• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thread to post ratio?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was never good at math so telling me to math is like telling a dog that is not on acid to speak spanish.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Sounds like a classical fear of failure. You don't know the true odds of success until you try.

As a mild perfectionist, this is true, I DO have a fear of failure. Next time I get a semi decent idea, I promise I will start a thread.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
87:1 I think that doesn't sound right.

I think you start alot more threads than that ratio suggests. You seem to be constantly starting threads. You do post alot though, so maybe it is accurate.

wolfy

awsm
I think you start alot more threads than that ratio suggests. You seem to be constantly starting threads. You do post alot though, so maybe it is accurate.

A lot of the threads get dumped in the graveyard so they wouldn't come up in a search. My favourite was the dog balls one... there was a dogs balls one I think.

1067815011_6f8789b86b_oSmall.jpg

No, not exactly.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
A lot of the threads get dumped in the graveyard so they wouldn't come up in a search. My favourite was the dog balls one... there was a dogs balls one I think.

1067815011_6f8789b86b_oSmall.jpg

No, not exactly.
:laugh: who started it? because I want to possibly stalk that person and write them creepy love notes :ninja:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
that's how good my memory is. because I do not recall this, what was it about exactly?

wolfy

awsm
Your dog's interest in his balls. Maybe it was a post, I can't remember.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
well yes he is interested in his balls. wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait are you talking about how i asked why dogs sleep with there noses next to their anus's?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
o ok, don't know if that's worth me writing a love note to myself. but maybe. I'll think about it

Chloe

35:1

apparently, i come here to open thread and disappear after that.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
HA!!

I HAVE TWO THREADS NOW!!!!!

Sooooo i am 365.5:1

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've got 8.98:1 (practically 9:1) ratio. My threads are not usually huge hits, and some of them are complete misses, but I don't bother. It keeps me humble to see how little interest I generate. On the other hand, there's usually a fair amount of replies, and I think the topics get handled just OK. I don't usually invite much side-tracking, but I really enjoy the responses people make. Usually my motive is not to encourage social interaction, even though I enjoy it real life, but to discuss a topic. I feel that many obscure and esoteric topics get handled here MUCH better than in real life conversations, face to face.

I think I was on top10 list of thread starters a while ago. So, my main points in starting threads are curiosity and brainstorming, bouncing off ideas, and examining a topic. I have zero interest in winning anyone in an internet discussion, but I often use a debating method of examining some topic, to see how the idea survives the debate. For me, an honorable debate, for pro and against some idea, is a good method for examining how some piece of fact or some idea can survive.

Then again, I think there's too much a "harmonious" mood in many of my threads. Sometimes I ridicule people's opinions, but at a much lower rate than I see in general discussions. I think that threads where people offend each other go on for longer and invite more spectators. I don't do any of that so often, and I don't often have extreme views, so I'm more of a boring babbler who goes on and on and takes a middle-of-the-road approach to many subjects. See this post right here?