User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 42

  1. #11
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    I remember going into an Ni-Ti loop for hours so I could entertain myself.

  2. #12
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Holy! You win the memory award.

    I don't really think I can put a type to myself, but I guess I was always quite introverted. Don't get me wrong, I loved socializing with other people, but I could just as easily retreat into my own little world and stay there. I've always liked to work with my hands (possibly Se), but I've never been an observant person at all (contradicts Se?). Oh and when I played pretend with anyone, I always had to be the boss (Te). We would normally act out things from my imagination because I liked to be in charge and I liked my imagination better than other people's. Hmm... I also really liked math because it's very objective because everything typically has a definitive answer (very S). Oh, and I was always the type of kid who'd constantly get bugged to clean out her tornado of a desk (lack of Te).

    Never much cared to hold on to friends either. I don't recall them meaning terribly much to me... they'd just be around to have a good time and I'd switch my "best friend" nearly every year.

    Hmmm... definitely some type of introverted sensor like I am now, but the rest is too fuzzy.
    Actually, I remember from before I could talk. (Not everything, but a few memories.) I was still an ESFP. Before I could talk, I used to laugh to make everyone around me laugh. My grandmother would say when I got older, "my God, you laughed so early that I thought you were having a seizure instead, I thought, how can a baby this young laugh?" And I do, I remember laughing in my high chair and my whole family laughing at me.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  3. #13
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I remember going into an Ni-Ti loop for hours so I could entertain myself.
    Hmm... what does that mean for a kid??
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  4. #14
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Actually, I remember from before I could talk. (Not everything, but a few memories.) I was still an ESFP. Before I could talk, I used to laugh to make everyone around me laugh. My grandmother would say when I got older, "my God, you laughed so early that I thought you were having a seizure instead, I thought, how can a baby this young laugh?" And I do, I remember laughing in my high chair and my whole family laughing at me.
    My younger brother claims to remember things when he was just an infant also. We actually have home movies from back then, but not from when I or my older brother were babies. This brings a question to mind whether or not these are false memories that you claim to have remembered, but instead you just heard about or saw them. They might be legitimate and they might now.

    *edit* <I started writing a long paragraph here, but then I realized that I was just going off on a random, nonsensical tangent. Deleted. >

    I'm not trying to discount your memory... I'm just writing what I'm thinking. It's probably all ramble-y and boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Hmm... what does that mean for a kid??
    I'd like to know as well.

  5. #15
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    As a toddler I felt very innocent and sensitive, and, largely for psychological reasons, was devoid of power or solidity; I was just a hovering cloud, drifting along in a state very much like dreaming. As with dreams, everything that came to my attention, particularly the words that people said to me, possessed a strange and barely rational significance. That same mysticism (for that's what it was: a very simple form of mysticism) followed me into my childhood, with the result that I grew up having a lot of very strange beliefs that weren't so much about the world around me as they were about this other dreamlike realm that I had access to. This led me to seem imaginative, slightly sage-like, and also very naive for believing things that everyone else thought were silly. Eventually I stopped taking that side of things so seriously, and became less what you would call mystic and more what you would call imaginative.

    I was also ridiculously sensitive as a child. I remember one time spending something like an hour sobbing because a classmate of mine told our teacher that I said she (our teacher) was mean.

    I also remember that after being a subdued, rather quiet person in early childhood, I became someone who was very expressive, interpersonal, and full of emotional energy, which is a trait that stayed with me into adolescence but eventually faded.

    So I think my childhood followed the Ni to Fe growth pattern fairly closely.

    EDIT: If I were to chart the order in which my cognitive processes started coming into their own, it would be: Ni-Fe-Ne-Ti-Fi-Te. The S processes have not really gone anywhere yet, although I feel like I'm on the brink of seeing Se break through.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  6. #16
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    like at ages x-5 i was quite heavy on Ne, but also was quite Ti, pretty much as much as someone that age can be Ti, i have been really logic mature even as really small child. when i was 6, we moved other part of the town and all my friends left behind, new kindergarten etc. i turned more I, but still had Ne, most the time hidden somewhere tho. at some point(maybe like age 10-15) there came some Si, but still pretty much in unconscious, it came out more to conscious in the age of like 17. oh and smoking weed kinda evoked my F at some point of age 16-17, but it was still quite unconscious. since then i have developed more Si and Fe
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  7. #17
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    I read that intuition thread and thought to myself that how on earth these people remember such detailed things. I can't remember much of anything under the age of 5, aside from the birth of my brother at 3.
    Well, I don't have a lot of memories from before age 5 either... that's about when it starts for me, and I remember the birth of my sister. My recollections were focusing on the 5-10 years old segment, and I always remember looking at everything in the framework of "Does this make sense?" And if it didn't, then I wanted to understand it better until it did make sense or I could be sure it was non-sensical. I didn't realize until I got older that many people don't start with that framework any time something happens or they get a new piece of information.

    And there were those intense experiences, like when I cried most of the night because I was trying to imagine eternity but my mind couldn't grasp it because it was impossibly huge. (I had already moved past death, since I could understand that.)

    I have a feeling that I felt happy but I really can't be sure if it was real or again something a fictional character felt.
    Sometimes it's hard to tell what we're reading back into our past vs experienced at the time. (I wondered that when reading Dave Pelzer's memoirs, including "A Boy Named Dave," for example -- much of the narrative is inundated by references that seem to be coming from the adult Dave but are attributed by the writer to the child Dave, where I honestly perceive the child Dave being more "in the moment" and not mentally articulating those things to himself at the time.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    I can remember sitting back in my high chair and eating. Have it!


  9. #19
    Senior Member Thisica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    384

    Default

    I was a very quiet toddler...According to my mum, I didn't cry much. I found it hard to communicate to others, due to the fact that my parents didn't speak much English and I was at the time, the only child in the family. I remember reading the school records which my teacher in kindergarten wrote, which included the comment that I had to try to practice saying to others "I feel _____". I did eventually learn the language, but in primary school found it hard to make friends, due to my tendency to listen more than talk. I probably daydreamed a bit during the lunch breaks. I remember a time when after we were given algebra questions in our year 3 class [which was quite early to learn about it. I was 9 at the time], I would talk to people in the schoolyard, under the huge birch trees, about how my aunty helped me solve these problems...to the amusement of others. I wasn't at all concerned with their reactions. When I attempted to make friends, though, I would often get into arguments with them over issues which they thought weren't important....of course, I no longer do that. I tended to ask myself why people perform certain social conventions, since I desired to make sense of them--such as saying "Thank you"--in compensation for the difficulty of interacting socially.

    It's hard to tell, given that, whether it was a case of delayed development due to situational factors, or normal Ni to Te development. But I think it was the former, due to the above difficulties I experienced. No wonder I find it hard at times to communicate...though that would be hard to see, if you met me
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

    What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

  10. #20
    Resident Apple Hoarder Kriash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    125

    Default

    According to my mom I was a great baby. I was very outgoing and she often was worried because I would go up to random strangers and hug them and such. When I started pre-school at 3 I had a lot of problems because all I wanted to do is talk to all the other kids, and they just wanted to play. I guess I also had a bit of a temper because my family always tells this story(that I do not remember) about how at lunch at pre-school I flipped a table covered in food and bit my teacher, then ran through the building breaking things(at 4).
    In kindergarten I became more introverted. I looked very androgynous even at a young age, and was quite a bit bigger in height and weight than the other kids, I began with withdraw but still got in trouble because when I kid picked on me I would bodyslam them.

    I don't remember being terrible in school, but when I look through old work that my mom saved I clearly was. There were always projects and assignments from elementary school that were unfinished with notes like "Kian chooses not to do his work during class, instead he spends his time day-dreaming and doodling on the back of his papers. This is distracting to other students who don't understand why he does not have to do the assignment."

    Once they wanted to put me in special ed, but I tested so high that they considered putting me up two grades, thinking I was just bored with the work. I was bored with the work, but I wouldn't have done any better in a higher grade so I stayed in 3rd.

    From there on I just became more and more introverted, though at times I can seem extroverted.

Similar Threads

  1. Post pictures that describe your cognitive functions
    By Cat Brainz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-01-2017, 09:16 AM
  2. Looking at cognitive functions as "energy reserves?"
    By ZNP-TBA in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 11:31 AM
  3. Cognitive Functions as Polarity Systems
    By Anew Leaf in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 01:26 PM
  4. [ENTJ] ENTJs what were you like as children? For instance your social life as a child/teen
    By Brian2626 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 09:59 PM
  5. Post your cognitive functional hierarchy
    By The Decline in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO