooo nice !
    Feel no shame for what you are...

    INTP
    5w4 or 5w6 sp/so

  8. #38
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I remember going into an Ni-Ti loop for hours so I could entertain myself.
    I often feel as though my childhood was a big Fi-Ni loop. I was terrified of most people it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    My younger brother claims to remember things when he was just an infant also. We actually have home movies from back then, but not from when I or my older brother were babies. This brings a question to mind whether or not these are false memories that you claim to have remembered, but instead you just heard about or saw them. They might be legitimate and they might now.

    *edit* <I started writing a long paragraph here, but then I realized that I was just going off on a random, nonsensical tangent. Deleted. >

    I'm not trying to discount your memory... I'm just writing what I'm thinking. It's probably all ramble-y and boring.



    I'd like to know as well.
    I actually have memory recall from when I was 1 and 2 years old. They're vague, but they're there. It's more like details though. Like the house I lived in, the staircase in it. The pet cat we had at the time, and the hill we lived on, and the garage and driveway. However I do have one, memory of me in a diaper, my mom pregnant with my sister who's only a year younger than me, and us going to the public pool. I wasn't wearing a shirt... and somehow I seem to recall feeling too naked or exposed.

    (edit: Actually, the clothes issue was always there too, even at a very young age. I didn't like to look too girly and showy, nor did I like it when I was dressed too much like a boy. I wore a lot of blacks, grey's, and other dark colors once I was able to pick out my own wardrobe. I detested standing out.)

    However, when I move into age 4 to 5 or maybe 6, my memory recall is more on my feelings. How some situation scared me, or embarrassed me, or scared the living shit out of me. I was incredibly timid and shy as a child. Always freaked out by the world of people around me. I wanted nothing to do with it. But it's also as though, I didn't realize I should interact with it at times, either. People had asked my mother if I were mute, apparently. I was always sort of just observing or taking things in via how they affected me emotionally. I was definitely very Fi as a child.

    I don't know if Se was already in development when in preschool and first grade... but I recall someone getting me a Miss Piggy painters apron for Christmas when I was in preschool. Perhaps this person just wanted to encourage creativity? IDK. In first grade, however, the first thing outside my self and outside my feelings, and outside my own observations and interactions and childhood curiosity, was my art class. I was super excited about learning to draw houses that were 2-d. I wanted to learn how to improve my drawing and always aspired to be an artist.

    My learning style was very hands on like an Se child, I suppose. I recall discovering the laws of gravity on my own by playing with a bucket of water. Why I had the bucket or was spinning it, I'm uncertain... but I just know I was intrigued by the weight and how with force the water did not fall out when spun even upside down. Things of that nature.

    Once I got into about 3rd grade is when I really started to love to dance and sing with my sister and neighbor, who became my best friend. We liked to play Cyndi Lauper and Madonna, and jump up and down and around the room singing songs. I still do this... a lot. I think this is why I like AyoitsStepho so much. Ha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Probably Fi. I'm self-referential too.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  9. #39
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inconnue View Post
    the Tooth Fairy isn't supposed to give you a monopoly therefore she doesn't exist.
    !
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I was apparently a very hyper, destructive child. I was the only kid in the family to actually electrocute myself by sticking a paper-clip in an electrical outlet.
    Reminds me of my brother who is an ISTP. He was rather quiet and calm but secretly destroyed things to see how they worked and once eletrocuted himself. I, on the other hand, drew random things on the wall to pretend I was a prehistoric woman ("Don't talk to me, Mum, I'm in the past !").

    We should have a minute of silence for our parents... and remember our childhood when we want to have kids. XD
    Feel no shame for what you are...

    INTP
    5w4 or 5w6 sp/so

Similar Threads

  1. Post pictures that describe your cognitive functions
    By Cat Brainz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-01-2017, 09:16 AM
  2. Looking at cognitive functions as "energy reserves?"
    By ZNP-TBA in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 11:31 AM
  3. Cognitive Functions as Polarity Systems
    By Anew Leaf in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 01:26 PM
  4. [ENTJ] ENTJs what were you like as children? For instance your social life as a child/teen
    By Brian2626 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 09:59 PM
  5. Post your cognitive functional hierarchy
    By The Decline in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO