User Tag List

First 1234 Last

OK, maybe it is an INFP thing. Maybe I'm something else. I can change a tire without the aid of unicorns.

Although I've read other descriptions where it's ISFPs and ESFPs, with their lack of foresight and live-in-the-moment nature, that can lead them into trouble. I'm confused now. You're all manipulating me o_o

MBTI
    yupp

I don't know but I'm having a pretty crappy time at the moment.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

Well I have always been good at spotting those people. But I have lots a dear friends who have issues with this. I think a lot of the issue is spotting who somebody is by what they do. Not saying that you can define someone by their actions but you can see insight into who they are.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm not an authority obviously, but I never liked that description. I always thought INFPs had a heightened sense of good as well as evil. I think whoever wrote that was probably an NT, who ignored Jung, and hoarded all critical capacity for himself.. and projected naivete on to INFPs (and probably ISFPs too). amirite?
    Yes, but I guess Feelers as a whole are more prone to this kind of naivete where they believe they can make everything better, especially, I think, IxFxs (due to less external feedback). T types usually have a different kind of Pygmalion Project in mind - they want to help their companions achieve great intellectual acuity. Not all Feelers are naive, of course.

I wish I could address the OP's problem, but I have zero experience in that area... Sorry. :sad:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I do it too. I'm in the process of ending a 12 yr. friendship with a VERY manipulative ESFP. But she's not the first i've befriended.. i've been trying to figure out why i befriend these people myself lately...

The only advice i can offer is to get them out of your life as soon as you realize something is wrong. The longer you keep them around the more toxic they become.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    It's like I see them treatin others with disrespect and screwing other people over but I think that they would never do that to me.
    But they will..it's who they are. It might take YEARS for them to do so, but eventually they will.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This used to happen to me so much when I was younger, and I think maybe young NFs can be so trusting and want to be nice to everyone and give them a chance.

I'm totally different now, for the most part, but I basically had to learn to look for patterns of certain types of people and build firm boundaries. I'm pretty much with Huxley on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Yes, but I guess Feelers as a whole are more prone to this kind of naivete where they believe they can make everything better, especially, I think, IxFxs (due to less external feedback). T types usually have a different kind of Pygmalion Project in mind - they want to help their companions achieve great intellectual acuity. Not all Feelers are naive, of course.

I wish I could address the OP's problem, but I have zero experience in that area... Sorry. :sad:
    Interesting way of putting it. I'm not sure where I fall. I'd rather say my own "Pygmalion" tendencies are Ne in nature. I'm guarded with offering my participation in "F" kind of ways though. I'm not even sure I can make anything better sometimes, except for myself. And the easiest idea to fall back on is just removing myself, rather than imagining ways that some jerk is actually a good person. It's not my main direction to just express these hopeful ways with other people. "Don't cast your pearls before swine". I think an INFJ said that though.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Interesting way of putting it. I'm not sure where I fall. I'd rather say my own "Pygmalion" tendencies are Ne in nature. I'm guarded with offering my participation in "F" kind of ways though. I'm not even sure I can make anything better sometimes, except for myself. And the easiest idea to fall back on is just removing myself, rather than imagining ways that some jerk is actually a good person. It's not my main direction to just express these hopeful ways with other people. "Don't cast your pearls before swine". I think an INFJ said that though.
    Are you an INxP, KDude? That would make Ne your "good parent" function, which would explain the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Are you an INxP, KDude? That would make Ne your "good parent" function, which would explain the above.
    It's what resonates with me. Same with 5w4. I think I'm more Fi though. Ti is even less up for display. At least, I've never been the type to speak in an academic/technical manner like some do. I'm not sure if that's type related though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Its a kind of mirroring from your psyche, you've experienced it now its become something your mirroring and it'll happen because you are drawing it into your awareness without proper and healthy boundary placements where you are able to distinguish between aspects of energies.