User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This is not a type related phenomenon.
    Fixed.

Since some of my own inclinations are vaguely Te, I'll make an appeal to an authority and say it is type related.. I'm regurgitating some thoughts touched on by Thomson (INTJ). I must admit, I kind of ride her jock a bit, but whatever.

Since I'm not Fe, I don't give a shit what you think. Because I think she's more informed than any of you on this subject. Also, since I'm not Ti, I won't offer some arbitrary spin or rationalization that it's "not type related", because, to be honest, I have little confidence defending that point of view without getting worn out (my Ti ain't so good ). I'm Fi and simply like Thomson more.

Seriously though, she has some interesting thoughts that touch a little on this (from what I recall, there are some explicit mentionings in the EFJ, ETJ, and ESP chapters).

Actually, I'll offer one Ti idea (I guess?)...

E functions are more of a two way street. Often people talk about Se or Fe, for example, as something you do. Yet, you wouldn't know what to do if you weren't strongly informed by it as well. It's like a pipe with two open ends, where expressions stream through and operate in a more give and take manner. Introversion may work in a more insular way.

Like I said, my Ti sucks. That probably wasn't Ti..

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I get strong feelings but frequently can't quantify them, so I don't quite know what I'm feeling or what it indicates. Or, perhaps I don't trust my intuition (I don't necessarily mean that in terms of Ni or Ne) enough so I think I don't know what it's telling me (kind of the opposite of people who say "my gut feelings are never wrong and I have never been wrong about anyone, ever"... )

It's not useful for much except writing poetry. It's rather frustrating, actually.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I know I experience this every now and then. I had someone tell me once that if you can't explain it, you don't really know it. I disagree. I think there are things you can know but have a hard time explaining. For example, I might get a sense that someone is a certain MBTI type but if you ask me to explain my reasoning, all I can say is there is a certain vibe they give off or they happen to remind me of someone that I know is a certain type.

Do you think you can know something but not be able to really explain it?

If so, how often does this happen to you?

Examples?

Is this type related? I'm guessing its probably more common in N types, and maybe in F types. I would guess that Ni dominants are most likely to experience this sort of thing.
    And anyway, this seems more like a semantic issue than an experiential one. The difference is not whether and to what degree we all experience knowing something without being able to articulate it, but rather if we consider that type of "knowing" to be genuine knowledge at all.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

This is why I like writers

They can overcome this trivial annoyance

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I had this when I was younger but it vanished when I got older and gathered more experience about my own emotions and thoughts and how they work with people. It has become important to me to convince myself of a hunch or impression a person gave first and that I do this rationally. This attitude helped to filter a lot of crazy thoughts out of the brain and has made me more concentrated, reasonable and appear lesser crazy towards others.

My personal theory on this is, the sharper your brain gets, the lesser questions there are you cant answer.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    This is why I like writers

They can overcome this trivial annoyance
    That is true at least to a point...I'm a writer and in general terms I express myself better while writing than in any other means of communication, and I have often used writing as a way of working out what I'm feeling and why.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    That is true at least to a point...I'm a writer and in general terms I express myself better while writing than in any other means of communication, and I have often used writing as a way of working out what I'm feeling and why.
    I used to write more, but I haven't focused on it enough. Sometimes I wish people would just write for me. Heh. I mean, I like collaborating too. I used to have a more disciplined writer as a friend, and it was fun to air out just my premises for stories. He'd appreciate them enough to come back a week later with a screenplay that was more fleshed out, more detailed..

I might be like this with some other things too. Maybe I'm extroverted..

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I used to write more, but I haven't focused on it enough. Sometimes I wish people would just write for me. Heh. I mean, I like collaborating too. I used to have a more disciplined writer as a friend, and it was fun to air out just my premises for stories. He'd appreciate them enough to come back a week later with a screenplay that was more fleshed out, more detailed..

I might be like this with some other things too. Maybe I'm extroverted..
    In terms of collaborating I've always thought what would work well for me would be working with someone who could develop plots and characters, but I'd do the actual writing, description etc. I'm not good at generating interesting ideas and working out plot details, but in terms of style, clarity of expression etc, I write better than most people.

I would have thought that your tendency to come up with premises, rather than fully detailed and worked out stories, is more P than J, rather than indicating extroversion/introversion Not too sure though...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING