User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    Interesting. I think my motives mostly lie in selfishness. There's something I want to find out and it is important enough to me at that particular moment to create a thread. I don't think about any specific merits of contribution. If somebody else finds some kind of use in it, it's a bonus, but it doesn't directly affect me.
    Well, that's pretty much my motive in starting threads as well -- seeking feedback. I'm just a lot less inclined to do so with "Fluffy topics". I think for me I put more emphasis on originality(Is this something that has been started before? Would this be something that others could be interested in participating in?) and what I believe to be quality(Could this thread possibly give way to fruitful discourse?) when I make threads.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I had the same questions a few weeks back. I wondered if initiators would be more likely to start threads. I wondered if ENFP's would be more likely to start threads because it is said that the ENFP is passionate about their own ideas and projects, not wanting to hang on the coat tails of others.

Reasons that I've started threads are ultimately that I have a question, or want to see a certain idea expanded on by others. THings I haven't thought of will be added. My own ideas challenged. I realize that my question probably has been mulled over before, but its easier to to just post it again instead of searching back through 3 yrs of threads. Is there an obligation to keep ideas organized, not waste forum space, etc? I don't know about that.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    You're wrong.
    Well, I looked at the number of moderators on the top ten thread starters list, and also that Lark is there, and Victor starts lots of threads and seems that way too.

You're the exception, prpl, like always.

Anew Leaf

for me, I haven't done too much thread starting since I am still new here. Also, I have loads of ideas but I don't want to overwhelm this forum with too much awesome. I will, instead, dole out the awesome one tidbit at a time.

Hint: Click on the link in my signature!

If I find something interesting to me, I'll create a thread. Otherwise, I just don't.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

The most prolific thread starters seem to peak out at a rate of 10:1. Dynamiteninja is an anomaly at 6:1, but that is due to the nature of the threads s/he posts.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my ratio is about 150 posts made for every thread I've started... I have over 14,000 posts and 96 threads started

my old blog is STILL in the top 10 threads in the forum for posts, as far as I remember, and I posted a lot in there, which probably has something to do with my skewed numbers
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

109:1 which probably makes me a moderate initiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    109:1 which probably makes me a moderate initiator.
    I've got the same ratio as you. 9018 posts: 83 threads. 108.65:1 to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I've got the same ratio as you. 9018 posts: 83 threads. 108.65:1 to be exact.
    Cool! But does this mean I should turn in my "E" card?